☀ 012614

p e n n i e s

01. 44paint me a picture x hunhan

 

luhan begins seeing them much later, when he’s far too late.

sehun continues coming to the studio after class. he greets luhan first, then they stumble to the back, where it’s all canvas and paint, and sehun gets splintered again today. he’s a bit clumsy.

“be more careful,” luhan tells him as he drags a wooden stool to the middle of the room without turning to sehun who’s removing his uniform. sehun chuckles behind him, a sound that twinkles in the air for a moment. luhan opens the windows to let it out. and, well, sehun looks nice under the afternoon sunlight and dust glittering around him.

luhan takes his place behind the blank canvas (which isn’t sehun—not yet), and sehun looks up. luhan sees it, then, red-rimmed eyes. colourless lips. luhan gulps, and dips his brush.

the funny thing about sehun is that he’s white against white on a canvas. you can’t picture him until you start putting in the shadows and the purples and the reds. sometimes, luhan has observed, sehun is red on really bad days. a nice kind of red on good days. sometimes sehun has no colour. most of the time, he’s blue.

“you’re getting skinnier, sehun,” luhan says, as he makes gray streaks across sehun’s chest.

“i haven’t been eating really well, i guess,” sehun shrugs.

“will you eat if i take you out to dinner?”

“maybe,” sehun smiles. then, silence. luhan thinks he should start playing music whenever he has these sessions with sehun. he keeps painting, and then, “are you asking me out, hyung?”

“maybe. depends.”

“on what?”

“if you’ll come.”

“okay.”

“okay?”

“okay, i’ll have dinner with you.”

luhan looks up and sees sehun is staring at him. he coughs. “i told you not to move,” he scolds, and sehun turns his head back to face the light, smiling. the light is kind of hurting his eyes now, and his is starting to hurt from sitting on this uncomfortable stool for too long. but he doesn’t complain, because he likes modelling for luhan.

anything for luhan.

“how does saturday sound?” luhan mumbles later, when he’s adding the shadows under sehun’s nails.

“saturday’s great.”

then, suddenly, purple across sehun’s chest. a darker shade spotting his neck. a little green on his arms. luhan drags his brush under sehun’s eyes and thinks, one day, sehun will only be red. the good kind. 

 

 

 

⌚ 02. 04love your stuff x kaisoo

 

 

jongin has always been a morning person. he doesn’t really know why, but he figures the best part of the day is in the beginning, when he can only expect it to get better. it’s also the only part of the day when he can enjoy the little things like everyone else rousing from sleep, their yawns and how they all just stretch and move about. he also particularly likes how nice the light from outside reflects on the glass dome above him, on the metal claw that hangs up there.

he greets it every morning.

but the best part, jongin is sure, is when kyungsoo wakes up next to him. here is the thing about kyungsoo: when he falls asleep, he does it slowly, then all at once; when he wakes up, he does it slowly, then not at all. jongin finds it particularly adorable.

kyungsoo’s really cuddly in the mornings, too.

well, he’s cuddly all day but the mornings especially.

“good morning,” jongin hums, stretching. he hears everyone coming to life around him.

kyungsoo groans in reply, nuzzling deeper against jongin. jongin feels himself get warm. he can’t really blame kyungsoo for not being a morning person. he’s an owl, and the thing is, owls are nocturnal. jongin purrs and pats kyungsoo’s purple wing. “you can go back to sleep if you want.”

but he can’t because yixing is suddenly quacking around like the duck that he is, waking everyone up. there is no chicken here, and he’s somewhat a chicken so why not. kyungsoo groans and turns away, only to be stabbed in the tummy by one of deer luhan’s antlers.

“sorry,” luhan mumbles and scurries away, not wanting to face the wrath of kyungsoo in the morning.

“i don’t understand how i am not used to this,” kyungsoo whines.

“there, there,” jongin hushes, patting kyungsoo’s head with a black paw. he then pecks kyungoo’s beak. that seemed to calm kyungsoo down.

“you can sleep today.”

so kyungsoo does, and jongin wraps his black feline-ness around him, protecting him from the metal claw above them. the claw is their god. it chooses who leaves and who stays. jongin respects the claw a lot; he thinks he leads them to a very happy fate, but the claw only takes one each time it chooses, and jongin is always scared he’ll get taken. or worse, kyungsoo gets taken.

once, his tail got caught, and he was lifted, and he caught glimpse of the outside world, the lights and the humans, and it frightened him. he was nearly taken out of there, and everyone was cheering, wishing him good luck and telling him congratulations, but jongin didn’t want to go if he was going without kyungsoo.

he just really wants to be with that purple-feathered owl.

it was a good thing jongin didn’t fall into the tunnel, or he would’ve been gone for sure. the moment he got dropped back in, he searched for kyungsoo and they hid at the very bottom ever since. (kyungsoo seemed to share the fear of being outside without jongin.)

basically, jongin’s days were always good. as long as kyungsoo will always be with him, it’ll be fine.

he just really loves kyungsoo, down to the very last stuffing. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

okay so basically that was sht and the first few chapters will probably just be some trials and they should give you a hint about which pairings i ship. (also, can i just say, these are most likely plots that i liked but couldn't, like, finish. i might make them into legit stories?) yeah.