Two

Half of a Heart

.2

It stung.

Wonshik rubbed his jaw, for someone who looked so fragile, Hakyeon really packed a punch; in front of him, their leader looked both shocked and seething, his hand clenching and unclenching while he was trying to control all the emotions that were boiling inside him.

He ran his tongue over bloodied gums, tasting copper; he will have a very nice bruise tomorrow, lucky for both of them, they won't have any schedule until next week, whereas the sequels of their quarrel willbegone by then. The corner of Wonshik's mouth rose, something of a sardonic smile appearing on hisface, making the fire in Hakyeon's eyes alive again.

"That is your answer, hyung?"

It wasn't supposed to be like this, it wasn't supposed to end up in a fist fight; but his mouth had a will onits own, and before he could stop he was saying what he truly thought and Hakyeon's fist was connecting with his face. He knew he was right, and he knew Hakyeon knew he was right; that is why he wasn't surprised when something in the other's heated glare crumbled and the fire within it went out like a light.

Then there were hands swathing his and running soothing fingers over the abused skin; there were kind, worried eyes peering into his own, not asking for forgiveness but for understanding. Wonshik ought to be hurt, ought to be angry, ought to walk away, leaving Hakyeon with all his secrets and regrets, but he couldn't; the other had enough of people leaving and not staying for him.

He was never angry in the first place, so it was easy for him to melt into the other touch, it was easy for him to pull him closer and let the other tangle his hand in his hair, it was easy for him to hug Hakyeontight, a bit too tight and not quite tell him everything was alright.

It was easy for him to let his heart skip a beat when he felt warm lips just above the bruise on his jaw.

"I'm not him you know..." He mumbled and Hakyeon tensed. "I'm not like Taekwoon hyung..." He said and he pressed closer, closer, closer when he found no resistance. "I won't leave."

Hakyeon drummed an off beat rhythm against his ribs, curling his hands over them, trapping his breath under his fingertips. In times like this, Wonshik felt the weight of the gray area their friendship drifted in deep within his bones, like thunderclouds readying themselves for the downpour, like the calm before the storm.

There was static, there was electricity between them.

But also, it felt stagnant.

"I know."

Hakyeon breathed out, breathed in and just breathed, stealing Wonshik's air and thoughts away.

He doubted Hakyeon really knew.