Going ahead and coming back

Going ahead and coming back
 
"I was thinking... what if we go and eat out on the weekend?", Hyukjae asks during the first break of that day.
 
Super Junior members were scattered on the floor of the SM practice room, whining and complaining because Miracle was really too much for people of their age. The new Christmas concert is just some weeks away, and they need to work extra hard to create something new and great and fantastic.
 
Donghae is resting in a corner of the room, stretching his numb legs. He sighs and hasn't even the courage to meet Hyukjae's expectant eyes. So he just averts his gaze and shakes his head. "I'mgoingtonewyork", he mumbles, pretending to be particularly interested into Shindong and Sungmin's fight over the last sandwich Ryeowook had prepared..
 
"What?"
 
"I'm...I'm going to New York", he repeats and the hurt he sees in Hyukjae's eyes triggers in him a sudden need to bang his own head against the closest wall.
 
Probably he should have told him earlier.
 
"New York? Why do you have to go there?", Hyukjae asks, worried.
"Uhm...I need a break...and then, there's also a photographer who wants to meet me, so I thought to grab this chance.."
"Now? Donghae, it's Christmas! And why the hell didn't you tell me? I could have...come with you or something..."
It's a moment, really. Hyukjae sees the other tensing up at his words and he suddenly understands.
 
Donghae doesn't want him to go. 
 
He feels a strange pang in his chest, because well..Donghae is running away. From him, from their job, from his life.
He opens his mouth to say something along the lines of you're an idiot, you should talk to me if something's wrong, you don't have to run away, but he changes his mind. It's useless, because Donghae is stubborn. So he just turns around and gather everybody to start again with their practice.
 
 
 
Donghae disappears behind the gates of the Incheon airport in the early hours of a cold December morning, leaving behind a lover who doesn't know anymore what to do to fix their relationship. Because there's something wrong between them, and Hyukjae thinks, thinks, and thinks again, but it's impossible for him to catch the reason for the recent difficulties in their relationship.
 
After coming back from London, Donghae had changed: no more sweet words, no more loving glances, neither cute whines because they don't spend enough time together. His boyfriend had slowly become colder, or at least, less attached to him. And usually they were attached to the hips. Their relationship has always been the main source of comedy for the Super Junior members. 
And even though Hyukjae had told him go and have fun, don't think about anything and enjoy your holiday, the exact moment Donghae leaves, he can't help but feeling upset because, come on! What lover leaves during Christmas? 
 
And his bad mood gets only worse when he understands that with Donghae gone, all the choreographies for the upcoming Christmas concert won't be perfect during rehearsals, so when Donghae comes back he'll have to work as a crazy man. And this means no time for them. This means bearing that awful awkwardness. And the only idea makes him want to scream because, really, he can't take that situation anymore. 
 
 
•••
 
 
Heechul finds Hyukjae in the practice room of the SM Building, completely soaked in his sweat, trying to take all those negative feelings out. He needs an outlet and dancing is the only thing left that doesn't need any thinking. Music just gets into his body and tells him what to do, how to move, what muscles and bones to activate. 
He stops only when he sees Heechul glaring at him.
 
"Hyung! Do you need anything?", he asks, panting. 
"No, but you need to stop. You've been dancing for hours, you crazy monkey! What? You want to die of exhaustion?"
"I'm not going to die", he laughs and lets his body slide along the big mirror of the dance practice. "I just need a bit of relax".
"And you call this relax?", Heechul exclaims, finding hard to believe that any physical activity involving sweat without a bedroom could bring some sort of relax.
"Yes, hyung, I call this relax", he answers with a small smile. "And I'd like to continue, so if you don't need anything-"
 
Heechul rolls his eyes and walks across the room to grab Hyukjae by his arm and force him to change his clothes. "It's late", he states firmly. "We're going home. I don't give a damn if you're all depressed over Donghae going to New York, but you're not staying here to..destroy yourself. So take your things and let's go".
 
Hyukjae considers screaming and protesting because, really, dancing is his only outlet right now, but he can say that Heechul is really worried for him, so he follows his Hyung without too much complains. And lately Heechul had been the only person he could really lean on. Yongwoon isn't really helpful considering that he still hasn't forgiven himself for his past mistakes, and Jungsu wasn't really there to tell him what to do. And fans see him as a leader, but at the end of the day, Hyukjae is still one of the youngest in the group and it's not always easy to take decisions for and on the behalf of the whole team. Heechul is a valid support even if he doesn't like to show it, and Hyukjae is thankful. 
 
They arrive home and find a silent and dark dormitory, everybody was probably already sleeping considering that the following day practices were to start really early in the morning. 
 
" Donghae called me this morning-"
Hyukjae's flow of thoughts comes to a halt as soon as he listens to those words. "Donghae called you?"
Heechul nods, confused. "Yes, he said he's having fun...didn't he call you today?"
"He didn't call me at all". His answser is a bit more cutting and bitter than he wanted, but he can't help feeling angry. Because his boyfriend seems not to consider him worthy enough of a call, after three days of silence. 
 
"Oh", taken aback, Heechul just stays silent. "Is...everything all right? I mean, did you fight, or anything?"
"No", Hyukjae mumbles, feeling suddenly extremely tired. He sits on the sofa of their dining room and sighs. "We didn't fight. We can't fight if we don't talk. And we don't talk, Hyung. I don't know what I did wrong, but since we came back from London he behaved like this. He's always busy, he has always someone to meet, and I understand it, really. But I've been way much busier than him and I've always found time for him. And...I don't know, it's like he doesn't give a about our relation anymore...". He has to stop and breathe because he feels tears coming and he honestly doesn't want to humiliate himself that much. 
 
He suddenly feels a hand on his shoulder and Heechul sighing next to him. "Donghae has been weird with everybody lately. Maybe he's just stressed. But, Hyukjae, do you want to fix your relationship? Do you want to stay with him? Because it would be understandable if you wanted-"
 
"Hyung, in these years I've made many mistakes. I took too many things, too many people, for granted, and Donghae is one of them. I've never felt like this for anyone, and when we broke up last summer, it was one of the worst periods of my life, I swear. So yeah, I want to fix things. I want to stay with him. But I need his help".
He finally breaks in tears when he says I need him to want me too. 
 
 
All his hopes scatter the next day, when every Portal News report that Super Junior's Donghae has been spotted in New York with a girl. 
Hyukjae throws his mobile phone on his bed and thinks that maybe he doesn't want to fix things anymore. 
 
 
•••
 
 
New York is cold in December. Breaths become white condensed air, Donghae's red cheeks seem even redder on his white skin. He's strangely happy and relieved: those days away from the madness of South Korea are exactly what he needs.
He's in front of his hotel when his mobile phone starts to ring. He stops and furrows his eyebrows when he reads the name of the person calling.
 
"Hello? Heechul Hyung?"
 
"You idiot, what are you doing? Who are you with? COME BACK HOME RIGHT NOW!" 
 
He blinks his eyes, confused, a couple of times before actually understanding what and whyHeechul is yelling at  him. 
"Hyung, calm down!", he exclaims, a bit annoyed, because the other is still screaming some profanities. "What's going on? Why should I come back?"
 
"Donghae, have you checked Naver this morning?"
"Why should I have? I'm on holiday, Hyung, I don't want to know-"
"Everywhere says that you're there with you girlfriend!", Heechul exclaims and this time Donghae widens his eyes because, really, that was the last thing he needs. 
"What? Why! I'm alone here, there's no girl!"
 
He hears Heechul sighing, and he's sure that his hyung is pacing back and forth. "Donghae, listen. People are saying that you're with this Haru girl, but ok. I believe you, if you tell me you're alone-"
"Well, thank you", he replies sarcastically, kicking an empty can of beer. 
"BUT", Heechul goes on with a strange urgency in his voice. "There's someone having a bit of a trouble believing that you're totally innocent, considering that lately you've been an to him. What were you thinking, anyway? You haven't called Hyukjae since you left, are you crazy? That guy is seriously pissed, I'm telling you!"
 
Heechul rambles, but Donghae stops listening the moment Hyukjae is mentioned. He knows Hyukjae enough, he doesn't need Heechul to tell him that his boyfriend is probably ready to kill someone. Surely he's not coping well with those news and the only thought to hurt him more than he already did, kills him inside. Because hurting Hyukjae is really the last thing he wants.
 
"Hyung, is Hyukjae with you?", he interrupts Heechul, anxiety evident in his voice.
"He's not with me, he went out early this morning".
"Tell him it's not true! Tell him these are all lies, that I'm alone!", he almost starts to cry and then he remembers that he's still outside, that fans may be around and he rushes into the hotel.
"I did! Well, we talked a bit last night and he was...down because you never called him. And this morning wasn't better of course."
"What does it mean? Does he...want to break up?"
 
Heechul doesn't answer immediately and he starts to be afraid. "I don't know. I mean, yesterday he was telling me that he wanted to fix things with you, because you're really important..but this morning...Donghae, he's mad. I think you should come back.
"I can't!", he exclaims as he opens the door of his room. "I have to meet a photographer tomorrow and..."
 
Heechul says him ok don't worry, I'll do something. 
What Heechul doesn't say is that he never saw Hyukjae that mad in ten years. 
What he doesn't say is that Hyukjae already told him that he wants to break up with Donghae.
 
 
•••
 
 
Everything starts a couple of days after they came back from London. Or maybe everything starts when they still were in London. 
The British City is a smokey and foggy dream, made of happy memories  and of a life that would never belong to him. Because London is normality. London is taking Hyukjae's hand in the middle of the streets, kissing him in a pub without worrying of paparazzi and fans, going clubbing with his lover without thinking about choreographies but just for the sake of dancing.
The idea of shooting Donghae&Eunhyuk's new music video in England has been a right decision: it had allowed to the two of them to break a bit from the hectic schedule of South Korea, and they madly needed it. Hyukjae is always too worried about his lack of schedules, Donghae is always too worried about nothing and everything. And their relationship had gone through too many ups and downs the previous year, with the two of them breaking up, Hyukjae seeking comfort in JiEun, the scandal and all what came after that. It's like a holiday even if they're working and Donghae is happy.
 
Problems start when they go back to Korea. During the flight, their manager receives a call: Hyuk's twitter has been hacked again, there are pictures of some rookies. 
Hyukjae stays calm because, again, it's not his fault. He jokes and says that Twitter is going to be the end of him sooner or later, that he should seriously start an Instagram account.
 
The thing is Donghae is tired. Because every single ing time everything seems to be all right, some happens, and he just can't take it anymore. He starts to get angry to the whole world, he avoids the members, he spends his time with Peter and Chance, workin on the new album, he unwillingly shuts Hyukjae out because he's part of that madness too. Even if Hyukjae should be his anchor, even if Hyukjae should be the shoulder he leans on, even if Hyukjae is going through a lot, he seems unable to stay with him.
And when his manager tells him that an American photographer wants to meet him, he grabs the occasion and goes to New York alone. He hadn't expected Hyukjae's decision to take him to the airport. That was just an other proof of his boyfriend's immense heart and affection toward him. And even if Donghae knew that Hyukjae wanted just for him not to go anywhere, he pretends not to see the please don't go hidden in Hyukjae's sad smile.
And all what Heechul said - Hyukjae being angry, Hyukjae being worried, Hyukjae being so...not Hyukjae- is just his fault and he only wants to fix everything. Because that week in New York helped him to understand that staying away from his partner is probably the worst decision he took after his Twin's hairstyle.
 
 
Donghae comes back on a cold and cloudy december morning, a couple of days before Christmas. Someway he welcomes the familiarity of his fans waiting for him, his manager leading him toward a black van and talking no-stop about his schedule.
"We're going to the company. Sungmin brought you some clothes for practice and you can swear you have to work your off. And in the following days you have to meet a producer, he wants to talk about a movie. Siwon came up with an idea for your solo, but I'm not sure it's that good, he said he wants to show his love for the fans in a rather strange way. And you have to practice the new song with Hyukjae. He made a lot of changes, I tell you. Be careful when talking to him becuase he's been quite nervous lately. And we took care of that story about the girl with you in New York, don't worry..."
His manager keeps on rambling, but Donghae doesn't bother listen too much. He knows he'll have to struggle to keep up with the others, but that was nothing new. His only problem is how to deal with Hyukjae, because a little mistake could be the end of everything.
 
At the company he meets some EXO's members: he hugs Yixing and Se Hun, telling them to work hard and they say that "Happiness" is going to be epic on stage.
He reaches the practice room and finds Siwon, Sungmin and Kyuhyun chatting about something particularly funny, seen the way they laugh.
Kyuhyun is the first to spot him. "Hyuuuung!", he exclaims and crashes him in a bear hug. He laughs and hugs the others, because he had truly missed the members during his trip.
 
"We had to practice the Chinese songs but ZhouMi is stucked into the traffic", Sungmin whines. "Anyway, your clothes are there", he points to a corner of the room. "Go change. We'll start as soon as possible". He chats a bit with them before heading toward the changing room, pretending not to see the worried gaze of Kyuhyun. 
He hasn't asked anything about Hyukjae, because he doesn't like to let the members know when there are problems between them. But the way Kyuhyun looks at him, lets him know that maybe they already know something.
 
When he goes back to the practice room, everybody but Hyukjae is already there and when Sungmin prompts them to start, he can't help but ask where his boyfriend is.
"With Shindong Hyung", Henry replies. "They're working on their ballads for the concert. And they have a looooot of work to do, Hyung."
 
Donghae nods and goes back to practice. There's nothing really new, it's always the same routine, so his body follows the music automatically. He enjoys dancing as much as he can, and when they inevitably end up joking and teasing each other, Donghae know that rehearsals for that morning come to an end. They all decide to take an hour break, and he uses that time to head to the recording studio where Hyukjae and Donghee are practicing. He takes a deep breath before entering in the small room: everything's gonna be alright, he says to himself. You'll talk everything out and you won't be awkward anymore. 
 
But things don't go the way he predicts. 
He's greeted by the warm hugs of some SM managers and technicians. And there, behind a wall of glass - so close and so far - Hyukjae is singing his heart out. He has his eyes closed and Donghae can see that he's trying hard by the way his eyes are surrounded by cute, little wrinkles. Hyukjae opens his eyes only when the music ends and someone tell him that he did a good job. He doesn't acknowledge Donghae's presence and decides that staying behind a wall of glass is far more interesting than meeting his boyfriend. Seen the tense atmosphere, the other people in studio leave and as soon as they are alone, Donghae presses the button to let Hyukjae listen to him. 
"Can we talk?", he asks softly. Hyukjae doesn't lift his eyes from the lyrics of his song and just replies with a cold and icy no
Donghae sighs and drops his gaze because he can see it now: Hyukjae is mad and is hurt and is finally taking it all out.
"Hyukjae, please-"
"I have work to do now. You're not at the centre of the world, we'll talk some time later. You weren't that eager to talk to me till a week ago. Now, please, leave me alone".
 
It's like a slap in the face, because never, never, Hyukjae refused to talk to him. Even when they had broken up, last year, they had managed to be civil at each other. He mumbles a slurred see you before leaving the room, and only when he closes the door behind his back, he allows himself to sniff a bit. He is an idiot, he ruined everything and now he has definitely to think about a way to fix their relationship, because there's no way he is going to lose Hyukjae.
 
 
•••
 
 
Days pass really fast. Despite their personal drama, they're still idols, they still have to work, they still have a concert to practice for. So they put up with their problems and work like mad-men. Donghae and Hyukjae meet each other often: they need to practice the choreography for their new song and even if sometimes Donghae wants to rip the hand of the female dancer off Hyukjae, he just stays silent and works because he knows that his boyfriend - can he still call him like this? - is on the verge of a mental breakdown. 
 
Despite everything, Donghae is almost happy: he found again the joy and enthusiasm for performing, and he loves all the crazy stages they're going to do for their concert. He can't wait to see the way fans will react to Siwon and his...display of love. Heechul says they're crazy and that's the time they're going to be kicked out from SM, but Donghae just shakes his head and tells his Hyung not to worry. "We'll have fun, the fans will have fun, the company will have its money. Nobody will be fired".
 
 
First day of concert comes. 
They all pretend not to see that there aren't as many fans as usual. "It's because we didn't comeback this year", Sungmin says rationally. Their fears are erased the moment they step on the stage. The venue is definitely filled, their fans scream their names and enjoy the performances. He puts up with Hyukjae ignoring him for the whole concert, and he stays on the sides when he plays with all the members but him. He can't help the feel of jealousy when his boyfriend is all over Heechul and Siwon. They sing and dance along the notes of "Still You", but there's something wrong with the way they don't look at each other, with the way they dance a song written by Donghae himself for them. It's a song about their struggle, about what they went through, about the awful period of their break-up. And he really doesn't know why the hell he agreed to create that choreography. 
Donghae watches Hyukjae's performance with Shindong from the backstage, and he finds himself smiling bitterly when he listens to the ballad. Hyukjae hasn't the best voice ever, but he loves it and listening to him singing is always heart-warming.
Fans go crazy for their funniest performance, and some of them cry when they step on the stage with yellow jackets and white trousers to dance "Miracle". Donghae feels a little overwhelmed because it's a happy moment to recall what they were back when they had just debuted: young guys struggling for a future that seemed to be always darker and darker.
 
At the end of the concert, when he's back in the dorm, ready to sleep in Heechul's bed, he checks his SNS to see fans' reaction and he's not really surprised when everybody start to speculate that Hyukjae and him had a fight. 
 
They never looked at each other. Donghae was really down. Hyukjae was sooooo angry for some reason. I didn't like "Still You", they were awkward. 
 
He sighs in the darkness of the room, because if even fans had perceived the thick and tense air around them, maybe the situation is really worse than he had initially thought. Then he remembers that Hyukjae is just a few rooms aways, and that everything is possible of he just puts a little effort. 
It's two in the morning, but whatever, he thinks.  He gets up from his bed and head toward Hyukjae's room.
 
We're going to talk, whether he likes it or not. 
 
 
•••
 
 
Donghae peaks inside the room, before stepping in and closing the door behind his back. He can say Hyukjae isn't sleeping because he's too still in his bed. He approaches him slowly, thinking about the best words to say, browsing for the right way to obtain his forgiveness. 
He's ready to beg, if he needs to.
 
"Donghae, it's 2 in the morning. Go back to sleep, we have a concert tomorrow".
Hyukjae's voice is soft and exhausted, his eyes are still closed, but Donghae doesn't care. He wants to have his boyfriend back and he knows that if they don't fix things now, maybe there won't be anything to fix in the future.
"We need to talk", he answers, sitting on the floor, his head propped on the edge of the bed.
 
An offended and incredulous scoff is the only answer he gets. "Now? Of all the time you had, you want to talk now? Don't be ridiculous and go to sleep, we have a concert tomorrow and-"
"Hyuk, with all the due respect", he blocks him, before he can go on, "I don't give a about the concert right now".
"Well, I do. And I want to do well tomorrow, so if you don't want to sleep, let me do it".
Luckily or not, Donghae is a stubborn person. "You'll sleep later. Hyukjae, we have to talk. This...situation is not good and I hate it. I just want to go back to when everything was all right, i know we can do it. But we need to clarify-"
 
Donghae stops when Hyukjae abruptly sits on his bed and glares at him. "Don't. Don't even try to say that you want or don't want something or I might punch the daylights out of you. The past month you've been treating me like for some hidden reason you only know, so don't even try to demand something".
"I'm sorry, I-"
"You're sorry?", Hyukjae hisses, annoyed. "I'm not interested in your apologies. I'm not interested in anything about you actually. So leave me the alone and get the hell out of here!", he finally explodes, pointing at his door.
 
Donghae widens his eyes as soon as those words leaves the latter mouth, and he's really tempted to get out and not to talk to him ever again. But then he remembers Hyukjae's worried gaze, his hurt expression at the airport, the way they laughed and held hand in London, and he knows that Hyukjae is only saying those things because he's angry and upset. So he looks at the panting figure of his boyfriend and lets him scream, insult him, let out all the pain and the anger he feels. And when finally Hyukjae concludes with a you sorry excuse of a selfish human being, Donghae just looks at him and nods. 
"Can we talk now?", he asks, not bothered neither worried and when Hyukjae doesn't answer, he takes that as a yes. 
He's just opened his mouth when the door is slammed open and a sleepy - and very annoyed - Sungmin barges in, hands crossed and eyes ready to kill. "Listen, you two. I'm happy you want to talk things out, but try not to scream at 2 in the ing morning!", he hisses and it's in those moments that Donghae actually wonders how fans can say Sungmin is cute and fluffy. "If I have to come back here, I'll bring my nunchucks with me, I'm telling you!"
 
As soon as Sungmin disappears behind the closed door, Donghae turns his attention to Hyukjae and glares at him. "You see what you did? Now Hyung is angry". 
 
"Donghae". 
 
He recognizes the warning in Hyukjae's voice and ok, he tells to himself, it's time to talk. 
He tells him about London, about how he felt when they came back. He tells him that New York was his way to cope with things. He apologizes for the way he treated him, and explains that he reacted badly only because he wants a life, the eternity with him. Hyukjae's eyes soften a bit and he doesn't retract his hand when Donghae grabs it.
"I was so angry...at myself, at you, at people...I just want to have a normal life and London was the best thing happened lately. And then we come back and we have to deal with scandals again, because people seem to love giving you troubles and...I just snapped. I'm sorry I was a jerk, I should have told you everything from the start..."
Hyukjae doesn't look at him, his gaze fixed on on the ceiling. "What about the girl? Who was she?"
 
"Girl? What girl?", Donghae asks, confused. 
"The one in New York with you!", Hyukjae answers with a scoff and Donghae hits him on his shoulder, because even if Hyukjae is mad at him, he's still Donghae and hitting Hyukjae was his most precious hobby. 
"There was no girl, you idiot! How could you believe something like that? All right, I am a jerk, but I'm not that bad". 
"What was I supposed to think?", the dancer exclaims, angry. "You've been strange and distant for this whole month!"
"You thought...I was seeing someone else?"
"It was the only explanation I could find", Hyukjae answers softly and Donghae sees and hears the hurt in his voice, in his eyes. 
"Hyuk, I'm sorry, I wouldn't...never...You know..." 
 
This isn't right, Donghae thinks. This isn't how things should be. There shouldn't be lack of trust, hurt and pain in their voices. They should be happy, because they have it all: the success, the money, family, friends, love. They are not normal people, he finally understands, and he shouldn't hope to live as a normal person, not for the time being at least. 
He throws a glance at Hyukjae and finds him still busy staring at the ceiling. 
 
"I know you don't want me to say this, and I know that I'm not going to fix anything like this but...I need to say it", Donghae starts and he forces Hyukjae to look at him. "I'm sorry", he says, serious. "I am deeply sorry. For hurting you, for going away, for having risked ruining all what we have. I acted like a spoiled child, and I took all my anger on you. It was a mistake. I am really sorry, but I swear, Hyuk. It all happened because I wanted you too much and not because I wanted someone else. You are the only one. You are my closest friend, you've been with me in my hardest times and...even if sometimes I don't show it too much, all this...our relationship matters. You matter. And I want to fix things with you and be happy again". 
 
Hyukjae doesn't answer, he just sighs and lowers his head a bit. Donghae can see the struggle, the want to forgive him and his pride fighting for dominance.
"You can't do this anymore", Hyukjae utters softly. "You...can't ignore me and ran away because you're pissed. You have to talk to me when you have a problem, and we'll sort it out together".
Donghae grabs his hand and nods, a little smile on his face. "I couldn't understand what I had done wrong", Hyukjae continues and the waver in his voice is a hint to understand that he's holding his tears back. "I...thought you didn't want me anymore", he mumbles and Donghae shakes his head furiously because, really. He couldn't wish for anything or anyone more than him.
 
"I'm sorry..."
"Stop saying sorry".
 
There's a comfortable silence in the room, only broken by their breath. They're sitting on Hyukjae's bed, hands intertwined, and limbs entangled. Donghae leans his head on Hyukjae's shoulder and he can't help a smile when he feels a pair of lips brushing his temple.
 
"Hyuk?"
 
"Mmh".
 
"Are you still mad?"
 
"Do you want a honest answer?"
 
Donghae nods a bit and Hyukjae blurts a blunt yes. "Of course I'm still angry. And I'll probably be angry for some time. Just hope you brought me a present decent enough to make it up to me".
 
He laughs out loud and lies down on Hyukjae's bed, dragging the other with him. "I'm sleeping here", Donghae declares, and even if Hyukjae pretends to be annoyed, he doesn't miss the small smile on the latter's lips.
 
 
•••
 
 
They wake up to a yelling Sungmin bursting into Hyukjae's room to tell them that they are awfully late. Hyukjae jerks awake, throws Donghae off his bed and starts rushing around the room to find something to wear for the rehearsals. He insults Donghae a couple of times when he sees that the latter is just staring at him dumbly, blinking his still sleepy eyes. 
 
He's in front of his wardrobe looking for a scarf, when he feels a pair of strong arms around his waist and thin lips lingering on his neck. He indulges to Donghae's touches for some instants before turning around, pecking him on his lips, and then he disappear in the bathroom.
 
Donghae yawns and smiles, happy that things are going back to normal.
 
 
∙∙∙
 
 
Later that night, after the concert and the after-party, Donghae checks his SNSs to monitor the reaction of their fans. He can't help a smile when he reads the comment about him and Hyukjae.
 
They are so cute. Hyukjae-Oppa is so whipped. 
 
He snuggles against Hyukjae's chest and pecks his boyfriend's collarbone. It takes him alomost a minute of flying kisses and pecks before he feels an arm wrapping around his waist.
"Donghae, sleep or I'm throwing you out. I'm tired", Hyukjae whines and he chuckles and nods.
 
They are together and he couldn't be any happier.
 
 
"Hyukjae?"
 
"Uhm?"
 
"I love you"
 
"..."
 
There's a sigh and then Hyukjae climbs on top of Donghae. He leans down to kiss him, but he stops when their lips are almost touching.
"You didn't bring me any present from New York, did you?"
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
So...hello (?)
Yep, this is my first time writing EunHae, and I'm still not that confident with what came out but...I wanted to write and I just tried :) 
I hope you like it :D 
Oh and yes. English isn't my first language, so I apologize if there were to be any mistskes :) 
 
P.S. Happy birthday, Kyuhyun ~