Chanyeol

Umbrella

He didn't know if it was the weight of the rain beaten umbrella or the loss of the strength in his hand that made the morning even more dreary. The loss weighed heavy on him as he tightened his grip on the handle leaving his knuckles white.

Chanyeol's brown eyes followed the fat drops of rain as they tumbled from the edge of the umbrella and crashed against the hard asphalt. The bottom of his white pants soak up the remnants of the broken raindrops splatter.

Thinking of returning to the room from which he came he argued with himself that it would bring no difference to the matter. His shoulders loosened slumping with the weight of the backpack as if to as if they were accepting the situation. Excepting what he could not change.

Another sound of footsteps could be heard approaching as their shoes slapped the rain built up in the parking lot. He turned peaking from under the umbrella with his solemn face. His cheeks with attentive red in them as he realized that Baekhyun had followed him out.

Baekhyun walked up to the tall man and hesitantly lifted his arm. Only making it as high as the hem of Chanyeol's hoodie. He gripped it tightly between his thin fingers. Chanyeol could see the smaller mans body begin to jerk softly before he took himself by surprise hand released the umbrella quickly and wrapped his arms around the other man.

"Don't leave me." he whispered in the unexposed right ear of the man buried in the full length of his arms. The warmth from the tears soaking through his hoodie as the cold air and rain began to pound down on them. Chanyeol pushed back on him creating a space between them.

The distance felt so far even with him mere inches from Chanyeol, until without any knowledge of what was happening he felt it. Baekhyun lifted up forcefully on his tippy toes and crushed his lips into the one person he had wanted to do this to for years.

Baekhyun pulled his lips back slowly as he paused to gather himself and exhaled all the remaining grief he had felt up until that moment. Chanyeol's eyes darted back and forth between the other mans. "Goodbye" and with that he slid from Chanyeols' arms and turned to walk away.

Beakhyun's' hand being the last thing to pull away as he reluctantly released the fabric and continued walking back inside without ever turning to look back at who he had left behind.

The sirens rang out in the background again as the ambulance pulled up to the same door his love had disappeared into. The lights on the hospitals name flickered as he started to speak to the building, "You were suppose to save him!"

Chanyeol sunk into a ball wrapping his arms around his knees. The warm body he had just held will never return to its rightful place again, for it is now coldly lying on a metal table inside a basement room.