Vow of Truth

The Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Your POV

 

It’s been 2 weeks since my birthday, meaning, it’s been 2 weeks too since that incident with Sehun.

No matter how much I force myself to forget it, everytime I’m with Kai or with Sehun around, I can’t help to think that I’m such a , letting another guy do me while my boyfriend’s not around. And worse, the guy is my boyfriend’s friend.

“Baby? Hey baby~” someone held both my shoulders, I looked up to see a worried Kai, looking straight to my eyes. “Are you okay?”

We’re inside the practice room inside the company building. I went straight here after receiving a text from him that he’s here all alone, practicing.

I managed to smile at him, but deep inside, I feel like killing myself for betraying him. “I’m fine Oppa, wae?”

“You sure?” his eyes were not leaving mine, “You’ve been spacing out lately. Is there any problem?”

 

Should I say it?

No! He’ll be mad! He won’t forgive me. He— He’ll leave me if he finds out...

 

Thinking about him leaving me, I can feel a hard tug in my heart.

I... I can’t bear to lose him

 

As I was about to open my mouth to answer him, we heard a bang and the door open, making me and Kai look at the intruder.

“Oh! Kai, you’re here already?” it was Chanyeol along with the rest of EXO-K.

“_____-sshi! Why are you here?” Suho asked as soon as he saw me, I smiled at him.

“I invited her to see our practice, hyung” Kai said and held my hand.

A certain tall blonde maknae who just came in caught my eyes, and as if he knew I was looking at him, he turned to my direction and also looked at me. But then his gaze shifted to Kai’s hand which was holding mine, he looked down and silently walked towards the other corner of the room.

 

 

The atmosphere became very awkward for me. I stood up and kissed Kai on the cheek, “Oppa, I have to go now~” I said and smiled apologetically.

“Already?” he pouted and he looked a bit disappointed. “Can you stay with for a while more?” he asked, I was about to protest and the fact that Sehun’s been eyeing me and Kai from time to time is unbearable and ever so awkward.

“Please?” Kai did an aegyo, knowing I can’t win over it. I pouted back and groaned. “Fine~” I said and he smiled victoriously.

I walked towards a corner and sat patiently, watching them as they started practicing. But as the time goes by, my mind wasn’t focusing on them.

 

Kai and I had been together for a long time now... It’s been 3 years since we got together. Our relationship has lasted even when he was still a trainee. We love each other so much and I don’t know what I will do if I lose him just because of—

 

“Noona?” I almost jump from the floor when Sehun suddenly tapped my shoulder. I looked at him and he looked worried.

“Noona, gwaenchanha?” he asked, I just nodded. His eyebrows furrowed, noticing I’m not. He was about to say something when we heard Kai calling me from the others. “Kai’s calling you.” He stood up, but before he leave, I thought I heard him say...”Mianhae...”

 

 

The next few days passed by and the feeling inside me gets worse every single day. Kai’s getting worried because I’ve been like this since my birthday, he even stayed at my house for 4 nights straight only to see if I’m eating on time, and taking care of myself. Once he observed nothing bad, his manager had told him to move back to the dorms.

Kai still doesn’t know a thing about what happened to me and Sehun that day, and it’s killing me. I can’t bear to lie anymore. I love him and I don’t want him to be hurt.

I should tell him before it’s too late

Suddenly my phone rang and I picked it up.

“Hello?” I said.

“Hey baby!~” It’s Kai. “How are you now?” he asked

“I’m fine baby...” I said.  I should really tell him now..

“Meet me up!” we both said in unison and I can hear him chuckle from the other line.

“Where, Oppa?” I asked him.

“Cheonggyecheon” he said and I could imagine him smiling from his voice.

“Arasso..   I’ll be ther—“

“No! Not now!” He suddenly shouted and I was confused.

“uhh I mean... We still have schedules today...” He was trailing but I can hear other voices from the other line.

“Yah! Tell her we have rehearsals to do! It’s still not finished!” I think it was Suho Oppa.

“Yah Oppa, what IS still not finished?” I asked, I can smell something fishy here.

“Just meet me there... maybe around 7?” He asked and I just sighed.

“Arasso, arasso~” I said and pouted. What’s wrong with him?

“And don’t forget to dress up” He said and chuckled, “I love you baby~ Soooo much~”

I smiled, “I love you too babe~”

“Gotta go now, still have things to do. Don’t forget, okay? 7pm sharp” He said and ended up the call.

“*sigh* All I have to do is wait ‘til 7. Great~ What am I going to do ‘til then?” I pouted as I stood up to go inside my room.

 

 

Kai’s POV

 

“Yah PABO!” I can hear Kyungsoo hyung nag at Baekhyun about the spilled bottle of red wine.

I sighed as their bickers started to grow. Then Chanyeol hyung came running back  to our direction with another bottle of winein hand.

“Here” he handed me the wine, “This should be enough as a replacement for it” he said and stood in between the two who was bickering non-stop.

I walked to the table and placed the bottle perfectly in the middle with the wine glass and foods prepared for this night.

I smiled as everything is all set. I can imagine her smiling face, this has been her dream proposal ever since.

Yes, I’m going to propose to her here, near Cheonggyecheon River.

 

“Yah~ Does anyone see Sehun?” Suho hyung suddenly asked us as he looked around. “He was just here a while ago”

“Maybe he just went to pee” Chanyeol said, “Or just strolled elsewhere”

“Here, I’ll find him” I handed Suho hyung the bouquet of flowers. I looked at my watch to see it’s nearing 7.

As I was about to run, I saw him with _____ walking towards our direction.

“Oh! Oppa!” ______ waved her hands while smiling, she was dressed perfectly, her hair pinned up.

Once she’s standing in front of me, she looked around, confused of all the preparations. “What’s with all this?” she asked.

I pulled the navyblue box out of my pocket as I kneeled in front of her. I can see her shocked expression when I held out the little box in front of her.

I can see my hyungs smiling not from afar, happy to see this moment.

“______ the love of my life, the angel that lightens my soul everytime.” I smiled at her as her eyes are now welling with tears. “Will you marry me?”

Her tears started to fall down her cheeks and her hand cupped to prevent from crying harder.

“Babe?” I waited for the answer, but her head was held down that I can’t see her face. My chest became heavy as seconds pass by.

“Mianhae...” I heard her say, my eyes widened at her answer. I felt like a huge boulder crushed my heart, surrounded by ice.

“W-what?” I mumbled, “W-wae?” I asked.

I can hear her sob, “I’m not... w-worthy of your love O-oppa” she cried.

 

 

Sehun’s POV

 

“N-noona...” I can’t believe she declined Kai’s proposal.

She continued crying, none of us can speak. “I have betrayed you...” she started.

My eyes widened. Is she really going to say it?!

“What? What are you talking about baby?” Kai stood up and held both her shoulders. “You never betrayed me. I know you can’t do that”

“I’m sorry... I— That night, during my birthday... when you took me home... after that party...” she trailed.

“N-noona... stop...” I whispered and looked down, not wanting to look at her miserable state. I clenched my fist tight, until my knuckles turn white.

“... Something happened between me—“

“Geumanhae!!” I shouted as she’s still insisting to say it.

“Sehun...” she looked at me with tearful eyes. I looked up only to receive a punch from Kai. I think he already knew it’s me whom noona is talking about.

“Oi Kai!” Chanyeol and Suho hyung came in between us.

“Geumanhae?!  Do you know anything about what she’s saying, Sehun?! Do you have something to tell me too?” he asked furiously.

______ noona came rushing to him, stopping him from blowing another punch. “Oppa stop! Don’t do it! It’s my fault not his!” she said, claiming all the blame that I should be claiming.

“Mwo?!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter