The Problem with Love

The Problem with Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: The Problem with Love

Author: ilovesungyeollie

Pairing: MyungYeol, WooGyu

Genre: Romance

~~*~~

Hi all~ sorry for the wait. I just want to say a humongous thank you to all my subscribers… I’ve never even dreamed I’d get this much subs to just a foreword O_O I guess its all thanks to YeolMonster ^^;; and because of that, I feel really pressured to give you a good fic but idk.. my writing isnt that great… I hope I don’t disappoint you all ><
I didn’t mention anything about yeol’s condition either.. I hope you don’t mind :O
please e n j o y ~ <3

~~*~~

“Myungsoo… This is Woohyun, my boyfriend.”

Myungsoo's jaw dropped as he looked between the two. He couldn't believe this. The last three months, Myungsoo had been mourning, thinking the love of his life was dead. But turns out that said love was out getting himself a boyfriend?!

Woohyun gave Myungsoo a forced smile and tiny bow before dragging Sungyeol away.

Myungsoo sighed as he sunk further into his couch. He still couldn't believe that Sungyeol had actually moved on and gotten a boyfriend. Sungyeol was supposed to love him!

It took me a load of time to get over you - in fact; I'm still in the process of doing so.

Wait. Sungyeol said he was still in the process of getting over him. That meant that Sungyeol wasn't over him. That meant that if he tried hard enough, he can get Sungyeol to fall for him again. Myungsoo thought excitedly.

With this epiphany, Myungsoo jumps up from his couch, smiling widely. Then Woohyun popped into his mind. Though the other did call him a jerk, Woohyun still looked like a nice person. Myungsoo didn't want to hurt Woohyun by taking Sungyeol away. He knew how painful it was to lose the one you love. Or thought you lost. Either way it hurt a lot.

Pacing across his small living room, Myungsoo had another idea. He did a little victory dance at his smart plan before running to get his phone. Myungsoo quickly dialled a number and waited impatiently for the person to pick up. Once the person answered, Myungsoo spoke brightly.

"Gyu hyung!"

~~*~~

"Myungsoo I know how much you love Sungyeol but you can't just go and break a relationship like this." Sunggyu said worriedly as he followed Myungsoo on the sidewalk.

"But hyung, I know Sungyeol still likes me." Myungsoo replied. He wasn't sure if this will all turn out well either but he really wanted his Sungyeol back.

"Plus how would you know I will fall for this Woohyun guy?" Sunggyu muttered. "And why in the world would he fall for me when he's got a boyfriend already?"

"Don't worry hyung. I've got this." Myungsoo answered. Actually he hasn't got it but he was hoping a miracle would happen and Woohyun will fall for his hyung and leave Sungyeol.

"Why did I even agree to this in the first place?" Sunggyu wondered exasperatedly as he and Myungsoo arrived at the coffee shop Sungyeol worked at.

Myungsoo was also hoping that Sungyeol was working today and that Woohyun was going to pick him up like last time. It seemed like Myungsoo's plan consisted a lot of hoping. Luckily for him, what awaited Myungsoo was even better than he hoped.

Woohyun was spotted near the back of the coffee shop, drinking a cup of coffee by himself. Myungsoo smirked as he walked up to the counter with Sunggyu, delighted to see that Sungyeol was the one behind the cash register.

Sungyeol's eyes had widened slightly when he saw Myungsoo and his brother enter but now he had a poker face on. He placed a sweet smile on his face and asked for their order, as required by his job.

"Hello, what would you like to order?" Sungyeol asked politely.

"One cup of this lovely guy standing in front of me." Myungsoo told Sungyeol with a wink. This was the part of the plan where he didn't have to hope but needed to seduce Sungyeol.

Sunggyu sighed at his brother's behaviour while Sungyeol gave him a not-amused look. Myungsoo smiled at Sungyeol before ordering properly.

"One Americano." Of course this was also part of the plan. Myungsoo knew Sungyeol loved Americano even though he couldn't drink it while in hospital.

Sungyeol felt his heart flip, wondering if Myungsoo said that because he remembered it was Sungyeol's favourite or if it was just a coincidence. Sungyeol didn't let his emotions show of course, as he waited for the other to order.

"I would like an iced latte please." Sunggyu ordered politely.

Myungsoo then walked directly to Woohyun's table with Sunggyu trailing behind him. Woohyun looked up and noticed Myungsoo coming towards him.

"Hey Woohyun." Myungsoo greeted him coolly. Woohyun was about to reply coldly when his eyes caught sight of Sunggyu next to Myungsoo.

Woohyun felt sparks fly and his heart beat accelerate as he took in Sunggyu's stunning appearance. Woohyun thought he looked simply angelic with his straight brown hair, small but cute eyes, pretty lips and nice body.

On Sunggyu's side, it wasn't much better either. He had frozen in place when he saw Woohyun seated at the table. The other had wavy black hair, smiley eyes and just a handsome face in general.

I guess you could say Woohyun and Sunggyu had fallen for each other at first sight.

By now Myungsoo was smirking as he saw how well his plan was going. It was going so much better than he had hoped.

Myungsoo coughed as he sat down opposite Woohyun with a smug grin. Woohyun finally managed to snap out of his trance, scolding himself in his head.

What are you doing Nam Woohyun? You have a boyfriend already. Woohyun thought before directing one of his killer smiles at Sunggyu.

"Hello, I'm Nam Woohyun." Woohyun introduced himself, standing from his seat to bow politely. Sunggyu hurriedly bowed back.

"H-hello. I'm Kim Sunggyu. It's nice to meet you Woohyun-ssi." Sunggyu stuttered slightly. He definitely wasn't expecting this meeting to turn out like this.

"Nice to meet you too, Sunggyu-ssi." Woohyun replied while gesturing Sunggyu to sit. Sunggyu complied and sat beside Myungsoo.

"Sunggyu-ssi, if you don't mind, could we drop the formalities? I'd feel awkward if you always called so formally." Woohyun said to Sunggyu with a sweet smile. Sunggyu looked a bit surprised but nodded nonetheless.

"Sure."

By this time, Myungsoo and Sunggyu's orders were ready and were brought to the table by none other than Sungyeol.

"Your iced latte...?" Sungyeol asked as he placed Sunggyu's drink before him.

"Kim Sunggyu." Sunggyu quickly introduced himself to Sungyeol.

Sungyeol smiled and bowed. "Please enjoy your drink."

Then Sungyeol turned to Myungsoo with a cold look and put his Americano down without a word. Myungsoo pouted at Sungyeol but got ignored as Sungyeol turned to leave.

"Wait Yeol. You should rest for a while." Woohyun said while pulling on Sungyeol's sleeve. Sungyeol shook his head but Woohyun didn't give up. Unleashing his powerful pout and puppy eyes, he whined cutely. "Please Yeollie."

Sungyeol sighed but smiled at the other's cuteness before sitting down next to Woohyun. "I guess I could spare a few minutes."

Seeing the exchange between the two, Myungsoo was jealous. No, this wasn't part of the plan! Myungsoo thought in frustration.

Sunggyu on the other hand, was frowning and wondering why his heart was clenching. Did I fall for him already?!

“Here Yeollie, drink some coffee. You must be thirsty from working all day.” Woohyun smiled warmly at Sungyeol as he brought his drink to Sungyeol’s lips. Sungyeol smiled and took a sip.

Myungsoo’s eyes widened. How dare Woohyun share an indirect kiss with my Sungyeol right in front of me?! Fuming, Myungsoo got up abruptly and dragged Sungyeol out of the café.

Sunggyu blinked as the two departed and looked down at his latte. He felt sad that Woohyun had a boyfriend already. He wanted Woohyun to be sweet to him as well. WAIT. Kim Sunggyu! You’ve only known Woohyun for like five minutes. What are you thinking?!

“Uh… So Sunggyu,” Woohyun began after a minute of silence. “Can I have your number? I’d like to get to know you better. I’m sure we’d be great friends!”

Sunggyu smiled weakly. Friends. Right. “Of course.”

Woohyun beamed, feeling happy and unknowingly causing Sunggyu’s heart to race.

Outside the café, Sungyeol pulled his arm from Myungsoo’s grip and glared at him.

“What are you doing Myungsoo?” Sungyeol said angrily. “I thought I told you to leave me alone.”

“Sungyeol, just listen to me and let me explain.” Myungsoo begged.

“No. There is nothing that needs explaining.” Sungyeol replied, crossing his arms.

“Yes there is. Sungyeol-ah…I love you.” Myungsoo said quietly, with a distressed look.

Sungyeol looked away, feeling his heart beat faster at Myungsoo’s confession. Avoiding Myungsoo’s eyes, Sungyeol replied softly.

“I.. I’ve got a boyfriend.”

“So? Do you love him with all your heart? Do you?” Myungsoo asked. He knew Sungyeol didn’t like Woohyun as much as he implied he did.

“I need to go back to work.” Sungyeol muttered before turning and entering the café again.

Myungsoo watched Sungyeol leave sadly, sighing.

~~*~~

A few weeks passed and things seemed

Please log in to read the full chapter