Jongdae

Umbrella

It was a shock to everyone, but he couldn't stand it the most. He wasn't mad at his best friends choices but he was mad at himself. Had he been the type of person he couldn't confide too.

The room was barely lit was the sun began to trickle in through the small latched windows that had been left open. the light was not bright though as grey clouds still covered as far as you could see. The rain started to fall, ont heavily but enough to need an umbrella. 

Lay forced his body to keep moving. His moves getting sharper with each attempt at proerfecting them. His black tank soaked in sweat. Lay colapsed onto the cold floor. It felt good. He glanced down at the gray sweats thinking he should have worn shorts.

His muscles pulled tight from the overuse. His sweat was all that was holding him together. He could focus only now. Only when it was him and just the music. He forced his legs to straiten up as he grabbed a white towel he threw on the table next to the door. He patted his face.

"Xing!~" Lay perked up at the sound. No one was in the room though.

"Xing!~" came again. This time he was able to pin point the sound. He walked over to the window and looked down. Chen's lips curved up at the edges as he smiled brightly as him.

Chen motioned with a wave for the other to come down. Lay nodded in agreeance. Chen dropped his smile as soon as Lay was out of sight. It was hard to see him like this. Blaming himself for something he couldn't fix. Lay opened the door leading to the street. Chen already smiling brightly again. He held up a black umbrella he had just opened.

Chen jogged the ten steps to Lay and pulled him under the umbrella with him. "If I asked you to talk to me, could you?" Chen dropped the smile but he didn't frown. He knew Lay held everything in. He had been stiving to stay strong when everyone else was breaking down or getting mad around him.

Lay turned his head as he felt the tears start to swell in his eyes., "Nothing I say can change it."

The breeze cooled as the tempature dropped with the rain. Chen still holding the umbrella wrapped both arms around the taller man holding him as tightly as he could, "Maybe it would hurt less." Pulling back from Lay Chen lifted his left hand which was free from the umbrella and wiped the tears that began to fall.

Chen held him untill the tears subsided again before pulling away again. "Hyung! You must be hungry. Lets eat. Ok?" Chen slipped his small hand into his and tugged him out into the drizzle. "My treat this time. What ever you want." Lay smiled at these words that Chen said to him. It had been the first smile since his best friend had left him.

"Surprise me." Lay said as he gripped Chens hand back. He promised from now on he would live in the moment and cherish each and every second he had with him, with all of them.