Finale

Forget Me, Not
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Donghae-ah, whatever happens in the future...I'd like to apologize…”

Donghae stared at Jaejoong, bemused, eyes asking if it was a joke, so he can start laughing.  However, Jaejoong was dead serious.  He wore a sad expression that began to bother Donghae little by little. 

“Why?  Is there something I should know?  Are you hiding—”

“Aniyo!” He shook his head.  “Promise me, Donghae—that you won't get angry.  Just think that I'm doing this for the betterment of the world.”

Donghae could only nod in agreement, even when he didn't really understand what he meant.  Furthermore, he had no time to think about it because he had more important things to focus on.  One of such is the expansion of his business.  He didn't want to be looked down on again.  His ego had suffered so much.  It was hard to rebuild his pride.

Damn.  I shouldn't bring up the past, I have long moved on.

A year had passed and he must look forward to the future.  He grabbed every opportunity he finds to succeed.  He worked tediously and patiently until his company grew diversely.  He became popular in the business world—a handsome bachelor sought after by women of all ages.  But he was aloof and never gave attention to any of them.  Only one woman holds his heart but sad to say, she isn't here now.

Donghae, forget it. Forget her, he reminded himself.  He grabbed the glass of wine on the table and drank it all.  Ah~ these parties can really be a great diversion from his dilemma—when he misses her.

But tonight's no ordinary gathering.  He felt something weird upon entering the venue.  There were familiar faces that he can't recall when he met them.  His palms were cold and sweating.  He calmed down a bit when he saw Jaejoong approaching him.

“Hyung, at last I can talk to someone I know well here,” he smiled.

He seemed shocked to see him.  “D-Donghae, you shouldn't have come.”

His smile vanished right away.  “Huh?  But I was invited—”

“You need to go home, Donghae,” Jaejoong pleaded, “before something happens.”

“Aigoo.  You're such a party pooper, Hyung,” he chuckled.  “I'll leave later.  The night is still young—” he stopped mid-track when she saw a familiar girl walking to the makeshift stage of the beach party.  His eyes widened as his heart began to beat erratically.  “M-mwoya—what is Jessica doing here?  She is back?”

Jaejoong's shoulders fell and instead of answering him, he said, “M-mianhaeyo.”  Then he left him confused and went to the stage. 

What is going on?  The guests suddenly applauded at something the MC announced.  Had he gone deaf?  He didn't even hear a thing since his heart was beating very loud.

“Those kids really ended up together, just like how I imagined it when they're still young,” Donghae overheard from the other table.

“You don't say, Granny.  At first they said they're just friends, but look at them now.  They're engaged.”

Like a deja vu, Donghae felt miserable, as though the world conspired against him again.  He was speechless, because the pain in his chest became unbearable, he can hardly breathe. 

Seriously?  Jessica's engaged to Jaejoong?  Is this what he was apologizing for?  Darn it.  What about their bro code? (Not hooking up with your friend's current girl or ex)  He felt betrayed.  Why does it have to be the girl she loves?

He ran out of the place because he can't stand being there anymore.  He couldn't take that another man was making her smile.  It stabbed him hundred times, he wanted to cry.  Once his tears fell, memories came to him like a flashflood.

Jessica was his girlfriend ever since their college days.  He met her through Jaejoong, because they're childhood friends.  But in those years, Donghae was hardly accepted in her family.  They don't like him because he wasn't as rich as them.  They want a guy who could give the world to their daughter.  They insulted and stepped onto his very being.

Disappointed he was; this drove him to work the hardest.  However, it resulted to sacrificing his little time to be with Jessica.  He didn't even notice that he's hurting her unconsciously.  He was turning into another person who is full of insecurities.  And it was too late when he realized his fault.  

Jessica got involved in a car accident and was in the state of coma for 3 weeks.  His world almost crashed when he heard the news.  And worse, her parents won't let him see her.  Jaejoong pitied him, so he sneaked him in her room.  She finally woke up when he was there.  He was so

Please log in to read the full chapter