Step One: His Life

Instant Noodles, Instant Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Step One: His Life

 

“Good morning, Korea. This is…”

 

He was awakened by the sudden noise that came from the television. He guessed it was the TV since it sounded like one of those announcers in a morning news show. Half dazed, he knew that he turned off the TV before he went to sleep last night. He made sure of it as his mother often scolds him about leaving it on for the whole night. He can already hear his mom nagging him.

 

“It’s such a waste of energy and money. Leaving it on for a while may also cause fire.”

 

He smiled at the thought of it. Yawning, he stretched his arms before he managed to rise from the bed. He walked towards the noisy TV that interrupted his much needed sleep to turn it off. After turning it off, the room was enveloped in silence and he was about to go back to the bed for a few more hours of sleep when he caught a whiff of a very familiar scent in his room. The spicy, sweet scent was definitely familiar. It was her favorite scent after all and the fact that she was the only one who was brave enough to go inside his room when he was sleeping. Aside from his mom.

 

A small smile curved into his lips as the face of his fiancée popped in his mind. He walked towards the window of his room and looked outside. He was looking at the lively streets of Seoul. How he miss seeing this sight! Living in Japan made him realize how he prefers being home. Looking at the happy faces of the people on the streets made him smile more. They just look so blissful. Observing people from afar was one of his favorite past times. For him, the view of Seoul’s streets was like one big television.  

 

He often sees men ogling every women wearing short skirts and tube tops or any woman who got all the curves in the right places pass by. Old ladies trying their best to haggle prices with the street vendors. Children running all over the place and not mind how dangerous for them to play on the streets without the strict supervision of their parents. Then almost everyone stopping at one of the stalls to enjoy some good old street foods. Seeing them with that satisfied face after eating

Please log in to read the full chapter