Manic Panic’s Pretty Flamingo

Dyeing Me Crazy

A/N: I have used this dye before and I got great results, so I decided to use this color. I also am 99.9% sure that this is the dye that Key used in One Fine Day when he dyed his own hair, so that sealed it for me ^^

 

Key opened the jar of hair dye and giggled.

“It looks like bubblegum! I don’t think I’ll try it though~” he stated, putting on the gloves and looking at the jar a bit more. “Maybe even cotton candy. Makes me hungry for sweets. I could go for some cotton candy right now. Or some bubblegum.”

“Key! Focus!” you laugh, slapping his arm lightly. “The bleaching took long enough, I don’t want this to take any longer. Just toss it in already!” 

“Fine, fine, I’m starting.” he parted your hair and begin to put in the dye. Every so often he would giggle, and you wondered what was so funny.

“What’s so funny?”

“Its like I’m putting bubblegum in your hair. It’s not sticky, but it’s the color.” he laughed a bit more, adding the dye to the tips of your hair. 

“Really, Key? How mature are you?”

“Not mature.” he replied instantly.

You rolled your eyes and pulled out your iPhone and snapped a photo of Key when he wasn’t paying attention. You giggled at his expression since he was deep in concentration. He always wanted to make you look your best, so he didn’t want to miss a single spot. You posted the photo on your Instagram and giggled at the caption you had used.

 

@sunnyskies key is dyeing my hair~~ (=^·^=) ㅋㅋㅋ isn’t his expression priceless? i think so! @bumkeyk

 

“What are you laughing about, babe?” Key asked from behind you. You shook your head and shut off your iPhone so he couldn’t see. Putting it inside your jeans pocket, you replied nonchalantly.

“Nothing, just remembered something funny. You know how ditzy I can be at times.” you smiled to yourself. Key rolled his eyes at you and put your hair in the bath cap, removing his gloves once the mission was complete.

“There, done. Now we have to wait for about an hour or whatever and you can wash it out.” he instructed you.

“Or whatever?” you questioned. Key nodded in your direction as he began to clean the bathroom.

“Yeah, you can leave it in as long as you like, but I think an hour will be more than enough for you.” he smirked. Suddenly his iPhone chimed with an alert. You giggled softly because you knew exactly what it was. He typed his passcode in and opened the notification, then gasped in horror.

“Oh my god! Did you really just do that when I wasn’t looking? I look hideous!” he laughed. “Your half of the photo looks cute, but then I look ugly and ruin the rest of it-yah!”

You snapped another photo of your boyfriend, laughing at how you watch him mid-scream. His eyes were wide and his mouth was wide open; he looked horrifying to say the least. You raised your eyebrow and smirked at him.

“Should I post it?”

“Don’t you dare!”

“Why shouldn’t I, then?” you held the phone in your hand teasingly, however your tight grip on it prevented Key from grasping it as he reached out. You recoiled your arm, not allowing him to get ahold of the phone. Key whined at you, using his best pouting face.

“Please, baby. I just dyed your hair very nicely for you and I always treat you perfectly, please, pretty please with cherries on top?” he pleased, pressing his hands together and interlocking his fingers. “Please please please?”

You sighed and gave it, promising him that you’d delete the photo. However, you simply deleted another photo and kept it. You would never post a photo that embarrassing of him. Or would you?

You retired from the bathroom and laid down on the couch, being sure to put a towel underneath your head just in case. Although you promised yourself that you’d stay awake as Key watched The Voice Korea (some of his reactions were priceless), you fell asleep to his compliments and sometimes rude remarks.

When you woke up, the TV was off and Key had left the room. You wondered where he could be when you heard the sound of the sink running in the kitchen. You suddenly remembered that you still had hair dye in your hair and that you probably surpassed the time maximum for the dye to process. You jolted up and ran to the bathroom, running the bath tub as quickly as possible. You heard Key’s laughter from the kitchen then soon felt his presence behind you. He knelt down behind you and adjusted the temperature then turned his head to look at you, a wide grin on his face.

“Honey, don’t you remember what I told you earlier? This brand can be left on for however long you want. You’re fine, you’re good. Stop worrying.” he patted your back and guided your head under the slightly cold water, helping you wash the pink-bubble-gum-cotton candy mess out of your hair. Once your hair was thoroughly rinsed, Key helped you blow dry it. You kept your eyes closed the entire time and when he turned the blow dryer off, he told you to open them on the count of three.

“One…two…three! Open your eyes!” he exclaimed from behind you. You opened your eyes to see your hair bright, pretty, and the perfect shade of light pink. It had a slightly orange tint to it but did indeed look like bubblegum or cotton candy. Key began chewing on the tips of your hair.

“What the hell are you doing, Key?” you laughed, reached for a hair tie to put your hair up. “Does it taste like sweets?” you added, putting your hair into a high pony. He frowned and shook his head, a pout forming on his lips. “But I think we have a cup of cotton candy in the cupboard. Will that fix your craving, dear?” you ask. Key nodded earnestly and before you knew it, he was dashing to kitchen in search of the sugary treat.