Confession

Forever

c h a p t e r o n e

Niel’s POV

 

 

    I caught myself smiling. “What are you smiling at?” You may ask. Well, like every teenage boy, there’s always that one person who gives you butterflies and makes you smile at every little thing they do, but they just don’t realize it. 

 

    L.Joe. That name rang inside my head regardless of what I was doing. Doing homework, washing dishes, watching TV; my mind always seemed to wander off to L.Joe. I snapped out of my thoughts when the teacher walked into the classroom. Everybody shuffled into their seats, but I kept my view on L.Joe. His messy blonde hair, the way his school uniform clung to his body, everything about that boy was perfect.

 

    But here’s the problem.

 

    You see, in society, some people don’t accept gay relationships. Why? Who knows. That’s the sad thing. People hate gays for no apparent reason. There’s nothing wrong with a girl and a guy loving each other, what’s the difference between the same loving each other? But I wasn’t gonna let my ual orientation stop me. I’ve been planning this day for about a year now; the day I confess to L.Joe. 

 

    I slowly shifted my concentration to the board, so the teacher wouldn’t call on me to answer a question I wasn’t paying attention to. At lunch today, I, Ahn Daniel, was gonna confess to Lee Byunghun. 

 


 

    It was lunch. The hallways were overflowing with students, people were rushing to get their spot in line to buy lunch, as for I, I was searching for L.Joe. It was impossible, I almost gave up. But then I spotted a familiar head of blonde messy hair; L.Joe. Before approaching him, I prepared myself.

 

    “Okay, Niel. You can do this. If you screw up, it’s all over,” I said to myself. I turned around and nervously but confidently hustled over to L.Joe. It was crowded, but I managed to make it. To my luck, he wasn’t with any of his friends. 

 

    Once I made it up to him, he looked up at me. I noticed he was wearing earbuds in both ears, but to my surprise, he reached up and plucked them out. 

 

    “Hi, Niel,” L.Joe greeted. I suddenly started to get more nervous, considering the fact that my crush for a year, actually knows my name. “H-Hi..” I nervously gulped. “C-Can I talk to you outside?” I managed to get out. L.Joe flashed me a grin, nodding. 

 

    We walked outside to the football field. It was empty, which was perfect.  L.Joe and I were under the bleachers. 

 

    “So, what do you need?” He asked. I gulped and proceeded to talk, “w-well.. we’ve known each other for a while now, right?” L.Joe nodded. I scratched the back of my head nervously, trying to say what I need to say. “W-well, let me get straight to the point… L.Joe, I-“ I looked down at my shoes, building up the courage to spit it out. “I.. like.. you.” It felt as if 1000 tons were being lifted off of my shoulders. It felt good to finally get it out. “I know it’s weird. A guy liking a guy. B-but I know you probably don’t like me back, and that’s okay. I just needed to get it out of me…” I continued. I feared that L.Joe would go back and tell his friends that me, a guy, confessed my love to him. I looked down at the ground. It was silent, then I heard chuckling coming from him. I looked up, only to find him hiding his face in his hands. I was embarrassed. I mean, I just confessed to him, and now he’s laughing? I felt sorry. “I’m sorry… I didn’t choose to-“ “I like you too.” My eyes were like saucers by the time he said those four words.

 

    I like you too. 

    

    I like you too.

 

    I like you too.

 

    It rang in my head. “What?” I was still trying to process what he had just said. “What did you just say?” L.Joe smiled, “I said, I. Like. You. Too,” My legs were turning into jelly. I feel like.. I feel like I just got punched in the face by an angel. Does that make sense? I don’t even know what’s going on right now.

 

    “You like me too? But- how? When? Why?” My mind was a mess. L.Joe… is gay? “You’ve never realized me staring at you during class, or in the hallways? I go home everyday thinking about you. I was even planning a day to confess to you,” I knew that my face had gone tomato red - but that didn’t matter.

 

    L.Joe likes me. 

 

    L FREAKING JOE LIKES ME. 

 

    I couldn’t contain my smile. I ran towards L.Joe and hugged him as tight as I could. “Do you accept me?” I asked. “Yes, I do,” L.Joe grinned. This was probably the happiest day of my life. 

 

 

    Or so I thought.

 


 

[A/N:]

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is so short D: I didn't know what to write LOL. But yeah, first chapter's up! I'm surprised I have subscribers for this story wow o_o Well anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this fic. Byeee!

And I promise, the chapters will become longer. So don't worry~