Chapter 1

Sisterly Love

 

 

 

 

 

A head pokes through the door to Krystal’s room. “So you’ve finally decided to get yourself killed.”



 

“Shut the hell up, Amber.” Krystal strikes back bitterly.



 

Amber smirks at her remark. She fully enters the room and shuts the door behind her.



 

“Why are you here?” Krystal asks irritably, making it obvious that she doesn’t want the latter in the same room with her.



 

“What? I can’t visit a friend because i’m worried that she’s been hospitalized?”



 

“We’re not friends, and you’re not worried.” Amber ignores her statement and heads toward the bed.



 

The tomboy takes a seat in the chair beside Krystal. “I know why you got drunk, you know that right?”



 

“What are you talking about?” Krystal snaps back a little too quickly.



 

She takes the styrofoam cup filled with water from the bedside table, taking a sip to cool herself down.



 

“Come on Kryssie.” Amber chuckles as she sees the latter cringe in disgust at the nickname she was given. “I can see the way you look at her when you think no ones watching.”



 

“You know, by the way you two act around each other, if i didn’t know you guys were sisters...” She pauses to see Krystal’s expression. Trying to stay emotionless, but it’s obvious that she’s breaking, “I would’ve guessed you were lovers.”



 

At that moment, Krystal had crushed the poor cup in her hands, the remaining water soaking into the bedsheets.



 

“Shut up Amber! T-That’s sick! How c-could you even say something like that…” Krystal argues back weakly with a shaky voice.



 

“But you wish it were true, don’t you?” Amber says mockingly. “But that’s the thing about wishes….some are just too impossible to achieve.”



 

At this point Krystal is breaking down, shutting her eyes closed to keep the tears from flowing out like a waterfall. “Stop…” She says in a hushed tone.



 

“You need to get it through your pretty little head that you two can never be.” Amber continues, adding fuel to the younger Jung’s fire.



 

“Stop!” Krystal bursts. “Just shut up! Shut your damn mouth!”



 

Amber smirks as she sees Krystal crumbling down, right in front of her. Her eyes catch sight of a small picture frame on the bedside table.



 

It shows Krystal and a boy around her age smiling happily at the camera with smudges of ice cream splattered randomly on their faces.



 

“Poor Minho...You have the nerve to use him as your decoy to hide the fact that you love your sister.” She chuckles as she sees a picture of Krystal and Jessica hidden behind the current one.



 

At that moment the machine beside Krystal’s bed measuring her heartbeat rate began beeping loudly, and she was left desperately gasping for air.



 

Amber just stood, that sly smile still plastered on her face as she sees Krystal so weak. A few seconds later, doctors and nurses had come bursting through the door to give her oxygen.



 

“Miss, I’m going to have to ask you to leave, what’s your name?” One of the nurses ask.



 

“Amber Josephine Liu.” She smirks as she answers honestly.



 

“Okay, let’s go Amber, i’ll take you outside.” The nurse says as she leads her to the door.



 

On the way out, before exiting out the door, Amber gives Krystal a devilish smile.



 

“See you later, Kryssie.”



 

*****



 

“I’m here for Krystal Jung. I got a call that something had happened, so I came here straight away. I’m her sister.” The blonde haired girl says worriedly.



 

“Ah yes, Jung Krystal. Her heartbeat had risen and she was running low on oxygen. Because of the damage done to her lungs in the car accident, it became difficult for her to breath. We’ve already set her up with an oxygen mask and tank so she should be okay now. We just called you to inform you of this.” Jessica nods in understanding.



 

“Here, i’ll walk you to her room.” Jessica agrees and they walk to Krystal’s room.



 

Before he leaves her at the entrance he says, “There was a woman here that may be the cause of her heartbeat to rise considerably high. Would you know an Amber Liu by any chance?”



 

Jessica shakes her head. “No, I’ve never heard of the name. But why was she in Krystal’s room?”



 

“She claimed to be visiting her friend so we let her through, but don’t worry, we’ll make sure she doesn’t come back here.” He reassures her and gives her a small smile.



 

Jessica bites her lower lip as she nods her head, signalling for the doctor to leave.



 

Has Krystal been keeping secrets from me?



 

She enters the room and shuts the door behind her.



 

She looks and sees Krystal lying in bed asleep, with the oxygen mask securely placed on her from the bridge of her nose to the roof of her chin.



 

Jessica walks over and sits on the chair closest to the bed and scoots up until the bed is connected with the chair.



 

“Oh Krys…” Jessica sighs quietly as she reaches over to carefully sweep off Krystal’s bangs that have fallen onto her face, covering her eyes.



 

Her hand falls gingerly onto her sister’s cheek, gently it with her thumb. She closes her eyes as she listens to the ragged, steady breaths that leave Krystal’s mouth, the oxygen mask making it louder than usual.



 

Jessica stands up and leans over the bed to plant a kiss on Krystal’s forehead, but she quickly pulls away when she hears a few soft knocks on the door.



 

She could have sworn she heard Krystal whimper as her hand left her face, but she threw the thought away.



 

Her expression fell when she opened the door to reveal him with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. Forget Me Not, Krystal’s favorite...“Oh hey Minho…” She says quietly, careful not to wake Krystal up.



 

“Ah Jessica-ssi, the doctors told me you’d be here. I heard about what happened earlier so I came here to check on Krystal.” Minho whispers as he looks over Jessica’s shoulder and sees Krystal sleeping.



 

“Oh, of course.” She says as she moves aside to let him in.



 

She watches as he sets the flowers down and then takes Krystal’s hand in his, it gingerly with his thumb. Similar to what she had done with her cheek moments ago.



 

He turns back to look at Jessica. “Can I have a few seconds alone with Krystal? If you don’t mind…” He asks softly and politely.



 

“Oh yeah, I was gonna...I was just gonna go anyway. I’ll be back later in the day.” She says as she walks back toward the door.



 

“I’ll take care of her, don’t worry.” Minho smiles reassuringly to Jessica before she leaves.



 

Jessica manages a small smile and nods before walking out and shutting the door behind her.



 

She pauses, contemplating on her next actions. She takes a deep breath as she makes up her mind and leans her ear on the door.



 

She can hear Krystal giggling on the other side. She must have woken up.



 

“I was so worried about you Krys…” Minho says, his voice muffled by the door. “I love you so much…”



 

Jessica’s breath hitches as she anticipates for Krystal’s response.



 

“I love you too.” Came Krystal’s quiet, muffled response, but Jessica heard it perfectly.    



 

With that, she jerked her head away from the door and walked out of the hospital.



 

*****


 


“Oh yeah, and Jessica-ssi was here a couple minutes ago, just to let you know, Krys.” Minho said.



 

Krystal blushes as she looks down at her hands placed comfortably in her lap “Yeah, I know…”






 

A/N: Just to let you guys know, more characters will be added, hopefully next chapter. I want to add sub pairings like TaeNy and maybe YoonYul. So please stay tuned! :)