Chapter 1: First rejection

Lost in Your Eyes

I was just walking into school. I sat between JR and Ren. They were both my best friends, along with Baekho and Minhyun. I was officially known as the Bad Boy. I heard some girls swoon as I entered, but I rolled my eyes. "Aron, this is the second day in a row that you're late. What do you have to say for yourself?" the teacher asked. I sat down at my seat and looked up at him with a smile.

"Well, I'm so disappointed in myself.... Why wasn't I late two days ago?" I said confidently, earning some snickers and giggles from the class. The teacher rolled his eyes and continued teaching. I got so bored, so I started listening to my music on my phone and doodling in my notebook. I did that until I felt a soft punch on my arm. I looked over to Ren and took out my earphones. "May I help you, Ren?" I asked arrogantly.

"Class is over, Aron. Time for lunch," he said, picking up his book and putting them in his bag. Ah, lunch. My favorite time of day. I walked down with my friends to lunch and I sat down next to Baekho and JR. I wolfed down my chicken, and I looked up at my friends staring at me. "Aron, you eat so fast...." Minhyun said. I lifted up my head and looked at him with wide-eyes.

"Umm, yeah, I guess. I get hungry when I'm bored," I told him after I swallowed my food. I let my eyes started to wander around the lunchroom, and something caught my eye. A cute girl sitting alone. Aww, how sad. Why don't I go sit with her? "Guys, look at that girl over there. She must be lonely. See ya," I told them, picking up my lunch and going over to her table. I sat across from her and looked at her. "Annyeonghaseyo!" I said happily. She glanced up at me and quickly looked back down at her food and started eating.

"Hi," she said quietly and simply. I snapped my fingers in front of her face, so she looked up.

"Hi, I'm Aron Kwak. What's your name?" I asked. She looked down at her food again.

"Please leave me alone...." she said quietly. My mouth opened wide.

"Do you know who I am?" I asked in surprise.

"Aron Kwak. You told me. Now please go away," she answered, staring at her food. I gave her a smile. How cute. She's playing dumb.

"Yeah, but what else?" I asked. She looked up and her eyes were so beautiful. Not that I actually cared. I just noticed....

"If you don't stop harassing me-"

"What?! Are you kidding?! I just wanted to talk to you!" I said. "Fine, I'll leave!" I said, picking up my lunch and going back to my table. Ren, Baekho, and Minhyun giggled and JR facepalmed. "What are you people laughing about?" I asked as I sat down.

"That was so bad, chingu. You need help," JR replied, so I immediately punched him in the arm as hard as I could. "OW! What the heck?! That HURT, Aron!"

"Ren, Baekho, and Minhyun! If you don't stop giggling like fangirls, I will rip off all three of guys' hands and feed them to my dog!" I yelled at them. They stopped giggling.

"What? Rejection gone to your head?" Ren asked. "Aron, it wasn't that bad." I pushed my lunch forward and put my head down on the table with my arms as a pillow.

"That was soooo embarassing. I can't believe that happened," I said quietly. The fact was, I actually thought she was cute.

My next class, I saw her again. I sat next to her. Be nice, Aron. Be nice, Aron. Be nice, Aron. "Hi. My name is Aron," I said quietly. She looked up shyly.

"I know. You told me," she answered. I smiled.

"What's your name?" I asked sweetly. She smiled a little.

"I'm Heather Doko. I'm sorry. I'm Korean-American. I'm terrible at Korean...." she replied quietly. Omo! She's foreign! AND SHE'S AMERICAN!

"Sounds like it. I'm American, too," I said in English.

"Aron and Heather!! Pay attention!" the annoying teacher yelled. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't talk to me! You'll get me in trouble!" she yell-whispered in my ear. In English, so I felt really happy inside. After class, I went over to her, but she rolled her eyes. "When I told you not to talk to me, I meant completely."

I had been rejected for the first and second time in the same day, by the same girl. I was broken inside, if I hadn't already melted from her beauty......

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you liked the first chapter! Yay I have a Nu'est story!