The Preparation

Marionette [Five-Shot]

 


Sekyung waited in the school's practice room after class had ended, hoping that Jonghyun wouldn't be late. 
 
As she was lounging about, someone crept behind her and scrunched her hair. "Hey!" Sekyung yelled.
"Guess who?" 
"Jonghyun." She blankly replied with a hint of irritation. "Isn't that greeting already so overused?"
"Then how about I try it like this?" Jonghyun walked towards her then covered her eyes with his hand and moved his face very close to hers and said, "Guess who?"
"J-Jong..hyun." She responded weakly, her cheeks turned into a rosy color.
 
"Hey Jong, we didn't come over here just to see you play around with a girl. Where's your dance partner?" Minho, the school's soccer captain said out of the blue. He was accompanied by three other guys. 
"This is her." Jonghyun pointed at Sekyung while she raised her hand.
"Oh, hello!" The four of them said.
"Hello, nice to meet you." Sekyung bowed and greeted them happily.
 
Jonghyun then introduced them to her one by one. He started with Onew who loved to eat chicken and is the second highest in his year level. Minho is the school's soccer captain and is Taemin's best friend and room mate. Taemin is going to be choosing the routine and will be the coach of Sekyung and Jonghyun. Lastly, Key will be designing the outfits that they will wear at the talent show.
 
"So, what kinda routine would you guys like?" Taemin asked the both of them. 
"Contemporary." They both responded at the same time. 
"Contemporary it is." Taemin then browsed the internet for dance videos and told the two to just stretch and warm up and talk to Minho and Onew who just tagged along because they were bored.
 
While they were warming up, Jonghyun couldn't help but stare at Sekyung's beautiful and perfect figure.
"You got a nice figure, you know that." He said while Sekyung was doing a split.
"You're such a ert, you know that?" She said in disgust.
"I can do whatever I want, you're my marionette after all." 
"What does that mean anyway? Me being your marionette and all."
"It's simple." Jonghyun then lifted her up from her split, made her turn and pulled her into a hug. He then whispered, "I control you."
".... Control me?"
 
"Hey! Sorry to destroy your moment but how about this choreo?" Taemin then showed them his first choice. "I love it!" Sekyung said in excitement.
"No way, never in a million years." Jonghyun wasn't amused at all.
"Why?! It's nice." She insisted.
"No way you'd catch me doing that extremely upbeat piece. Besides, you're under my control so you don't have a say on this." After hearing this, Sekyung just sighed in disappointment and went back to warming up.
 
After warming up, they decided to chat with Onew, Minho and Key who weren't doing much. They were just randomly chatting about school life until Taemin had once again, interrupted them and showed his second choice. "Yeah, very nice." Jonghyun said while nodding.
"I don't like it." Sekyung said otherwise.
"Why?!?!?!" Jonghyun and Taemin both yelled for they were so in the zone and couldn't wait to do the routine.
"I said contemporary. Would you expect me to do popping, locking and krumping?"
"Y'know Jong, she's got a point." Taemin said.
"Oh, fine." Jonghyun said with disappointment this time.
"Which is why I made a third choice, I knew you guys were going to argue anyway." He showed them the third choice and both Jonghyun and Sekyung said, "This is it." 
 
The reason as to why they both chose it was because it was a routine that they could relate to. It was a Sonya Tayeh routine and the song used is Tore My Heart. In this routine, they have to feel pain and fierceness. They must show a lot of emotion for it to be a fantastic performance.
 
"Key, start taking Sekyung's measurements for her outfit." Jonghyun said with a snap.
"Finally, I've been waiting for this for an hour already." Key said.
 
As Key took Sekyung's measurements, he started to become attracted to her visuals.
"Okay, we're done." He said as he looked straight into her glistening eyes. He was entranced.
"Thank you." She smiled at him and went away, not knowing that she had just made another man fall in love with her.
 
"Okay, let's start practicing!" Taemin enthusiastically said. "This'll be a tough one, and by tough I mean lifts, pulling, sliding and intense shoving and throwing." 
"Bring it on." The two performers said with motivation.
And so, they started practicing.
 
"No, no, no, no, NO!" Taemin said with frustration.
"What now?" Jonghyun whined.
"That's not how you slide the girl across the floor! You hafta drag her as if she was a mere slave! Sekyung, can you just stand up as I teach Jonghyun how to drag you." Sekyung nodded and Taemin got into position.
"Now, drag me as if you don't give a damn!" Jonghyun did as he said so, he dragged Taemin as if he didn't care. The others who were watching were just rolling on the floor laughing because it just looked so funny to see Jonghyun dragging Taemin who was acting as the girl.
 
"That was good, practice is over!" Taemin declared.
"Thanks, you did well too." They both said.
 
After practice, Jonghyun suddenly took Sekyung's hand and said, "I'll bring you home today."
And so, he did.
 
As they walked together, there was an awkward silence. Even Jonghyun's chicness couldn't battle out its awkwardness. 
"So, we did great today." Jonghyun tried to break the ice.
"Yeah, we did." She replied calmly with a grin.
"Say, where's your house?" He asked.
"Oh, we'll be there in two minutes." They continued to walk in silence.
 
"Here's my house. Bye-" Before she could even finish her sentence and leave, he gave her a sincere hug and said, "Don't think of this the wrong way." He then immediately left, trying to compose himself and maintain his image but it was clear that his legs were shaking.
 
She wondered to herself as she entered her house, "Then what am I supposed to think of this when I cherished that moment?"

If you guys are interested to know what Jonghyun and Sekyung's routine is, it's this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkvg3UNGScA

I'm sorry that it took a while, I had a math test and a writer's block.

Thank you for reading~! :)