Love at First Dance

Marionette [Five-Shot]

 


"Hey! come back here!" yelled the Hall Monitor, running after Jonghyun who had violated the school's dress code for having ear piercings. "Hit me with your best shot!" Jonghyun replied, provoking him as he swiftly ran away. The chase went on for a very long time but when the rebel took refuge by the bushes of the flower garden, he was completely camouflaged. The hall monitor had once again, lost the fight against the undefeated Kim Jonghyun. 
 
Jonghyun looked around to see if the coast was clear. He was about to leave until he heard someone humming, specifically a female. Being entranced by the sweet humming voice, he scavenged around the bushes to find the source of it. The more he searched, the more audible the mysterious voice became. 
 
Eventually, he reached the school's flower garden and in the middle stood an extremely beautiful girl. The girl's features were no joke, she had milky white skin that complimented her long dark brown hair, a modelesque figure and the most charming smile. Jonghyun just sat there, hiding himself from the stunning girl who he noticed was Shin Sekyung, his classmate.
 
She began to dance gracefully as she hummed which made her even more attractive to Jonghyun. Every move that she made looked really natural. Whenever she would do a turn or a pirouette, a few petals would whirl around her accompanied by the spring breeze. It was a truly breath-taking sight.
 
The girl stopped dancing when she noticed that Jonghyun was actually watching her from afar. Her face started to blush, making her cheeks turn into a pinkish color. "Who's there?" Sekyung walked closer to him. He walked toward her with his chic charisma, they both stopped halfway. 
"I'm Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun and you must be Shin Sekyung." 
"Yes, I am. Kim Jonghyun, the rebel Kim Jonghyun?" She innocently asked.
"Yes, the one and only charismatic, handsome and charming Kim Jonghyun." He was very vain as you see, complimenting himself is like a daily supplement that he needed to take.
"How did you find me here?" 
"Well, I was running away from that pest, the Hall Monitor to be exact then I ended up hearing your voice and seeing you here."
"Say, what genres do you dance?" He asked her with much curiosity.
"Well, I dance contemporary, ballroom and jazz." They fitted her image perfectly.
 
Suddenly, Jonghyun held her hands and made her twirl which made the ends of her skirt brush against his legs. 
"What are you doing?" She asked rather puzzled.
"Just follow my lead." He said with a grin and confidently took control.
 
After that twirl, they danced around the garden as if it was a choreographed piece. But no, they're just dancing about looking like Cinderella and Prince Charming... a rather chic Prince Charming.
 
They slowly let go and looked at each other straight in the eye. At that moment, the both of them had fallen in love at first dance. But neither party admitted.
"You're perfect." Jonghyun said with a smile.
"Perfect for what?" She asked.
"Perfect to be my partner.... I mean, dance partner for the school's talent show." That was a close call, he almost lost his chicness back there.
 
The school's talent show was not just any usual talent show. It exhibited the best of the best performers of the school and Jonghyun happened to be a part of the best of the best dancers of the school. But he needed a partner urgently with the show being just three days away. The question is, will she still accept even if there is a lack of preparation time?
 
Of course she did, she couldn't be any happier to be his partner. After all, she is attracted to him.
"Sure, I'd love to." She replied with a big smile on her face.
"Then it's settled. Meet me at the school's practice room tomorrow after class, my marionette." He gave her a wink as he brushed his hand on her cheek and left, she was dazed.
 
She thought to herself, "Marionette?... I'm his marionette? What could that mean by that...?"

1st Chapter, Done! I might not be able to update for a few days cause I have a math test coming up.

Thank you all for reading~! :)