Chapter 1

The Seoul of EXOlmypus

Perseus swiftly climbed up the stone structure and laid eyes on Andromeda, who was imprisoned by the chains attached to the crumbling stone.

"My mother boasted to Poseidon that my beauty was greater than the Nereids" Andromeda explained.

"Now a monster is sent to kill me"

Suddenly a gigantic monster rose from the depths of the sea as the sky darkened. It roared and flailed it's tentacles as it advanced towards Andromeda.

Perseus quickly opened his magic satchel and exposed the lifeless head of Medusa.

He protectively stood in front of Andromeda as he opened the fragile eyelids of Medusa's dangerous orbs.

The monster swam quicker and quicker until...

 

 

"Miss Jung! Jung Hana, are you paying attention?"

 

Hana snapped back to reality as her math teacher shouted at her. Her whole class stared at her intensely as if they were trying to melt her with their gazes.

 

"Yes Mrs Yi!" Hana responded.

 

Then the math class continued. Being in high school wasn't as easy and fun as High School musical portrayed. No singing. no dancing. And no Zac Efron (Sorry ladies). Zilch.

 

Hana sighed to herself as she diverted her attention to the maths textbook.

 

Calculus... Hana sighed. She never liked maths but at least she was a decent student. She would rather be in History, English or even Music than Math. She never liked any of her classmates as they always talked about makeup or boyfriends while she would be sticking her nose in the library's newest edition of Greek Myths.

 

She would rather live in the Greek Mythological world than here. Slaying creatures like the Hydra or battling the opposition in the Trojan war was her thing. She would rather imagine herself as a hero than finish the outrageous amounts of homework Mrs Yi would give her.

 

Hana looked at the clock. 5 minutes till lunch break she sighed in her head.

 

Out of boredom, she got her pen and stared at the corner of her wooden table.

 

No one would really notice or even understand anyway she convinced herself.

 

She scratched on the corner "Perseus" in the Greek alphabet. She was skilled in writing Greek and was proud of her little acclamation.

 

"Class, you need to finish the rest of the chapter by the end of this week. You may pack up and leave when the bell rings"

 

Hana groaned. there was 6 pages of homework due in 3 days and she was hunting for jobs.

 

The Bell rung and she sprinted out of the classroom.

 

 

" Hana!"

 

Hana spun around and found her bubbly friend Haemi link arms with her.

 

Haemi was the exact opposite of Hana. She was lively, fitted in with the mainstream crowd, 5 cm taller than her and liked math. The only thing that knitted them together was their similar interest of Mythology and History but still, their opposite traits complemented each other.

 

The two of them sat outside under the shade of the tree. Every lunch break, Haemi would update Hana on the latest gossip but Hana would just listen or end up daydreaming.

 

Haemi twisted her auburn hair into a top bun as her abnormally large (but cute) eyes observed Hana. Hana peacefully lied down on the emerald grass and looked at the fluffy clouds.

 

"Okay. Minyoung and her gang somehow managed to avoid giving in their History Assessment by making up stupid excuses such as " I had to go to hospital as I had some asthma issues" even though everyone knows they're lying, Mr Choi seriously has to man up and actually teach them what they have to do" Haemi complained.

 

Min Young's gang were the Queenka's of our grade. The gang consisted of Minyoung, Jiyeon, Hara, Dae hi and Seo hwa.They looked cool, wore their uniforms differently, made a whole new language and basically skipped homework by torturing defenseless teachers with the most disgusting Aegyo. The fact that they practically owned the school didn't help the situation any better. Haemi used to be in their gang until they ended up becoming mediocre.

 

 

Hana saw the ferocious five-headed monster rise from the murky water. The five heads transformed into the faces Min Young's clique. Hana took out Medusa's head and...

 

 

"Ya! Hana listen to me"

 

"Sorry" Hana apologised

 

Haemi continued her neverending news report.

 

"and their group name is Exo! Isn't that cool?" Haemi chirped

 

"Umm... What"

 

Hana was saved by the bell.

 

Haemi rolled her eyes as she picked up her books.

 

"See you after school!"

 

"Sorry! I'll go ahead as I'm looking for a job" Hana apologised

 

"Okay! See you tomorrow Hana"

 

As Hana waved good-bye she headed towards her next class, History.

 

Little did she know two guys were curiously eyeing her from the corner.

 

"Is that her?"

 

"I'm not sure... We have to confirm with leader"

 


 

Perseus: Demigod. Son of Zeus and Danae. Slayer of Medusa. Defeated sea monster sent by Poseidon to kill Andromeda. Married Andromeda.

 


From Author: Hi you  !!!!  <-- (wow a bit stalker-ish)

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter and the crappy art/ dividers -.-

Please comment below your suggestions, theories and opinions below!