1.

If I die young

(//= flashback)

 

Life is unpredictable. You have no way of knowing what will happen tomorrow, or what will happen next week or next year. You also have no way of knowing when your life ends. ”Live everyday like it's your last day”, is a common saying but how many actually live like that? Kris Wu didn't. Kris Wu lived a life he was forced to live, not what he wanted to live. He woke up at the same time every morning. He sat down on his kitchen table alone, just like every morning. He drank his morning coffee, just like every morning. It was routine for him. He was working for his fathers company, not because he wanted to but because it was expected from him. It wasn't his dream. His dream was to be an artist. Live a carefree life painting pictures, not having routines, not knowing how every single day would go.

Kris stepped into his office, located on the 13th floor of the magnificent building also known as the WU company building, sighing. A mountain of paperwork had already been delivered to his desk. He ran a hand through his golden hair and sat down. He stared at the paperwork mountain blankly. He was 23 freaking years old. This is not how his life was supposed to go. He was supposed to travel, have fun, meet new people and live his dream. But instead he's sitting infront of that same table again. Kris shook his head trying to get rid of the depressing thoughts. This is what he was supposed to do. This is what is right. He was making his old man proud like this. One day it would be him running this huge company, earning all the money. With a determinded nod he started to go through the papers. Kris checked his wrist watch. 11.30. The time he took his coffee break everyday. One short free moment in his day.

Kris always walked to the nearest coffee shop. He always ordered latte. He always sat down on the same table at the corner near the window. Taking a sip of his latte Kris looked outside. He looked at all the people rushing by, living through their daily routines. However this particular morning Kris noticed something different. A boy. A boy standing in the middle of the street. People were rushing by past him,green light signaled people it was their turn to cross the street. But the boy just stood there in the middle, being ignored, being still. The light changed in to green for the cars to move but the boy stood still. Kris felt a hint of panic rise inside of him. Why didn't the boy move, why didn't the cars stop. Without thinking much Kris stood abruptly from his seat leaving the latte behind and rushed out of the shop.

He ran towards the boy standing on the street and heard cars beebing at him angrily. He caught confusion on the boys face before taking his arm and yanking him off the street, and cars were passing by normally again. ”Are you crazy?” Kris panted letting go of the boy arm. The boy was left staring at his arm like he'd just noticed he had one. ”Hello? Are you ok? Why were you standing there like that you could've hurt yourself”, Kris said dusting off invisible dirt off his clothes. The boy sifted his eyes onto Kris now. ”You- you touched me”, the boy said with suspecting voice. ”Yes I touched you, and yes I also saved your life, no need to thank me just be careful ok? Ok.” Kris sighed and shook his head. Kids these days. He turned to walk away and left the stunned boy behind. Kris allowed himself to turn to look and weirdly so, the boy was still standing there, head tilted to the side. Kris snorted and kept walking. Maybe he shouldn't have helped that guy after all.

The rest of the day at the office went by normally. The day ended like any other day, if the encounter with the weird boy didn't count. Kris said goodbyes to the workaholics who stayed behind to work and pull allnighters. He felt sad knowing that it was him in 10 years. Kris had to shake the unpleasant thoughts away again. This is what's right. Kris thought that the best part of his day was the buss ride home. Kris had a car, and a quite expensive one too, but he loved riding the buss. The trip to work and home was about 30 minutes when traveling with buss and Kris felt stragenly calm sitting in the quiet buss, watching the dark streets outside. The buss halted and picked up passengers from the buss stop. Two passengers in this case. An old woman and, even though Kris could hardly believe it, the boy from earlier. The boy didn't pay or greet the driver. He just walked in. And the driver didn't care. Kris narrowed his eyes. How come he had to pay but this boy didn't.

The boy walked closer and sat down on the empty seat beside Kris'. ”You didn't pay”, Kris muttered turning to look out the window again. The boy remained silent for a while before talking: ”You shouldn't talk to me, people are gonna think you're crazy”, this made Kris look at the boy. ”What?”. The boy nodded in the direction of the old lady. And indeed the lady was giving Kris a weird look. Kris bowed his head slightly and the lady turned away. ”Who are you exactly”, Kris now whispered wanting to safe himself from odd looks. The boy chuckled a bit. It looked weird because the same stoned expression stayed. ”Im Sehun”, the boy quietly said and for the first time his face turned from cold to..sad. Kris let his eyes study the bo- Sehuns face a bit more carefully. The boy was pale. In fact Kris had never seen a boy so pale in his life, he looked almost transparent. His skin was flawless. He had dark circles around his eyes. The boy looked tired, exhaused actually. ”Where do you live? How old are you, are you sure you should be out you look a bit sick”, Kris bombarded him with questions and Sehun kept smiling. ”It feels good”, Sehun said taking a deep breath. Noticing Kris' confused look he continued: ”Being able to talk to someone again, I was starting to get a bit lonely”, Sehun said and chuckled again, this time his smile reaching his eyes. The smile on Sehun face had an interesting affect on Kris' heart. It was like warmth spreading through all over.

”What do you mean 'being able to talk to someone again?'” Kris asked giving Sehun a suspicious look. Sehun shrugged and got up. ”This is my stop, see you again Kris”, and the boy stepped out of the buss alongside with two other people. Kris was left to stare at the spot Sehun sat few seconds ago. Kris snorted. ”What a weird guy”, he mumbled and turned to look out of the window again. Kris tried to sleep. He really tried. He even counted sheep, but still failed to fall asleep. That weird boy, Sehun, was in his head and he just couldn't stop thinking about him. Something was off about the boy but Kris just couldn't figure out what. You shouldn't talk to me, people are gonna think you're crazy Kris groaned in annoyance. There was no other way. He had to find the boy and figure out what his deal was. Two weeks went by. Two weeks went by and nothing out of the ordinary went on in Kris' life. He didn't see the boy, nor did he stop thinking about the boy. He was always looking around hoping to catch a glimpse but nothing. Kris was sitting at his usual table at the coffee shop drinking his latte and watching people, like usual. He almost choked on his latte when he saw the boy standing on the other side of the street, smirking and waving at him

. Without a second thought Kris rose from his seat and sprinted outside. He ran across the street but didn't see Sehun. Kris hissed and kicked a small rock and it flew to someones feet. ”Dont be mad at the rock, it did nothing to you”. Kris sighed. ”Where have you been”, Kris tried to act nonchalant but obviously failed. Sehun picked up the rock and played with it. ”You know, here and there, why? Did you miss me?” Sehun asked with an amused tone. ”I didn't miss you ok, I just- I dont know, I was curious”, Kris said and an embarassed pink spreaded across his face. Sehun let out a small laugh. He then threw the rock at a poor passer by and it hit them in the head. The passer by, a middle aged man, turned to look at kris with a mad expression. ”What's wrong with you”, the man asked rubbing the side of his head. Kris blinked. ”I- it was him though”, Kris said pointing at Sehun, who kept smirking. The man looked at the spot Kris was pointing. ”Are you playing with me?” The man said with a dangerously low tune. ”I dont have time for this”, the man looked at his watch and rushed away. Kris couldn't move. He stood there with a stunned expression. Sehun's laugh broke his trance. ”That was hilarious”, Sehun managed to say between laughs. Kris turned to look at him with a poison-filled look, that stopped Sehun from laughing. ”How did he not see you”, Kris asked with a voice almost like a whisper. Kris took a couple of steps towards sehun and grabbed his collar. Sehun was not afraid, his look was just as challenging as Kris'. ”You tell me right now what's going on”, Kris almost growled. Sehun ripped himself off Kris's hold and snorted. ”If I tell you will you believe me?” Sehun asked, his expression was tough but his voice was oozing desperation, that made Kris soften up a bit. ”Sehun please”, he whispered. ”Ok then”, Sehun said before clearing his throat. ”Im dead.” A wave of different emotions went through Kris.

First of all he wanted to laugh at the funny joke. Second of all he was scared to death. Third of all he was confused, and fourth of all it all somehow made sense to him. Sehun seemed to notice the mixed feelings Kris was going through. ”You know it's true. There's no other explanation”, Sehun said quietly leaning agaist the brick wall. ”So... If you're dead, and you're still here, it means you're a ghost?” Kris felt like laughing at the ridiculous thought but something stopped him. Sehun clapped his hands slowly. ”Nice work sherlock”, he earned a glare from Kris, ”I died a while ago, my pathetic soul failed to move on and im stuck in here”, Sehun said pushing himself off the wall. Sehun walked closer to Kris and studied his face. ”You're the only one who can see me, and you can even touch me”, sehun said more to himself than to Kris. ”So basically, to other people, it looks like im talking to myself right now?” Kris said noticing the weird looks people were giving him for the first time. Sehun swallowed a laugh. ”Yup”. Kris grabbed Sehun's hand and started dragging. ”Man you need to stop dragging me around”, Sehun said but didn't fight back.

A small alley was all Kris could figure out at the moment. ”And now what, you're gonna molest me?” Sehun asked looking around. ”Here's the deal, I dont have time to start saving your soul ok? So let's make it quick, do you have anything you were supposed to do before you died? Anything you should've done but you didn't?” Kris asked crossing his arms to his chest. ”I'd gladly tell you but I dont remember anything. I only remember that my name is Sehun, no last name, nothing”, Sehun said sounding frustrated. Kris sighed heavily. ”Great, then how the hell am I supposed to help you”, Kris messed up his golden hair. ”I never asked for your help you know”, Sehun sounded almost sad. ”You think im not frustrated? I am, im a freaking ghost, there's nothing for me to do but to wonder around. I have no idea where to go, no idea what to do or no idea who I was. I want to remember, so badly but I cant. I cant move on. I cant see 'the light' or whatever im supposed to see. Im here but im not here for anyone else. I just exist but there's no point”, sehun took a deep breath after his rant. ”I never asked for your help Kris, I dont expect you to do anything. It was just nice to actually talk to someone again. Do you have any idea how lonely it is? Seeing and hearing everyone, but no one knows you're there. I tried for a long time to get someone to notice me but for nothing”, Sehun kept ranting with his eyes watering. ”I had a life once, I had people who loved me. There must be someone missing me, but I cant freaking remember!” Sehuns voice rose to the point he was almost shouting at Kris. ”I havent even seen other ghosts around. It's just a cruel reality that im stuck here all by myself forever so sorry I bothered you”, Sehun turned to walk away but Kris grabbed his wrist. Kris's next move surprised them both. He pulled the younger boy into a hug. ”Look, you never asked for my help, but you didn't need to. Im gonna help you move on ok. We'll look for clues, we'll do everything we can ok and im going to help you, not because you asked me to but because I want to”, Sehun's tears were running down his cheeks at this point. He nodded weakly and grabbed onto Kris for dear life. Sehun didn't even remember how good it felt to hug someone. To touch someone, to even interact with someone. Now that he could he wasn't planning on to let go for a while.

The sound of Kris's phone ringing broke their silent hug. Kris took his phone out of his pocket and started cursing. ”, it's already been an hour? Dammit”, Kris hissed and answered his phone. ”Dad? Hi- yes im sorry I got stuck in the traffic. Well today i went a bit further awa- ok I'll be right there” Kris ended the call and sighed. ”Right, your job? Why dont you just quit”, Sehun ask studying Kris's face. ”Huh? Just quit? It's not that simple you know”, Kris said and started to make his way back to the office. ”It IS that simple Kris. Just quit, a blind person can see that you hate the job ok”, Sehun said matching his pace with Kris. ”I cant. This is what im supposed to do ok”, Kris said quietly. ”You're supposed to do nothing Kris. It's your life, you decide. Your dad has no right to make decicions for you. It's your life. You never know when it'll end so I suggest you live it like YOU want to”, Sehun said quietly turning his head towards the sky. Kris didn't answer, he just looked at the dead boy beside him.

”I wonder if I had a dream when I lived”, Sehun muttered eyes still on the sky. Kris let out a laugh. ”Everyone has a dream Sehun”, Kris said as they crossed the street. Kris sat down on his desk and started with the paperwork normally. Exept that now he had a dead boy sitting on his desk. ”So what's yours”, Sehun suddenly asked. Kris looked at Sehun and frowned. ”What?” ”What's your dream, you said everyone has one so what's yours?” Sehun said picking up a paper soon to have Kris take it from his hands. Kris stayed quiet for few seconds. ”I wanted to be an artist. To paint pictures or something like that”, Kris said with a faint smile on his face. ”When I was little, all I ever did was draw and paint pictures”, Kris chuckled. ”My teachers always praised me,I guess I have a talent”, Kris shrugged. ”So why dont you?” Sehun asked and looked at Kris with a serious face. Kris sighed for the nth time. ”I really wish it was that simple”, Kris said signing the last few papers. ”I'll make you change your mind”, Sehun said earning a smile from Kris. The next week went by Kris doing all the same stuff he always did, but with Sehun by his side. Everything didn't seem so boring and colourless when he had company. He was getting used to having the boy by his side all the time.

The weekend came and Kris had earned himself couple of days off. ”We're gonna do something crazy”, Sehun informed when Kris woke up on saturday morning. Kris chuckled. ”And what's that?” Kris asked getting up from the bed and looking for clothes to wear from the closet. ”I dont know but seriously if I wasn't already dead, I'd die because your life is so boring”, Sehun said helping Kris find clothes. He grabbed a white plain T-shirt and handed it to Kris. ”You look good in white”, Sehun muttered and walked away from the room embarassed. Kris smiled fondly and put on the shirt. ”So? What are we going to do?” Kris asked as he sipped his morning coffee. ”Im working on it ok”, Sehun said absently as he was reading the news paper. ”OH hey, there's a football match today”, Sehun turned his head to look at Kris. ”Football is exciting right?” ”Right.”

”Two tickets to the football match”, Kris asked the lady but Sehun smacked his arm. ”I-I mean one ticket, im alone after all”, Kris corrected with and awkward laugh. ”Smooth”. ”Shut your mouth.” They found a place with two empty seats next to each other and sat down. ”I dont even remember when was the last time I came to watch football. It was ages ago”, Kris admitted feeling quite excited. ”Me neither but this is gonna be fun”. The game started slowly with no goals but towards the end goals started coming and with 5 minutes left to the game it was 3-3. ” this is nerve wrecking”, Sehun said looking at the score board. ”Watch your language, and please, we're gonna win I know it”, Kris earned a snort from Sehun. The last 5 minutes started and the game was like a horror movie. The ball went from other team to other team and both were close to scoring the winning goal. At the last minute a player from their home team got the ball and started to suffle through players towards the other teams goal. He kikcked the ball and it flew just pass the goal keepers' hands and ended up in the net. The audience stood up and cheered and yelled and celebrated, Kris and Sehun with them. ”WE WON WE WON”, Sehun jumped up and down and eventually hugged Kris who just laughed and hugged back.

”The game ends 4-3 and our own Seoul football team wins the game thanks to our very own Luhan!” The commentators voice boomed across the stadium and Sehun froze. The player named Luhan was celebrating with his fellow team mates and he waved at the audience who cheered in return. Sehun cast his eyes on Luhan. ”Sehun? Sehun are you ok?” Sehun however didn't hear Kris. All he could think about was that he knew that boy. He knew Luhan. ”I know him! I swear I know him!” Sehun yelled as they rushed through the growd leaving the stadium. ”I believe you Sehun but slow down please”, Kris said and finally managed to grab Sehun's arm. Sehun however ripped out of his hold. ”Kris you dont understand, I know Luhan, I dont know how but I know- You need to talk to him”, Sehun said and Kris noticed the desperate look on Sehun's eyes. ”I will Sehun but calm down ok”, Kris said running his hand through Sehun's blonde hair. ”This is great isn't it”, Kris said smiling faintly. ”Luhan might know you”, he continued and Sehun nodded. ”And I might be one step closer to moving on”, he said quietly. Kris couldn't deny the pang in his heart. He couldn't deny that he felt disappointed. After Sehun was gone his life would return to the way it was. Boring and not worth living. ”Kris?” Sehun grabbed Kris's hand that was still in his hair. Kris snapped out of his thoughts. ”Ah sorry, come on let's go and see if we can talk to Luhan”, Kris said and started to make his way towards the dressing rooms. Sehun followed and ignored the weird feeling inside of him.

”Sorry you cant go there”, said a tall well built man in front of the entrance to the mens dressing room. Kris sighed. ”Look, I have something very important to talk to Luhan, please let us- I mean me, please let me pass”, Kris begged the guard. ”Im not allowed to do that. Now step. Back”, the man said with a dangerous tone. Kris hissed but walked away further. ”No way we can get through him”, Kris said running his hand through his hair like he always did when he was frustrated. ”Let's go wait by the back door”, Sehun said and they did so. After a while of waiting the back door opened and the players started to appear with their body guards. Soon Luhan appeared with his body guard and made his way towards the van. ”Luhan-ssi?” Kris yelled and Luhan smiled and waved at him. Kris tried to walk clsoer but Luhan's body guard stopped him. ”Enough”. ”Luhan-ssi please!” but Luhan just kept waving his hand and was about to step inside the van when Kris yelled: ”It's about Sehun! Luhan please”, Luhan froze. He turned his head slowly to Kris and the latter was shocked about the pained look on Luhan's face. Luhan seemed to hesitate for a while before stepping away from the van. Luhan walked towards Kris. ”W-what about Sehunnie”, he asked with a weak voice, Sehun grabbed Kris's hand tightly after hearing Sehunnie. ”Can we talk in private?” Kris asked and Luhan looked back at the van. ”Sorry I cant stay now but let's meet later. Meet me at the bridge of han-river at 8pm tonight ok?” Luhan said before hurrying off. Kris sighed in relief. He turned to look at Sehun. ”Looks like we've got ourselfs a date”, he joked. Sehun looked at van driving off ”Sehunnie”, he whispered. ”Do you remember that?”. ”I think so, I- I remember being called Sehunnie, yeah, I definitely remember”.

”Kris would you hurry up”, Sehun sain impatiently stomping his feet at Kris' apartment. ”Chill were gonna make it”, Kris said putting on a jacket. ”Do you... Do you feel cold?” Kris asked as he opened the door of his apartment and Sehun stepped outside. ”Nah not really, I mean I feel a bit chilly all the time but I guess that's because Im a ghost”, Sehun shrugged. Kris just nodded and they started to make their way to the bridge. ”He's not here yet, why is he not here yet what if he doesn't come what if-” Sehuns blabbering was cut by Luhan's voice ”Hello”. Kris and Sehun turned around and saw a gently shivering Luhan. ”Oh hello you made it”, Kris said awkwardly. ”Should we go somewhere inside, you look like you're freezing”, Kris offered but Luhan shook his head. ”No. We should stay since- since this is where it happened”, Luhan said quietly and Kris and Sehun barely heard him.

”So you said it was about S-Sehunnie”, it seemed like Luhan had a hard time saying Sehun's name. Sehun couldn't help but to grab a hold of Kris's arm again. He was holding for dear life and Kris gave him an assuring look. ”Yeah um, this is going to sound a bit...weird. I had a hard time believing it myself to be honest, and well im not sure if I still can believe this”, Sehun gave Kris a sad look but Kris smiled gently at him. ”Y-You're acting a bit weird, what's going on?” Luhan looked at Kris with unsure eyes. ”Well, Sehun's here with me”, Kris said and saw confusion take over Luhan's face. Sehun's grib got tighter. ”Uhh, Sehun's with me too he's always in my mind”, Luhan whispered softly. Sehun breathed in shraply. ”No, what I mean is, Sehun's standing right here”, he pointed at Sehun, ”Having a death grib on my arm actually”, Kris said giving Sehun a meaningful look and Sehun loosened his grib. ”Are you playing with me right now? Do you think this is funny?” Luhan started to get mad with tears threatning to fall from his eyes. ”Sehun was special to me I dont understand how you can joke about this matter. What happened to Sehun was terrible, dont you have any respect?” Tears did fall from Luhans eyes now as he wiped them off madly. Kris gave Sehun a desperate look. Sehun looked at Luhan who was on a verge of emotional breakdown and whispered ”Lulu”. He then looked at Kris. ”Lulu I- I think I used to call him Lulu, try that!” ”Lulu”, Kris just blurted out and Sehun punched his arm earning a hiss from Kris. Luhan froze. He slowly wiped the rest of the tears away from his cheeks. ”W-what did you just call me?” Luhan choked out. ”Lulu, that's what Sehun told me to call you”, Kris said softly and smiled at Sehun who couldn't take his eyes off Luhan.

Luhan grabbed the reeling of the bridge tightly. He looked like his knees were about to give in. Sehun looked alarmed and was about to go help but remembered he's just a ghost so he gave Kris a panicked look. Kris stepped closer at Luhan who looked terrified. ”He only called me that when we were alone”, Luhan whispered and silent tears started to paint his cheeks again. ”Is he really here?” Luhan asked turning to look at Kris. Kris nodded his head and looked at Sehun, so that Luhan knew where he stood. Luhan collected himself and took a couple of steps in the direction Kris had pointed. ”Sehunnie? Are you really here?” Luhan sobbed out. Sehun reached his hand slowly. He stopped briefly before placing his palm to Luhan's cheek. Luhan's eyes widened as he felt a cold hand on his cheek. This made Luhan lose it completely. He fell down to the ground sobbing uncontrollably. ”Sehun's soul hasn't been able to move on for some reason and we're trying to find out why”, Kris said kneeling down to Luhan. ”W-hy c-an you s-see him?” Luhan asked between sobs. Kris sighed. ”I have no idea really”, he looked up and saw Sehun looking at Luhan with teary eyes. Kris grabbed Sehun's arm and pulled him down too. ”He's right here”, Kris whispered and Luhan tried to see him. He wished and he hoped that he could see him. But all he could do is feel him. ”S-sehunnie? Can... can you hug me?” Luhan asked and without thinking twice Sehun pulled the older boy into a tight hug. Kris hummed in wonder. ”Maybe you're able to touch him because of your close relationship ”, Kris suggested but got pretty much ignored. ”And I can see him because im a freak”, Kris sighed.

”Luhan, can you tell us how you knew Sehun and how he died?” Sehun pulled out of the hug and looked at Kris with terrified eyes. ”Luhan took a deep breath and turned to look at the river flowing under them. Then he chuckled softly. ”I knew Sehun from when we were little boys. I remember saving him from a bunch of bullies when he was just 6 years old, I was 10 at the time”, Luhan said a fond smile taking over his lips. He chuckled again. ”Sehun did not leave me alone after that, he kept following me everywhere and sometimes even appeared at my door step. It was weird because weren't his parents worried about him, I thought. Later I found out that he was actually an orphan”, Luhan saddened. Kris stole a glance at Sehun, he looked shocked. ”An orphan?” Kris asked and grabbed Sehun's hand. ”Yeah he lived in an orphanage nearby my house. After that I just felt like I need to take care of him. He was like a little brother to me. We grew up and were really close with each other, he still followed me everywhere”, Luhan chuckled at this and Sehun blushed lightly. ”I never saw Sehunnie as anything but a little brother”, Luhan said sadly turning to look at the spot he assumed Sehun was standing at. Suddenly his eyes filled with tears again. ”Sehunnie im so sorry I couldn't see you as anything else, im sorry I wasn't able to do that and im sorry I couldn't protect you”, Luhan said breaking down in tears again. Sehun looked alarmed. He still had no idea what Luhan was talking about, he wanted to remember so that he could tell Luhan it was ok. ”Luhan it's okay, calm down, tell us what happened”, Kris spoke to him soothingly. Luhan took a couple of calming breathes before he spoke.

”When Sehun was 15 years old, I met this guy, Minseok”, Luhan explained pain painted all over his face. Sehun sifted uncomfortably. Something about that name made him uneasy. Kris nodded and Luhan continued. ”We- we got really close as the time went by and I-I fell in love with him”, Luhan said trying not to cry again. Sehun froze. The memories hit him like a bullet straight trough his heart.

//”Sehunnie, I want you to meet someone”, Luhan smiled brightly as he and Sehun met at the bridge they always met. Sehun frowned. Who would he possibly want Sehun to meet.

All Sehun needed was Luhan. All Sehun cared about was Luhan.

All Sehun loved was Luhan.

”Sehunnie, this is Minseok”, Luhan pulled the guy trailing behind him closer. ”My boyfriend”.

Boyfriend. The reason Luhan had less and less time for Sehun was because he had someone else he cared about more than Sehun. He should've known Luhan wouldn't stick with him forever. He should've know that just like his parents, Luhan would abandon him too. No one cared. He was worthless.//

He remembered it all clearly. He remembered the pain, the disappointment, the fear. ”Sehun?” Kris called his name but Sehun didn't hear. Sehun stared at Luhan. He stared and tried to understand. Just like then, he tried to understand.

//”SEHUNNIE! DONT GO SEHUN-” Luhan tried to call his name but Sehun didn't hear. He didn't want to hear. He hadn't understood it before. What he felt for Luhan. But he understood it now. And his heart was broken beyond repair.//

”SEHUN WAIT!” Kris yelled after Sehun who had sprinted away. ”W-what happened where did he go? Did he leave? Sehunnie dont go, not again Sehunnie please”, Luhan broke into heart breaking sobs. ”He-he left”, Kris said more to himself. ”A-After I told him t-that Minseok is my boyfriend he-he ran away and t-the next thing I h-heard of him was that he-he had jumped o-off this bringe and-” Luhan sobbed shivering violently. Kris felt his heart break into millions of pieces. How sad Sehun must've been. How heart-broken. Kris felt his own eyes burn from unreleased tears. He sighed deeply. ”So- So Sehun was in love with you”, he whispered and Luhan nodded slightly. ”We need to find him”, Kris said suddenly. ”W-what?” ”We need to find him, I think I know how to make him move on”, Kris said and smiled gently at Luhan.

Sehun held his head in his arms. He was hunched over and sobbed violently. ”No, no no no”, he chanted. ”Not again, I dont want to feel like this again”, Sehun whispered to himself trying to catch his breath. It was like feeling his heart break all over again, the pain as fresh and new as before. ”I cant breathe”, He panicked and panted crying. ”Sehun?” He heard a familiar low voice. ”Sehun-ah calm down”, Kris lowered himself to his knees. He grabbed Sehun's hands that were still holding his head. ”Sehun-ah look at me please”, Kris said gently and the younger did. ”He didn't care about me”, Sehun cried out and hugged Kris for dear life. Kris felt his shirt get wet from Sehun's tears but he didn't care. ”Of course he did”, Kris whispered holding Sehun tightly in his arms. ”You know he did”. ”But I loved him and he didn't love me back”, Sehun whispered miserably. ”He loved you alright. He loved you alot, in a different way maybe, but he loved you”, Kris explained. He felt Sehun's breathing calm down. He patted Sehun's head in a soothing way. ”Sehun-ah, I think you should hear Luhan out”, Sehun tightened his grib. ”Hear him out Sehun”, Kris whispered and after a while Sehun nodded his head slightly. ”Ok? Good let me get Luhan”, Kris tried to get up but Sehun wouldn't let go. ”Dont leave me”, Sehun whispered so desperately it broke Kris's heart for the second time that evening.

Kris cupped his cheeks and smiled the most assuring smile he could pull. ”Never Sehun, I would never, Im just gonna get Luhan ok”, Kris ran his thumbs over Sehun's cheekbones. Hesitating, Sehun nodded and let go of his grib. As soon as Kris returned to the alleyway he had found Sehun from, Luhan with him, he went straight to stand by Sehun's side and grabbed his hand smiling at the younger who looked so vulnerable, so weak that it made Kris swear he'd never leave Sehun alone until he'd move on. ”Sehunnie”, Luhan started quietly. ”I-I never wanted you to think I didn't care about you. I cared about you more that anything in this world, Sehun you meant so much to me”, Luhan explained looking at the ground becuase he couldn't actually see Sehun. ”You meant so much to me and-and when you jumped off that bridge you-you took a part of me with you”, Luhan took a deep breath to steady his voice. ”And I never, ever stopped thinking about you nor did I ever stop missing you”, Luhan said tears blurring his vision. ”Sehunnie dont you dare think I didn't care about you, I did. Even when I loved Minseok, even if he was the one I planned to have a life together, I cared about you, I would've never forgotten you. I would've still stuck by your side, being annoying and judging every person you would've dated”, Luhan chuckled slightly. ”Sehun you were my family you were my- my everything”. Sehun let go of Kris's hand and took a step closer to Luhan. ”Lulu”, he whispered a tear drop falling down his already stained cheek. Luhan snapped his head up. ”Sehunnie?” he whispered looking around trying to see the person voicing out his nickname. Sehun then closed the distance between him and the older boy and hugged him tight. ”Im sorry hyung im so sorry I left you im so sorry about everything im so sorry”, the boy sobbed gribbing onto Luhan who looked astonished. ”S-Sehunnie?” He said a relieved smile forming onto his lips. ”Oh Sehunnie, it's okay, dont cry, it's okay, my little Sehunnie you're here and I can here you, everything is ok”, Luhan cried and patted his younger ones hair.

Two weeks later

 

Kris was sitting infront of his desk like nothing had happened. He was sitting there staring at his load of paperwork like he had two weeks earlier. He sighed and layed his head on top of the papers. He recalled the events from two weeks back. It was supposed to work. ”Hyung, what are you doing”, the familiar voice asked from beside him. Kris sighed again. ”Nothing”. ”Hyung are you thinking about me again and how I was supposed to move on but didn't”, Sehun asked poking at his cheek. ”Yeah, I really dont know what to do”, Kris muttered turning to look at the younger one. ”It's ok. Maybe im not supposed to move on. Besides im ok. Being here with you is fine actually”, Sehun said smiling slightly. Kris smiled back grabbing the finger that was poking at his cheek. ”But Sehun-ah, I wont be here forever. Im going to grow up and Im going to die”, Kris said smiling sadly at the pouting boy. ”Maybe you wont move on either, maybe you'll be stuck here with me and we'll be stuck here forever”, Sehun said grinning. Those words sceared Kris if he was being honest. He didn't want that destiny for Sehun or himself. ”Im gonna find away Sehun-ah I promise”, the grin on Sehun's face turned into another pout. ”Dont you like being with me”, Sehun asked quietly. Kris chuckled. He grabbed Sehun and pulled him into his lap. ”Of course I do, but I dont want that for us. I want you to move on and wait for me on the other side”, Kris said now seriously. Sehun laid his head on Kris's shoulder.

Sehun hummed thoughtfully. ”You helped me, so maybe it's a two-way-thing”, Sehun said lifting his head to meet up with Kris's confused eyes. ”Maybe I have to help you now. And I know just how”, a grin made it's way to Sehun's face. Sehun grabbed a piece of blank paper and a pen. ”What are you doing?” Kris asked with an amused look on his face. ”Just wait, Im gonna help you, dont peek”. Sehun wrote something on the paper and folded it up neatly. ”Now come on follow me.” Kris followed Sehun without a clue until they were standing infront of his fathers office. Kris looked at Sehun with a frown. ”Sehun-ah..”

”Just take this paper dont read it, just take it and give it to your father. Trust me on this one ok”, Sehun placed the paper to Kris's hand and nodded. Kris sighed. It was worth a shot. If there was any change of Sehun being able to move on, he'd take it. Kris knocked on his fathers door and went in without waiting for his father to answer. ”Kris what are you doing here dont you have paperwork?” his father said glancing at Kris before looking at his computer again. ”I-I have but umm I-”, Kris glanced at Sehun nervously and the latter just nodded. ”I wanted to give you this”, Kris said and handed the paper to his father. Here goes nothing, he thought. His father frowned and unfolded the piece of paper. The look on his fathers face was unreadable. ”Are you kidding me? I dont have time for this Kris”, his father said on a serious voice. ”I-Im not kidding”, Kris said without knowing what the paper said. ”You quit? You cant quit you know that Kris”, his father said ripping the paper into tiny pieces. Kris gave Sehun and alarmed look. ”You know that's what you want to do Kris. It's time for you to live a little”, Sehun winked.

It WAS what he wanted to do. He had wanted to do it since he ever stepped his foot into the WU company building. He never had the courage to do it. Kris felt thankful. He felt so thankful he teared up. ”I can quit-” Kris said looking towards his father again. ”And I will quit. This is my life. I will live it as I please. Im sorry father I really am but I dont want to run this company, I want to paint. It's my dream”, Kris said as his father looked furious. ”Kris Wu dont you dare-” his father words were cut when Kris turned around and walked to the door Sehun following behind. ”I wish you'll forgive me someday father I really do, but it's time I start living the life I was blessed with”, with a last smile for his father Kris stepped out of his fathers office and closed the door. Before neither of the could utter a word Kris pulled Sehun into a hug.

”Thank you Sehun-ah, thank you” he whispered and felt Sehun grab his shirt. ”I have one last thing for you”, Sehun said and pulled Kris with him. After walking for about 10 minutes they stood infront of the seoul university of arts. ”I found some of your paintings from a while back”, Sehun explained. ”I took them to the university and wrote your information on it. ”A couple days back you received a letter. They would be more that happy if you would attend to their university as an art major”, Sehun smiled brightly and Kris couldn't breathe. He was speechless. Sehun had done all that for him. ”Is that why you always wanted to pick up the male”, Kris whispered with a smile on his face. Sehun nodded. ”If you go in there and tell them who you are im sure they will worship the ground beneath your feet”, Sehun said poking at Kris's cheek again. Without realising it tears had escaped his eyes.

”Sehun-ah you have no idea how thankful i am. I didn't have the courage to do this myself, you have no idea how greatful I am”, Kris said pulling the younger into a hug again. ”I know hyung, Im grateful to you too and you know what”, Sehun whispered holding a bit tighter to Kris. ”What?”

”I see it know, I see the light”, Sehun whispered. Kris felt panic rising in his guts. ”I think im finally able to move on hyung”, Sehun whispered and Kris felt his cheeks getting wet from the tears of goodbye. ”Go Sehun-ah, I'll meet you there someday”, Kris whispered but held on to Sehun as if his life depended on him. Little by little Kris felt the firm back disappear under his palms. He felt the boy turn into nothingness. ”Goodbye hyung, promise me you'll live happily”, was the last thing he heard before he was holding onto nothing. Kris let his hands drop to his sides. He smiled fondly and turned to look into the sky. ”I promise Sehun-ah, I promise”, he whispered. Kris took the steps up the university stairs towards his future. The future he had always wanted. The future he was able to reach thanks to the younger boy who couldn't move on.

Life is unpredictable. You have no way of knowing what will happen tomorrow, or what will happen next week or next year. You also have no way of knowing when your life ends. You can however, live, until the day you die.