Mistaken

Forever

c h a p t e r f o u r

 

L.Joe’s P.O.V

 

    I set the cigarette between my lips and inhaled the chemicals. Exhaling the smoke relaxed me and made me feel like I had no worries.

 

    But that was a lie. 

 

    For the past two weeks, the only thing that’s been on my mind was Niel. What could he be doing right at this moment? Was he safe? Is he ever coming back? 

 

    I still didn’t understand why he would just leave like that. Was something going on at home? Or.. did he leave because of me? My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. I fished for my phone in my pocket, hoping it was from Niel. I became disappointed when it wasn’t Niel, but my friend Ricky. After the whole Niel incident, we befriended each other at school. It was nice having a friend, but Ricky was a little too… clingy. 

 

    I answered the call. “Hey, Ricky,” I greeted. “L.Joe!!! I’m bored.. Can you come hang out with me?” I sighed. “Ricky, you probably have better things to do than hang out with me. Why don’t you go to the club or something?” I suggested.

 

    “That’s why I called!! I want you to come hang out with me at the club!! Please~” I rolled my eyes. Since I had nothing else to do, I thought I’d go just for the hell of it. “Fine. I’ll come,” I coldly replied. “Yipeee~!” I heard Ricky squeal from the other line. Why is he my friend again?

 


 

    Ricky and I met up at the club. This club was quite flexible, so if you told them that you were legal, they would let you in. So, we did, even though we’re not legal. Once we entered, the loud music instantly boomed through my ears. I hated going to loud places like this, but I was already there, so it didn’t matter. 

 

    Ricky and I found a booth to sit at. A waitress came around and offered to get us some drinks. 

 

    “My buddy and I will have the best alcohol that’s here,” Ricky requested. I looked over to him. “What?” I looked at the waitress. “I don’t drink alcohol. I would like some water please,” Ricky nudged me. “Eyyy~ Come on, man! Live a little! As a famous and inspirational person once said, yolo,” I judged him for his reference to Drake. “No. I’d like some water please,” I heard Ricky sigh, but didn’t care. 

 

    The waitress wrote down the orders on her paper. Before she left, she took one last look at me, winked, then left. I flinched in disgust. 

 

    I looked around the club and saw girls dressed in skimpy outfits dancing unbelievably close to the men. “I’ll be right back, I have to pee,” I told Ricky. He nodded and I went on my way to the restroom. 

 

    When I entered the restroom, the scent of cologne and filled my nose. I ignored it and searched for a vacant stall, did my business, then went out to wash my hands, when I noticed something strange. I looked under the door of one of the stalls and say 2 pairs of legs. One of them standing up and one of them on their knees. I quickly ran out of the restroom. Naughty people. 

 

    As I was walking back to Ricky, I spotted a man. A familiar man. He had brown shaggy hair, I knew exactly who it was. He was sitting at the bar, and I ran up to him and back hugged him.

 

    “Niel! Where were you? Do you know how much I missed you?” I said. Niel, or.. the man I thought was Niel, turned around and faced me.

 

    “Yo, the hell man?! Are you gay or something?! Don’t you know God hates gays?!?!” The smell of alcohol travelled through my nose. He got off of the stool he was sitting on and pushed me to the ground, then straddled me. He punched me in the jaw multiple times. 

 

    “Dude! I’m sorry! I mistook you for somebody.. that I miss,” I felt myself losing consciousness, but before I did, the man was pried off of my body by Ricky. “You okay?” He held a hand out and pulled me up. My face was all bruised and bloody. The man was eventually kicked out of the club. Ricky and I went back to the booth we were sitting at.

 

    “You sure you’re okay?” Ricky asked, concerned. “Yeah, don’t worry about it. Not the first time,” I was able to let out a small laugh. I took a sip of the water the water the waitress had brought us. I leaned back in my seat.

 

    Is this what’s going to be happening? I’m gonna mistake every guy I see for Niel? I thought to myself. 

 


 

    Niel’s P.O.V

 

    I watched as L.Joe got beat up by that man. I wanted to go in and help him. He seemed so weak. I fought back the tears welling up in my eyes and left the club.

 

 


Hey guys! I FINALLY UPDATED! Sorry for making you guys wait so long. And sorry this chapter is so short, I was planning on making it long but it's currently 1:30 am and I can't think straight xD I'm gonna be updating this fic and Evanescent more often since it's summer, so please go check it out! For now, bye bye! <33

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/635544/evanescent-niel-romance-teentop-nielandoc