Something we have to give

As we begin again

Taeyeon’s POV

 

I sat up the hospital bed.

I saw Sunny enter the room.

I was still crying.

‘I am still imagining this’

I hug this person I once called my forever.

This feels different.

It seems more solid.

It feels real.

I feel that warm embrace.

It is really Sunny.

 

“Taeyeon? What happened to you? What did you do?”

 

I look at her.

I hold her tightly so I could get myself away from my imagination and go back to the real world.

 

“It is you.” My chest hurts.

 

She held me by my ams and I can sense that she was mad.

Sunny saw the bandage on my arm.

 

“What is this?” her tone goes serious

 

“You think this would solve anything?”

 

“I don’t what else to do Sunny. I felt like my world went black”

 

“BUT YOU SHOULDN’T HAVE DONE THIS”

 

Yuri and Yoona were awakened by the loud tone of Sunny’s voice.

 

“YAH, I TOLD YOU NOT TO COME HERE.” Yuri pointed at Sunny while Yoona held her by the waist.

 

“Yuri-ah, enough. This is not the place for this. Taeyeon is sick.” Yoona said as she was trying to talk yuri who is easily irritated

 

“Yoona, Yuri, I need to speak with Sunny. Okay?” I nodded for them to go out for a while.

 

I wanted closure from Sunny.

I sat down on the bed while Sunny sat down on the couch.

She was wearing the jacket I gave her.

She looks like she has been through hell too but I don’t know how mine differs.

 

“Sunny… I…”

 

“Taeyeon, if you are going to ask me why I left. I need time to think. That is all”

 

“Why not with me Sunny?” I feel my chest hurt more

 

Sunny fell silent.

I could feel that sharp pain in the heart.

My mind is going black again.

I want to cry.

My tears want to fall but I am dried up enough.

 

“It would be unfair to you Taeyeon if I feel like this”

 

“unfair Sunny? You think this is going to be unfair? You have left a 3 year relationship because you thought that you need to time? What about all the time I was with you with every problem. I was there for every obstacle. What is so different now that you need time…time away fr…from..me” I hold my hands. I feel so hurt.

 

“It is different now Taeyeon. It is very different now. I don’t think that it could be fixed anymore”

 

“I deserve to know why you left Sunny. I deserve every bit of explanation because of what you did. You left me so broken that night. You just left. You had your bags packed and I knew what was going on but I kept denying and denying it in my head “

 

“Taeyeon, I will explain it to you when the time comes. As of now, you are hurt with what I did. I need you to be stronger now. I’m sorry but I had to leave you. It would be unfair to you if I didn’t leave. You would understand better, I know you will but not now. I need to go. Please Tae, don’t punish yourself for what I did. For all you know, I am punishing myself for what I did.”

 

Sunny holds my hand.

She kisses it.

She kissed my forehead and I knew that it would be the last time I would feel those lips press against my skin.

 

“You take care Taeyeon, you have good people around you. Don’t do anything stupid now”

 

“You’re going?”

 

“I need to.”

 

I was silent when she left.

That was the closure she could give me.

I could feel that she is still the same person from before but something feels so different about her.

She seems like she went through hell too.

I can’t even think of her without crying.

I stood up and ran by the window overlooking the city

I listen to the song as I sit down .

I remember the moment she left and close my eyes.

I look down my ipod.

 

“Now Playing: Shooting Star”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-H0Ea9WqpQ (this band is Hale. I love this song since I was in grade school)

 

‘Are we really too late for anything?’

 

 

Sunny’s POV

 

As I left the room, I stood still by the door.

I don’t know what to feel.

Now that I have freed myself I want to be able to do anything but life seems to restrict me from doing anything I’d like to do.

I will tell Taeyeon the real reason why I left but she can’t know now.

She is too hurt.

 

“Sunny, what the hell are you doing here? You are not supposed to be here”

 

I couldn’t explain to yul and yoona why I was there.

I just thought the Taeyeon might be in the same hospital because this was the only one nearest our previous home.

 

“Yul, I need Taeyeon to be okay once I explain everything. She needs to understand the situation we are in because I know that the moment I tell her she needs to be okay. I want her to be happy”

 

“HAPPY? HOW THE HELL DO YOU MAKE A PERSON HAPPY BY LEAVING THEM? Problems are problems Sunny that is why we were built in two’s so we could HELP EACH OTHER. You didn’t even give Taeyeon a chance to help you and you just left”

 

“You will also understand why, I know that you are mad at me because of what happened but right now we should all take a rest.”

 

I left without hesitation.

I didn’t want to argue because I knew I was going to lose.

Everyone is mad at me because I left Taeyeon but they will all understand.

I know that it is not the right time.

 

“You need to get a grip. You lost the only person who was always there for you. You are never going to find someone like her again” yoona said

 

“I know. Take care of Taeyeon. She will need you now more than ever. I know that she deserves someone better than me”

 

I felt my tears building up but I didn’t want to show them that I was crying.

I walked away as fast as I can.

My chest hurts.

Taeyeon really deserves someone better than me.

I also thought we were forever but like the weather our feelings, thoughts change.

Yoona’s POV

 

I ask Yul to sleep. She hasn’t slept properly since we got here.

I kiss her cheeks so she would lie down on the couch.

I wanted to talk to Taeyeon and ask about what happened.

She seemed distant.

I knew her thoughts were so far from all of us.

She had her earphones on so I was relieved she didn’t hear the ruckus outside.

 

“Taeyeon?” I tap her on the legs

 

She immediately removes her earphones and faces me. She doesn’t react.

 

“You wanna talk about it?”

 

She sighs. She looks down and touches her fingertips.

 

“She said she will tell me when the time comes.” Taeyeon said

 

“Sunny said that it is not yet the right time for anything because she sees im still hurt by all this. Yoona I’m so broken. If she wanted to hurt me, she had done the best job in doing it. That is how much I love her. It is not the fights that hurt me it is the fact that she can actually leave me”

 

I hug Taeyeon as I don’t want her to see how much I feel for her.

I feel her shaking and gasping for air as she cries again.

I have never seen this person so weak. She has always been such a happy person and I guess this is what sadness looks like on the outside to people who are happy.

Yul was now infront of me.

She saw my face and I was crying as Taeyeon was.

She touched my face to wipe of my tears and mouthed the words

 

‘I would never leave you Yoona’

 

She hugged Taeyeon also.

 

“Taeyeon, we are here. Yul and I are here to help you. We won’t leave you. We might not love you like sunny did but we know that we will love you better”

 

I wipe of Taeyeon’s face with a tissue.

 

“Stop crying. Your skin will get stressed and you look like an ahjumma.”

 

Me and yul smirked at the thought. We saw taeyeon lighten up a bit.

 

“Thank you Yul and Yoona.  I love you both now”

 

 

 

Sunny’s POV

 

I forgot that I had bills to pay.

I went to our apartment to get the envelopes meant for me.

I checked the envelopes and I saw that Taeyeon wrote me a letter.

It took a while before it got here because of all the stamps.

It’s weird because it is just the same house.

The date was from almost exactly 2 years ago.

 

 

 

October 21, 2012

 

         Dear Sunny,

I write this letter because we fought and we haven’t talked in almost a week now then suddenly you came home from work and brought ingredients for us to cook. You asked me to sit down on the table and you told me that you will never be able to do this again. That you cannot just handle just seeing me and not talking to. You didn’t want us to be strangers because we both knew just how much we love each other.

 

I love you Sunny. This day you proved to me how much you don’t want to lose me and how much I don’t too. You taught me everything life has to offer and I changed you for good. We started living for each other the day we met. Maybe you would get this when you get the bills to pay. Remember the moment you finish reading this letter is when I lie down beside you now and hug you from the back.

 

I love you as long as forever. I don’t care how long just as long as I am with you.

 

 

Your Taeyeon

 

 

I close my eyes.

I feel the painful regret.

I kiss the letter that Taeyeon gave me and whisper to the air.

 

‘Taeyeon, I’m sorry but I had to. It will take a while to forgive me but I will wait’

 

 

“YAH!!! Hahahahahahahah. You are talking to the air. What gives?!”

 

I stare at her.

This drunk woman is trying to piss me off.

She doesn’t know what is happening.

 

“You should recongnize mee….meee*hiccup* I am…m the.. heir-RESS to the biggest family BUSINESS in South KOREA!”

 

I do recognize her but she is always so proper in magazines.

 

“Shouldn’t you be home? Ms. Uhh—“

 

“TIFFANY HWANG. MISS TIFFANY HWANG”

 

“Do you need to call anyone? Dad? Security guard? Janitor?”

 

“I DON’T*hiccup* need anyone. I have MOOOOONEEEYY”

 

“Well we will all lose it anyways. You are just lucky you are not part of the statistics (meaning poor)”

 

I help this drunk person anyways.

She was so noisy the whole way.

I knew where she lived.

I mean everybody did.

They had the biggest house in Seoul and once we arrived the guards started inspecting me for guns and all.

 

“Thank you” she seemed sober now. Maybe because she was going to meet her dad.

 

I walked home.

 I arrived at my new apartment.

I feel dizzy.

My head hurts.

I lie down. 

I wait for the next day to come.