011 ⎛✶⎠

﹅The Tear Collector

He was just as average as everyone else, save his lisp. His lisp made him seem like a two year old, but a very attractive one at least. The thing with him, though, was that he was quiet. He hardly ever spoke, hardly ever showed emotion, hardly ever showed anything but a mild interest in... Anything. That is, except for Lee Dasom. Everyone who knew him knew he had the hots for the single handedly most beautiful girl in his grade, but everyone also knew that Dasom had absolutely no idea that he existed.

 

“Hey, you know that Sehun kid?” Someone would ask her, but she would only tilt her head and give them a questioning glance.

 

“Who?” She’d ask, but then the subject would be ignored. Everyone knew the two of them were literally perfect for each other, but with Dasom untouchable by anyone she didn’t know, it made it hard for Sehun to even get close to her. So he admired her from a distance. On Valentine’s Day, he slipped love letters into her locker, going on about her endless beauty. On her birthday, he stuck a rose out of her backpack while everyone but her was watching, a little note attached that simply said ‘thank you for being born’.

 

He heard her going on about the love letters, the endless poems that seemed to find their way into her notebooks, the birthday presents that came from no one specifically. She fawned over them, her eyes sparkling with the desire to know who it was that admired her so much, and though everyone around her knew, they said nothing. They often caught Sehun’s gaze as he stared at her, allowing it to drift briefly, and then suddenly he was the target. They always smiled in his direction, but when Dasom turned to see who it was that they were smiling at, all she saw was the back of some white-blonde kid’s head.

 

One day, Sehun was sitting in the food court of the mall and was eating his lunch quietly and diligently, as always, when a familiar streak of chestnut brown hair caught his attention. He turned in his seat, his eyes locking on Dasom’s slight figure, all of her friends noticing him instantly. She turned to follow their gaze, but Sehun saw it coming, so he quickly threw the remains of his lunch away and began walking away briskly, leaving Dasom searching for the person her friends were looking at.

 

Hyunwoo watched from a table not too far away as the exchange took place.

 

Sehun was going to just slip past Dasom, ignore her as best as possible, but then an unfamiliar man stepped in front of him, blocking his path. He looked up, his eyes set on the man’s face, determined to move around him, but something in the man’s eyes told him otherwise.

 

With reluctance, the man and boy sat down together at a table, all the while Sehun’s gaze kept flickering to Dasom as she wandered around the food court, searching for just the right place to eat. The man leaned in close, raising an eyebrow, which snapped Sehun’s attention back to him multiple times.

 

“I can help you, you know. You’re in love with that girl, it’s easy to tell. She’s pretty. And you know, I don’t want you crying over this eventually. So I’m going to save you before the tears come, so they aren’t wasted over such a pretty girl like her,” The man said simply, but Sehun’s expression stayed the same. “My name’s Hyunwoo.”

 

“Sehun,” He said lightly, and then he listened with keen interest as Hyunwoo explained his theory on ways to attract the girl’s attention.

 

⎛ a few days later ⎠

 

Sehun walked into school, sheepishly tugging his beanie over his rainbow colored hair. Bits of green, orange, and purple fell into his eyesight, but he figured to just leave it. It made him seem cooler, anyways. The skinny jeans he had bought were fitting snuggly, the boots he was wearing making no sound as he walked down the halls. His slightly baggy shirt somehow showed off the skinniness he possessed, the jeans showing off the slimness in his thighs.

 

For once, he caught Dasom’s attention.

 

“Who’s the new kid?” She asked, leaning close to her friend as the rainbow-haired boy slid past her, his eyes briefly flickering up to her face. He seemed familiar, but she couldn’t be sure.

 

“He isn’t new, Dasom. That’s Sehun... And he’s Mr. Right,” Her friend said softly, bumping Dasom’s hip with her own, smiling wide. “He’s the one who’s been sending you all the love letters and stuff, just ask anyone.”

 

“Him? Oh my goodness, he’s gorgeous. Why didn’t I notice him before? Why didn’t anyone tell me that it was him that admired me so much?” Dasom turned as Sehun started walking past her, a sort of longing reaching her eyes. “He’s gorgeous,” She repeated, this time a whisper.

 

“Anyone could’ve seen it, you just weren’t paying attention. You never saw him look at you with such deep admiration, you never paid attention to the quiet kid next to you in biology. You were so lost in the world of the populars, you never noticed him. Now go, hurry up, before he walks away!”

 

Dasom squealed and hurried after the retreating boy, her fingers brushing his shoulder. “Sehun? Is that you?” She asked quizzically, and once she turned around, her question was answered with a simple smile. “... Do you want to walk me to my class?”

 

Sehun nodded, then offered her his arm. She linked her hand around his elbow, then they walked in perfect stride with each other. As they walked, smiling faces greeted them everywhere, making Sehun actually smile and turn a light shade of pink. Then, when Dasom leaned up and pecked Sehun’s cheek right in front of her first class, quite literally the entire hallway erupted into cheers.

 

Hyunwoo nodded his approval from the office, where he was watching from a window that overlooked a hallway, then excused himself. He left the school with a bright smile on his lips, quite pleased in what he had done this time.

 

⎛ end ⎠

 

♛ Author Note ♛

 

I have to say, that was one exciting year for a friend of mine. Although I never saw it for myself, my friend called me recently and told me that her and her lovely boyfriend were still together, three years later. I applaud them.

That was the inspiration for little Sehun here.