Prologue

Flowers Language

Mun Jung Hyeok, also known as Eric Mun or Mr. M or E CEO, was a CEO of Shinhwa Company, a well known record label, talent agency, producer and publisher of pop music in entertainment industry. He was a well known CEO, admired by most of his employees as a man full of charms.

Despite being CEO, Eric Mun actually wasn’t a very organized person. If not because of his secretary Lee Jonghyun, he would be late at every meetings and appointments, because of either too absorbed in his works or taking a nap in his office. But he had developed a habit of getting up early, taking showers and having breakfast alone at his apartment at seven in the morning. Then he would drive his car and went to Venus, a beautiful flower shop owned by his older sister, the oldest daughter of Mun family. He had developed this habit since his sister opened the flower shop 3 years ago. The first time he went there was for giving his sister a mental support on the first day it opened. Then everyday on the first month he would come over to give some help and without him knowing it, it had become his habit, kind of a ritual in the morning.

Usually he would park his car at the park a block away from his sister’s shop just so he could enjoy the refreshing morning air. Today though, just like any other day in winter where the weather was freezing and cold, he would park his car nearer and jogged to the Shop while tightening his coat. Inside the shop, he was greeted by the sight of his sister having his breakfast, just like any other day.

“Noona,” He gave his sister a kiss on the cheeks and taking off his coat, nodding to a young girl called Jiwon, one of two employees at Venus. He went to the storage room and took a broom to start cleaning the shop.

Just like his sister, Eric also loved the beauty of flowers and the meaning behind them. He would spend his morning cleaning up the shop, watching every flower and watering them. Spending time admiring their beauty or reading a book of flowers after that. It was a non-written rule at Venus, that the morning duty would mostly done by Eric, he would be mad and upset, throwing tantrum at his sister a whole day if all the morning duty was done by her employees. They could help, but finishing them all is a big no no, Eric once had said. It had happened once or twice and that’s not a thing that her sister wanted to face again, but still the employees had to be there before 08.00. He rarely stayed until the shop was opened though, he would leave at 08.45 and went to his office.  This side of him though, no one knew but his sister and Venus employees.

But today he wanted to stay until the shop was opened. He had been curious of what kind of customers that his sister had, did they admire the flowers as he did? He had informed his secretary that he would be late to the office today. He didn’t have a meeting in the morning, so he might as well took this chance to stay little bit more at the Flower Shop.

Right at 09.00 am, he turned the Closed sign to Open and excitedly waiting behind the counter for his customer. But flower shop wasn’t like an office that would be busy right away when it opened. People usually would come in the afternoon, around lunch time or after that. He realized it soon when even after an hour passed by, no one walked to the flower shop. He didn’t have much time to wait until lunch time though. Feeling bit sad, he stood up and ready to take his coat when the very first customer walked into the shop with a phone in hand, talking with someone on the other end of his call.

Eric felt like time had stopped the moment that guy walked passed through the glass door. The guy was indeed handsome with some kind of feminine figure. He was tall, wearing a long brown coat that just suited his slim figure. Small frown and unhappy expression could be seen clearly on his face, as if going to the flower shop was the least thing that he would do. As he stepped near to the counter, he could hear the guy’s calm, deep and soothing voice, and he swore he would’ve melted right away if it wasn’t in winter and the weather was freezing cold out there.

“May I have a bouquet of red roses, please?” The guy said. But Eric wasn’t paying attention, too absorbed in his own world.

“Excuse me..” The guy said once again, knocking the counter two times.

Eric blinked twice and looked at the guy with a blank expression, “Pardon me?”

The guy looked like he would punch Eric for being so slow, “May I have a bouquet of red roses, please?” He repeated his order, annoyed could be heard in his tone.

“Which one?”

The guy paused for a moment before replying, “The middle one will do.”

Eric nods and began to prepare the flowers, “any specific words do you want for the card?”

“No card, just the flower.” The guy shook his head and Eric nods, giving him the flower while the other guy giving him the money.

“Thank you for coming, please come again” He said and bowed slightly as the very first customer went away with a flower bouquet in hand.

***

As he drove back to his office, his mind couldn’t stop thinking about the very first customer in the morning. Even until night, before he went to sleep, the memory of a tall and slim guy with a brown coat was still playing in his mind. So that night, before going to sleep, he took some times for praying.

If we are destined for each other, please let me meet him again tomorrow. If we are not, please.. just please .. allow me to forget about him. 

 


a/n: The prologue is here.. The first chapter still need a bit finishing and should be updated soon, but I'm too sleepy and I can't even keep my eyes open.. So, well.. will update it once I've gotten my sleep.. 
I don't really know about flowers, florists and all.. >.< pardon me for the mistakes..
this is for now

with love, BubbleRuu