Step Two: Her Life

Instant Noodles, Instant Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Step Two: Her Life

 

“Everyone, come buy some fruits! Fruits that are yummy and good for the body!”

 

“Fresh vegetables in affordable prices!”

 

“Low prices for newly caught fishes this morning!”

 

Loud voices from the street market woke her up just like how it usually does every single day. And to be honest, those noises from vendors were way better than any alarm clock she had. The best thing about it was that there’s no need to buy battery replacements. More money to a lot for her other expenses like rent, electric bill and so on. As what she often tell herself, “So many bills to pay, so little time.”

 

She did a little stretching before she finally rise from her bed to start her day. She looked around and a memory flashed in her mind. She recalled the time when her friends visited her at home and all of them look shocked when they saw her home. They were all saying that the rent did not justify the size of the room. Quoting them, they said, “This is not just a humble abode but rather a poor attempt of a house! Goodness! I’m in league with you when it comes to money but this just takes the cake for poverty.”

 

To be honest, she was offended by their words but she knew that it was just out of concern for her. No matter what they say about her house, for her, it was still a home. Even with all the stained walls that has been covered with a beautiful night sky wallpaper once. And who is she to complain? The rent’s lower than the rest of the ‘for-rents’ near the university.

 

Her nose twitched for no reason and just a habit that she can’t get rid-off. Not that she was trying to do so. She did a few more stretching before she whispered to the air, “Another day to live by.” 

 

There were no truer words than that for her. It’s just another day for her to survive and live her life to the best of her abilities. Her old friends can’t believe that she’s still the same as ever since she entered a famous university that caters to the elites of their society. Like her old friends, most students she met in the university can’t believe that someone of her status managed to get in. Of course, they were not aware of the scholarship offered by the university as they have money to get in there. None of them knew that she was barely surviving every day and fighting the harsh reality thrown in by life for an orphan like her.

 

The funny thing was that some of her friends, new and old, thought that she was lying to them and that she was pretending to be poor. How she wished that was the case! They kept on urging her to tell them the truth about herself and sworn they would never tell a soul about it. Just that thought made her smile this morning. The truth that they wanted her to say was that she was someone from nobility

Please log in to read the full chapter