Palty’s Bitter Cappuccino

Dyeing Me Crazy

A/N: This is real brand and color of hair dye. I have never used it before, so it won’t be completely accurate as to the results and everything. I’m just going off of reviews and my own instincts~

 

“Are you done yet, Key? It’s been nearly an hour! It can’t take that long to dye!” you whined, your neck aching due to how long you’ve been holding your head perfectly still. Key had insisted that you sit still even as he mixed the dye (you couldn’t understand the Japanese, so you had no choice). Key hummed in response as you felt his fingers massaging your scalp.

“Almost, babe. Just hold on for five more minutes. I want to make sure I got everything.” he replied, running his fingers through your dye-covered strands. And before you knew it, you heard him remove his gloves and felt him put a shower cap on your head. As he leaned over your shoulder to take off the tower resting atop your shoulders, he whispered into your ear. “Done!”

You cracked your neck and smiled in relief. “How long does it process for?” Key picked up the instructions and skimmed the page for moment before replying that it would take about 45 minutes. “So what can I do while I wait?” you question him once more. Key shrugged.

“Anything, I suppose. Watch TV, cook, dance; heaven forbid you study for your math final.” he rolled his eyes, cleaning up the bathroom around you. You thought for a moment, considering your options. “Cuddles and Doctor Who?” you smiled at him, pouting a tiny bit. 

“Does that show even have Korean subtitles?” he asked. “There is no way in hell I’m smart enough to understand thing in English. I’m not fluent, y’know.”

“You’re speaking English right now, dummy. And you’re smart enough to understand, if I can watch your musicals in Korean and understand the, then why should I doubt you watching Doctor Who and understanding it?” you retorted tilting your head with a proud smirk, knowing that you had won.

“Fine, but we’re watching the one with the bow tie.”

And so it was, you snuggled into his side (careful enough to not get any dye on him) with a heated blanket on you two. You had somehow managed to find Korean subtitles and Key was very pleased. As you watched the show, Key began to rub your arm softly, his eyes falling from the TV to you. He bit his lip as he gazed at your eyes lighting up at the excitement of Eleven, giggling quietly to himself. You turned your head, sending him a  questioning look. He shook his head and pecked your cheek. 

“You’re really cute.” he simply stated. You raised an eyebrow and returned your gaze to the show, not wanting to miss a moment. His hand shifted from your arm to your wast, curling around your slender figure to hold you close against him. He watched you more than he did the show (you could tell from the corner of your eye), and although usually you would be self-conscious. However, today you felt flattered and took it as a compliment. Maybe this new hair color really would be a change for you.

Once the show ended, Key started running the bath water and brought you to the bathroom when it was just warm enough for you. You dipped your head and winced at how cold it actually was. Key laughed at your reaction as if it was a joke.

“Oh, sweetheart, it has to be cold. The color lasts longer that way.” he helped you wash the dye out of your hair and began to blow-dry your hair. You liked how he was playing hairdresser, he had dyed his hair several times before and you though that he would enjoy this task. Once he finished, you gasped at your reflection in the mirror.

Your once blonde hair now was beautiful chocolate brunette, a darker shade you had been nervous to try. The new shade made your face seem smaller and you couldn’t wait to see what it looked like with all the various red lipsticks you have stored away. Key seemed to agree because he was smiled brightly over your locks, running his hands gently though the natural wave that your hair had. He bit his lip in awe of your new appearance.

“You look gorgeous as a brunette, baby. Gosh, you look y.” he smirked as he fawned over you. You blushed, covering your cheeks with your hands. 

“Do you really think so?” you asked, parting your hair differently to see which way you looked best.

“God yes. But then again, you’d look drop-dead gorgeous in any hair color.” he smiled, resting his head on your shoulder. “I can’t wait to show you off to the boys, their jaws will hit the floor.” 

You giggled and turned around, taking his hand in yours. “How about showing me off to the city of Seoul, then?” Key nodded eagerly, interlocking his fingers with yours. “Wear that red number that shows off your …I mean brings out your eyes.” he chuckled. You rolled your eyes and stepped into your bedroom, ready to prepare yourself for the numerous paparazzi photos soon to come.