Unpacking

15/Love

"What are you doing here?" Youngjae asked, glaring at the boy he has loathed since he was seven. Youngjae didn't understand, he was a good boy! Sure he would manipulate his grades, and disregarding the fact that he threw the worst tantrums after matches, he was pretty much a good boy nonetheless. So what has he done in his life that caused him to be stuck with Busan's (annoying) 'hot shot' Jung Daehyun?! 

"Aw, don't be like that Youngjae. We haven't seen each other in years, and this is the way you greet a friend?" Daehyun spoke, grinning as soon as he saw Youngjae clad in nothing but a towel around his waist. It has been years since he last seen Youngjae, and he was sort of jealous that Youngjae never seemed to have had an 'ugly' period like he did. But what he was more surprised to see was the small pack of abs that Youngjae now had in exchange for his previous baby fat. "Don't you miss me at all? I see you've changed alot," Daehyun teased, egging on the way Youngjae was glaring at him, before going down to his suitcase.

"We aren't friends, Daehyun. So of course I did not miss you. Nothing has changed at all." Youngjae spat, flipping open his suitcase to find two small boxes sitting in the centre for everyone in the room to see. He quickly felt blood rush to his cheeks and he made a mental note to give Himchan a very lengthy call when he was done. Before he could do anything to hide the boxes, he found himself reaching out to Daehyun who had beat him to it. 

"Durex? Has my friend Youngjae been ually active nowadays? Wow, Youngjae I didn't know you had it in you" Daehyun laughed, holding his hand further away from Youngjae. Reaching over onto Daehyun's body was something Youngjae really wished he didn't have to do, especially if he was just wearing a towel, but he really didn't have a choice. Youngjae didn't even pack these himself! But he was thankful to say the least, that Himchan didn't pack any gay toys... unless he did, then Youngjae would have to check later. 

"Jung Daehyun, give it back right now-"

"You don't want to share? C'mon you have two boxes, how much action could you even get?" Daehyun questioned, actually thinking of how much he missed during his years away from Korea. Youngjae seemed to have improved a lot in looks, not that he needed to improve anyway, but he can't help but admit that Youngjae really became something. His hair was still black, and it looked soft to touch, his skin was pale but there was a warm hint of a sunkissed tan that made him glow, and his body overall became more firm and toned. So he wouldn't be shocked if he had found that Youngjae was actually getting active in a place other than the court.

"More than you could ever imagine," Youngjae lied, he hasn't had much experience, but Daehyun didn't need to know that, "And why are you not wearing a shirt?" Youngjae said again, feeling irritated that Daehyun had the audacity to just think it's okay to lie down on an already occupied bed, half . He retracted himself away from Daehyun knowing that the Busan boy wanted nothing but to talk, and Youngjae just knew he had no time to deal with people like him. 

"Why? Is my shirtless presence making you feel uncomfortable?" Daehyun smirked again.

"No. Your entire presence is making me sick, so please, just put on some clothes!" 

"I'd say the same about you, Yoo. Do you even have underwear underneath all that?" Daehyun challenged, and before Youngjae could feel a hand grab his towel, he felt the open wind dance along his rear. 

A wide grin and a muffled laugh was all Daehyun could do when he saw how shy Youngjae had become again. Who knew Youngjae was this bold and confident? 'It's going to be fun to play around with you, Yoo...' Daehyun thought as soon as he was pulled up from Youngjae's bed and pushed outside the cabin in a matter of seconds. 

 

 

"Hello, Youngj-"

"Himchan! It's all your fault! What did you do!" 

"Well from the time we texted this morning to now, nothing. I'm still in bed..."

"No! Not that you imbecile! Why did you have to pack condoms?!"

"Please, they're not going to hurt you Jae. And can you stop shouting? It's only 9:50AM and my head hurts already."

"Because of you I made a fool of myself!" 

"Why? What happened?" 

"I came out of the shower, then he was on the bed! He was half .. shirtless... then I came out with no underwear so I had a towel... then... condoms.... ... we were on a bed too and- Himchan! It's all your fault!" 

"Youngjae! You had ?! Already?! OH MY GOD YOUNGJ-"

"NO HIMCHAN. Jung ing Daehyun was ON MY BED" 

"YOU HAD WITH JUNG DAEHY-" 

Youngjae hung up on Himchan, before heading back into the cabin where he left Daehyun to shower. After the whole incident in the morning, Youngjae managed to calm down and Daehyun just laughed it off as usual, saying it was 'no big deal' thus making Youngjae feel like he over-reacted. He hated Daehyun like that - always managing to make him feel stupid. So as soon as he came back into the cabin just a few minutes later, he saw Daehyun fully clothed and unpacking his belongings. 

"It's nice to see you wearing clothes this time, Jung." Youngjae barked, shooting a glare as Daehyun openly chucked his things around the room. 

"Likewise, Yoo. But I must admit, seeing you without clothes on was something spectacular too." Daehyun laughed, watching the way Youngjae froze in his spot to glare even harder at the boy. "You really need to relax. How do you expect to get laid if you're always so tense?" Daehyun argued lightly, closing his empty suitcase and shoving it underneath his bed. 

"I don't plan on getting laid, Daehyun. I'm here to practice." 

"Yeah, of course you are. But it's summer break now, don't you think you should have fun too?" Daehyun insisted cheekily, smiling as he watched Youngjae clench his fist in annoyance. 

"As a matter of fact, playing tennis is fun for me, Jung. And I'll have you know, that with all the years that you haven't been on the scene, I have. So I think you're the one who needs to practice, am I right?" Youngjae commented as he began to reorganise the way his clothes were kept in the closet. Jung Daehyun really got on his nerves. Especially with that ing smirk he always has on. Who does he think he is?! 

"Oh, that's interesting for you to say..." Daehyun said, watching Youngjae stop his actions and look at him questioningly with squinted eyes, "... that you've been in the loop, and I haven't... very interesting" 

"What's that supposed to mean?! Look Jung-"

"ATTENTION ALL CAMPERS. PLEASE PROCEED TO THE GREAT HALL IMMEDIATELY FOR THE OPENING GREETING. I REPEAT, PLEASE PROCEED TO THE GREAT HALL" 

Youngjae, with a quick hard glance at the direction of his (self-proclaimed) rival, made his way out of the cabin and towards the said venue, ignoring the calls coming from behind him, asking him to 'wait up'. Wait up?! I've been waiting for you to appear for years just to beat your . Stupid Jung Daehyun. Thinks I'm not good enough to be noticed, and as if he is?! Where the has he been all this time?!

 

 

It wasn't long after he arrived at the great hall to find JB, his doubles partner, and best friend (the 'sports kind' of best friend, as Himchan would put it). JB and Youngjae sat together throughout the duration of the introduction, mainly ignoring the information about the health checks, the curfews, the break times and what not, and it was only when they heard of the presence of an international sporting legend, that they all focused their attention onto what was happening in front of them. "That's right - an international sporting senstation is coming here in a few weeks to oversee our final matches. And as you know, if you'd want to be somebody, you gotta work like you are somebody." said their camp leader, who stood at the stage in front. Once the introductions and formal greetings were overit was time for breakfast - or more so - it was the time to check out the competition. 

After getting their nutritional breakfasts, Youngjae and JB managed to find a space to sit before all the seats were taken. During this time, both boys took the chance to take a quick look around the room for any threats or hindrances to their time staying. 

"Aish~ stupid Jinyoung is here... man, I hate that guy. I heard he wants to do a mixed doubles match this time, but with Suzy as his partner." JB winced, watching Jinyoung from afar as he tried to make peace with Suzy, who looked so disinterested and bored. JB was determined this year to win her over, but he didn't think that would be possible when he heard a rumour this early morning about her and her new love interest. 

"Don't worry bro, you'll get her. Other than me, you're the only one that's charming and skilled enough to impress her," Youngjae teased, as he began to eat his pancakes deliciously. Suzy was one of those girls who was definitely on the rise, having come in 1st place for her age in the past 4 years, there was no doubt that she'd have high expectations. "And plus, if a guy like Jinyoung could date her, that's saying something". 

"Yeah but Youngjae, you see there's this guy that I kinda want to-" 

 

"What are we talking about boys?"

"Nothing of your concern, Jung Daehyun, please leave" Youngjae stated, taking in a big deep breath as soon as he felt Daehyun make himself comfortable beside him. 

"Aw, do you really want me to leave? Look around you, everyones looking at us - well, me mostly - but you're in their direction too." Daehyun joked, as he watched Youngjae look around the room to see all the girls and some guys look at them with a curious yet interested eye, whispering to each other behind smiles and giggles. 

"Yeah, they're probably looking at your big fat nose, and thinking how the hell can you see the ball under the thing," 

"Ouch, that hurts Youngjae, but you know that's not what else is big," Daehyun said playfully, laughing as soon as he saw JB stop eating at the chance to witness Youngjae's face turn red with anger. "What's that?! You're ego?!" Youngjae argued, standing up from his seat and bringing his tray away. This time, everyone was definitely staring at them, and JB was getting embarrassed and flustered too easily, too soon. Especially when he saw that Suzy was looking towards their table with interest and a smile. 

"Uh... Youngjae, wait up!" JB called, following Youngjae in suit to leave the dining area. JB knew lightly about Youngjae and Daehyun's past, but he didn't know to what extent it went too, and how affected Youngjae was by it, but as he trailed Youngjae down towards the tennis courts, he mentally prayed to the tennis gods that Youngjae won't be too competitive this year, because everyone who has played a match in Seoul knows their certain about one thing, and one thing only about him - Youngjae HATES losing. And with Daehyun back on the scene... JB wasn't too sure how the rest of camp would play out, but he can only hope for one thing, and that was for no one to get hurt. No one. 

 

 

However, back at the dining hall, Daehyun was surrounded by a table filled with girls, asking him questions, trying to talk to him, flirt with him even in the most obvious ways from saying innocent lines to even playing with tennis jokes about balls and raquets. But despite all of this ongoing attention, all Daehyun could do was think happily about Youngjae, think about how amusing it was to see him scramble out of the hall, and how cute it was for him to still be competitive over the littlest of things. Oh, Youngjae, you still don't know do you? But it's okay, you'll find out sooner or later, even if its through the hard way...

 

 

----

ok short update??? really rough update too, but i havent updated this in nearly a year so i thought 'yeah why not' haha please excuse everything, im writing this directly onto aff because i cbb using a doc etc. ok ily x