Bicycle

Sweet Paradise

#1

Title: Bicycle

Pairing: YoonSic 

Genre: Romance, Fluff

Summary: It all begins when Jessica meets a stranger who offers her a bicycle ride to school.

A/N: Just a little something that came into my mind while I was thinking about buying a new bicycle. xD YoonSic is a special pairing for me so I want the first oneshot to be about them.

 

*

 

It was a hectic Monday morning for Jessica. 

 

She clearly remembers setting her alarm clock the other night that is why she couldn't understand why she woke up at 7 am the next day. Her mother was on the verge of throwing her out of the house because no matter how late she was, Jessica never rushes herself and moves even slower than ever. Things got worse when she realized that she missed the public bus and she had no choice but to walk all the way to school.

 

Jessica was quietly walking along the streets of the neighbourhood when all of a sudden there came a shout from behind her. 

 

"HEY WATCH OU--" The sentence was never finished because before Jessica can even turn to look, a hard force slammed against her, sending her falling towards the ground with a harsh impact. 

 

Jessica whimpered in pain as she felt one of her knees hit the cemented pavement. She slowly sat up and caught a glimpse of the ugly bruise forming on her knee. She winced at the sight of it and before she could even yell at the person who had caused this unlucky happening to her, she felt an arm wrap around her waist and soon enough she was lifted off the ground. 

 

"Are you alright?" A  tall girl with long black hair asked. Her eyes were looking at Jessica pleadingly, as if she was already asking for her forgiveness. And then she saw Jessica's knee. "Oh my God! I'm so sorry! You got hurt because of me!"

 

"It's alright. I can handle it." Jessica said flatly. She didn't mean to sound so cold and harsh, but she wasn't having a good day and this girl was making it worse for her. She then took notice of the bicycle lying on the ground behind the girl and realized what it was that hit her so hard. She glared at the girl after picking up her bag from the ground. "I don't know if you're being careless, or you're just plain blind to have not seen me walking on this side of the street."

 

The girl frowned guiltily. "I'm really really sorry. There were a lot of things bothering my mind in that moment and I wasn't being aware of my surroundings. I'm really sorry." 

 

Jessica tried not to let out a scoff as she spoke. "The damage is done. What can your apology do to change anything?" 

 

The girl paused to think for a while before a smile appeared on her lips. She snapped her fingers and Jessica almost imagined a lightbulb appearing above the girl's head. "Oh I know! I'll give you a ride to school!" That sentence made Jessica realize that the two of them were wearing the same uniform which only means that they're attending the same school.

 

Jessica threw a disgusted glance at the bike. "You're kidding me right? Why on earth would I ride that thing when its the reason why I have this in the first place!" She pointed towards her wound and grimaced at the taller girl.

 

Nevertheless, the girl continued smiling at her and grabbed her arm. "Don't worry, I'll drive my bike more safely this time. Then when we get to school I'll take you to the clinic to get your wound cleaned." She started dragging a confused Jessica with her. At first Jessica didn't know why she was allowing this girl to pull her with her but as she came into her senses, she yanked her arm free from the stranger's grip and glared at her.

 

"No. I would never ride that thing with you." She spatted out, only to see hurt flash across the girl's eyes. 

 

"I'm sorry if I've made you upset. All I wanted was to help." The girl's shoulders dropped and she looked really offended with Jessica's harsh refusal. She turned around and picked her bicycle up before throwing a gentle smile towards Jessica. "Well then I'll see you some other time. I hope you won't get punished by your teacher once you arrive late at class." She hopped onto her bike and was about to leave, but was suddenly held back by Jessica who quickly latched onto her arm.

 

Jessica didn't want to do it, she had her pride, but it was better than kneeling outside the classroom with her arms raised up high. "Ugh, okay fine you win. Give me a ride."

 

The girl beamed a smile upon hearing her words and motioned her to hop in. Jessica hesitated at first but there was something about the stranger's smile that made her want to trust her. Jessica sat behind with her side pressing against the girl's back and her arms wrapped around the girl's waist. It was kind of awkward for her to holding onto someone whom she doesn't know but at least she won't arrive late at school today.

 

*

 

Classes were over and the students were finally able to go home. 

 

Jessica had just walked out of the front gate of the school with her friends. She suddenly paused in her tracks once she caught a sight of a familiar person who was getting her bike from the parking lot. It was odd for her to be reacting this way but there was something inside Jessica that made her feel as though she wanted to approach the girl.

 

Maybe I should thank her for giving me a ride earlier.

 

With that thought in mind, Jessica bid goodbye to her friends and started marching off to the direction of the girl. The closer she got to her, the more nervous she became. She didn't know why she was becoming so nervous in the first place. Her hands tightened their grip onto the straps of her bag and she in a deep breath the moment the girl turned around and faced her.

 

"Oh, it's you." The stranger flashed her another beautiful smile. "How are you doing? Is your knee okay?" She eyed Jessica's knee which was badly bruised. Her eyebrows merged together as she frowned. "You didn't go to the clinic today?"

 

Jessica was too busy staring at the girl's facial features that it took her a few seconds late in responding to the girl's question. Her cheeks went crimson red and she silently wished that the girl did not notice her looking. "Uhm, I washed it in the restroom earlier. It doesn't hurt much as it did this morning." 

 

"But still, you should've out band aid on it. It could get infected when it's open like that." The girl started rummaging through her bag and Jessica took this opportunity to stare at her again.

 

What on earth am I doing? I should stop this!

 

She looked away and forced her eyes on the ground. While muttering some curses to herself, Jessica facepalmed herself only to hear soft laughter. She looked up and saw the girl looking at her with a wide smile. 

 

"W-Why are you laughing?" All of a sudden Jessica was beginning to feel self conscious and she wondered if the girl knew what she was thinking about. 

 

The girl shook her head. "Nothing. I just.. I've never seen anyone this cute up close." Her words were like darts which pierced through Jessica's heart. She could feel her cheeks heating up again and for once Jessica wished she could bury her face into a pillow and scream her soul out. "Anyways, here's an extra band aid from me. Put it on your wound." 

 

"No, it's okay. I just came here to thank yo--" Jessica cut herself off when the girl suddenly sighed and bent down in front of her. She watched silently as the girl gently held her leg and placed the hello kitty band aid on her wound. Jessica hated the fact that her face kept on heating up during that moment. "T-Thanks." She managed to stutter out once the girl stood up and smiled at her kindly.

 

"You're welcome. It was my fault anyway. I hope you're not mad at me anymore." The girl exclaimed with a slight chuckle. She started fixing her stuff and unchained her bicycle, but then she noticed that Jessica's presence was still there and that the girl was staring at her. "Uhm, do you want a ride home?" 

 

Jessica hated herself. NO. Say no for goodness sake! You've been enough burden to her already.

 

"Well, if that's okay with you I guess..."

 

"Of course it's okay!" The girl remarked as she grabbed Jessica's hand and shook it firmly. "By the way, my name's Im Yoona. I'm very much pleased to meet a new friend." Her smile was absolutely dazzling, and now Jessica was sure that it was the reason why she was experiencing a weird flutter inside her chest. 

 

She nodded absent-mindedly, not knowing that this was just the beginning. 

 

"My name is Jessica Jung." 

 

*

 

Every morning since then, Jessica would wait out on the streets and then Yoona would come by and pick her up. They go to school together and go home together, thanks to the younger girl's useful bicycle. At first Jessica was anxious that she might be bothering the other girl too much but Yoona reassured her that it was nothing and that she was more than happy to have some company while going to school. 

 

At first, Jessica's real intention was the free ride that was being given to her. She doesn't need to ride the public bus anymore which lessens her spending money and she does not worry about travelling alone anymore. 

 

But as the days pass by and the more they spend time with each other, Jessica was beginning to feel attached. She can never deny the fact that Yoona was a fun person to be with because no matter what she does or says, she always manages to put a smile on Jessica's face. Every single day when she wakes up, she feels so eager to face the day because she knows that she'll be seeing Yoona's face first thing in the morning.

 

Unfortunately one day, Yoona did not pass by. 

 

Jessica stood on her usual spot and waited for twenty minutes, only to receive no sign of the other girl. She kept on waiting patiently, thinking that maybe Yoona just woke up a bit late. But it was almost past thirty minutes and yet Jessica was still standing their all alone. 

 

With a sigh and a heavy heart, Jessica started to walk ahead. She turned to look back with the hopes of seeing Yoona trying to catch up to her from behind. But still, there was no sign of the girl. Jessica began to worry but she shrugged it off, thinking that maybe she'd see Yoona that afternoon instead.

 

Finally after a few minutes of walking, Jessica had found herself standing outside their school gates. Just as she was about to enter, something had caught her eye. A smile quickly appeared on her face upon seeing Yoona and her familiar bicycle, but that smile wavered once she saw a girl riding behind her.

 

A girl with brown hair and a pair of crescent eyes was leaning against Yoona's back and had her arms wrapped around her waist. It was the exact same position that Jessica is on whenever she rides on the bicycle with Yoona. She didn't know why but she suddenly felt an unusual feeling inside her heart, the kind of feeling which made her feel angry and disappointed at the same time. 

 

Things only became worse as she witnessed Yoona flashing the girl her smile. It was the same kind of smile that Jessica receives from her. Jessica's hands balled into fists as she girl leaned forward and patted Yoona affectionately on the cheek before pulling her into an embrace.

 

That's when Jessica finally turned around and marched off.

 

I hate you. I hate you for making me feel this way. 

 

*

 

At the end of the day Jessica was still having a sour mood. 

 

She had several classes and most of them involved projects and quizzes, which added to Jessica's misery. She walked out of the school gates by herself that day and was hoping not to bump into-

 

"Hey Jessica!" 

 

Oh great. Just the person whom I wanted to see.

 

Yoona started walking towards her with a big smile on her face. It was the kind of smile which Jessica always likes to see because it makes her smile as well. But this time, she can't even bring herself to look at Yoona in the eye. She took a deep breathe and walked past Yoona, ignoring her greeting and the pain that she was feeling inside her heart. But she wasn't able to escape when Yoona's hand managed to grab her wrist. 

 

Jessica turned around and was greeted by Yoona's worried eyes.

 

"Hey, what's wrong? Why are you so grumpy today?" The frown on Jessica's face must have been obvious. Jessica unintentionally scowled and crossed her arms over her chest. Yoona's eyebrows raised at the unfamiliar attitude but she remained calm. "Jessica, is this about me not picking you up this morning?"

 

Jessica refused to speak and instead focused her eyes on the ground beneath her feet.

 

She heard the younger girl sigh. "Look, I'm sorry if I wasn't able to pick you up. I actually planned on telling you beforehand but I was too busy with some things that it flew out of my mind. It was never of my intention to leave you behind." Her voice was screaming out sincerity and she even grabbed one of Jessica's hands and squeezed it gently. "I'm sorry."

 

Jessica tried to ignore the fact that her heartbeat increased its pace once she felt Yoona's warm hand against her own. "Busy with what? With the girl that you were with this morning?" Her eyes widened upon realizing what she had just said. It was too late to take back the words which came out of . 

 

Yoona seemed to look lost for a moment before she finally understood what was being thrown at her. A loud chuckle escaped her lips but her laughter had seemed to agitate the older girl even more. 

 

"Oh Sica." Yoona facepalmed herself. "So is that the reason why you're acting so cold and snobby right now? I can't believe you're jealous of my cousin." 

 

Jessica's eyes went wide with bewilderment. "WHAT? I AM NOT JEALO-- wait, did you just say cousin?" 

 

Yoona nodded with a huge grin plastered on her face. "Yeah, she's my cousin who just arrived from the States last night. She asked me to take her to school with me, that's why I wasn't able to pick you up this morning." After hearing that explanation, Jessica's cheeks became flustered and she suddenly felt all guilty. 

 

"O-Oh." It was all that Jessica had managed to say.

 

The younger girl laughed again as she casually pulled Jessica into an embrace. They grew so close and have been spending a lot of weeks together, but Jessica still couldn't stop the fluttering inside her chest whenever she gets this close to Yoona. She gingerly wrapped her arms around Yoona's waist and buried her face into the taller girl's shoulder. 

 

"You jealous freak." Yoona whispered teasingly. "I'd never replace you. You'd always be the only girl that I'd be willing and wanting to pick up with my bicycle. And I'm also sorry that I didn't tell you about it beforehand. I hope you're not mad at me anymore." She felt Jessica's arms tightening around her and that fact alone made her smile.

 

Jessica chuckled softly while inhaling the fragrant scent of Yoona's hair. "Don't worry, you were right. I was never mad, just a little bit jealous." She pulled away to smile at the younger girl. Yoona smiled as well and tucked some of Jessica's hair behind her ear. 

 

Damn it Im Yoona. I think I like you.

 

*

 

The next day, Jessica woke up earlier. She felt so happy that she got out of bed early and even her mother wasn't so sure if she was really her daughter. After eating breakfast and changing into her uniform, Jessica stepped out of their house. Her mind was filled with the thoughts of a certain doe-eyed girl and knowing that they'll be seeing each other later made her happy.

 

But as she went out into the streets, she was welcomed by an unexpected sight.

 

"Hey you." Yoona was standing beside two bicycles. One was hers, and the other one was a pink one with a bunch of balloons tied on one of its handles. "I know I messed up yesterday, but I want to make it up to you by presenting this little gift."

 

Jessica was in a state of shock and she refused to move from her position. Yoona started to approach her and once they were standing in front of each other face-to-face, Yoona had suddenly grabbed a single rose from behind her and handed it towards Jessica.

 

"I know we've just met, but I wanted you to know about my feelings." Jessica's heart quickened its pace upon hearing her words. Yoona smiled shyly and scratched the back of her head. "This is kind of cheesy so I'll cut it short. Jessica Jung, I want you to know that you'll be the only girl that I'd want to be with every single day of my life starting now."

 

Jessica looked into Yoona's eyes as she grabbed Jessica's hand and placed it over her chest. She could feel Yoona's heart beating in a fast pace, just like her own. 

 

"I like you a lot. And from now on I want you to ride a bicycle with me. The only difference now is that I want us to be a couple."

 

Yoona pointed a finger at Jessica, "You."

 

And then she pointed one directly towards herself. "And me."

 

Jessica could feel her heart bursting out with so much happiness. A smile slowly spread throughout her lips and soon enough she tackled Yoona into a tight embrace. Loud laughter filled the entire neighborhood. 

 

"You cheeseball." Jessica giggles softly as she playfully pinches Yoona's nose. "But my answer is yes. I'll be with you everyday, even if I have to learn how to ride a bike." 

 

"Don't worry, I'll teach how step by step." Yoona reassured. "But I have to inform you that each step has an equivalent kiss." It was supposed to be a joke, but the serious look on Jessica's face said otherwise.

 

The older girl smirked and suddenly leaned closer towards Yoona's face. As she spoke her breath tickled Yoona's lips and it made her heart beat ten times faster. 

 

"Should I give one kiss now?" 

 

*

 

A/N: First one shot is DONE! I hope you guys like this one, even though it's not perfect. I personally think that this bit is somewhat lame and cheesy, but I hope you guys enjoyed reading it anyway. lol. 

Any requests?