One

Half of a Heart

.1


Hakyeon was doing it again.

Wonshik played with the rings in his hand, and while it looked like he wasn't paying attention, he was painfully aware about what was going on in the other side of the room. It wasn't the fact their leader was trying to coax a very tense Taekwoon into playing some silly game with the rest of them, but the expression plastered on the dancer's face while doing so.

Hakyeon was smiling.

All of them about how much he liked Taekwoon, how he was always going the extra mile for him; nobody commented about how Hakyeon's eyes dulled little by little, with every shove, with every word of dismissal coming from the eldest singer. How was it getting harder and harder for Hakyeon to keep smiling playfully at Taekwoon without showing how he hurt because of the other's refusal.

For people like Hakyeon, getting their heart broken was always an option, the only difference it was that Taekwoon will never get him back if that happen.

And that will not only break their leader, but the other singer as well.

He sighed, walking over Hakyeon as the corner of the dancer's eyes dropped until Wonshik could see the cracks under the mask; he grabbed the other's hand, giving him his best pout, only reserved for him and some chick he used to like.

"Hey hyung, let go practice."

His voice was gruff as he practically grunted, but it was enough for Hakyeon to turn his attention to him; he looked dead tired and Wonshik immediately regretted suggesting more practice.

" Oh Lavilavilavi, Taekwoonie doesn't love me anymore."

And Hakyeon was hugging him, clinging to him as he snuck his arms around him, burying his face in his neck; Wonshik ran a hand down his back, without even thinking much about it, his hyung needed this, needed the affection and while he wasn't the one who he really wanted this from, it will have to do. He looked at Taekwoon, the man stared back and the corner of his mouth was bowed down though he looked less tense, less overwhelmed.

Wonshik smiled at Hakyeon, cupping the back of his neck, even with the older's loud protest, lowering his face dangerously close; he looked into the other's eyes intently, the weariness was still there, the sadness, the yearning.

"Yah, maybe I should take you to bed instead."

His words didn't truly register until a very attractive blush appeared on Hakyeon's face; he - of course - was talking about forcing their leader to rest, but it seemed that it didn't come across quite like that.

It was probably the fact he got Hakyeon locked into his arms, and the fact his already deep voice got a little bit more huskier, more teasing. Or maybe the fact he pressed the words on their leader's ear, so no one but he could hear him, lips hovering just an inch from rapidly warming skin, his breath ghosting over a sensitive earlobe.

Hakyeon was squirming and Wonshik smirked rakishly at him, wiggling his eyebrows to hide the pounding of his heart; in the background, the peanut gallery - composed by Hongbin, Jaehwan and Sanghyuk - were wolf-whistling and laughing like hyenas, even if they didn't know what he said to get Hakyeon this flustered.

"Yah, yah, yah you two really-"

"Mom, think in my innocence-!"

"In public like that-"

"My poor eyes-"

" probably-"

"Ew Ew Ew mental images-"

Wonshik had enough time to press a quick kiss in the corner of Hakyeon's mouth before all hell broke loose and he had to run for the hills; he barely avoided getting one of their leader's karate chops before the other was walking away from him to chase the rest of the kids around, a brilliantly genuine smile adorning his face.

He watched him go for a while, before turning around and catching Taekwoon's eyes; he knew the older wasn't happy and he knew a jealous glare when he saw one but he could bring himself to look apologetic. It wasn't his problem that Taekwoon felt overwhelmed by Hakyeon's affections, while still feeling possessive over his friend; it was his problem though, when their leader suffered and hurt because the singer couldn't make up his mind.

That Hakyeon was easy on the eyes and even easier on the touch was just a little perk.

Eh, maybe he did want to take him to bed after all.