Final

Wishes

The whole place was filled with childish laughter – one that never fails to cheer up everyone at the mansion.

 The two brothers were playing again and the maids can’t help but watch as the two young masters roam the wide gardens chasing each other with wide smiles on their faces.

“Master Jonghyun! Master Dongwoo! Your parents have returned.” Their trusted butler – Choi Siwon – called and this managed to catch the attention of the twin brothers. Their smile widen before they ran to the mansion’s lobby – hand in hand.

Siwon laughed at the cuteness of the twins before following after them.

“PAPA, MAMA!!!” The twins squealed before attacking their father in to a hug. Their father accepted the both of them with a small ‘umph’ before twirling them.

“Were back! How are my little dinosaurs?” The father cooed and the twins giggled before replying with a ‘RAWR!’ that didn’t fail in making their father and mother smile wide.

“Alright that’s enough; it’s time for little dinosaurs to sleep.” the twins both pouted at that and whined. It took all their parents will to not give in to their cute son’s pouting before leading the twins to their bedroom.

“Are you going to read us a bed time story mama?” Jonghyun asked as his little fingers were gripping his mother’s slender one. Behind them, Dongwoo squealed in joy from his position in his father’s arms.

“Yay! Bedtime stories! Can you mama?” Dongwoo asked and gave his mother the best puppy face he could make. Their parents only laughed at their son’s adorableness.

“Whatever you want my little dinosaur, but only after you have finished preparing for bed.” Dongwoo nodded with enthusiasm before running towards the bathroom after his father placed him down – Jonghyun hot on his heels.

After the twins were settled down and their father has left for his study room, their mother made herself comfortable on the chair beside the wide bed of the twins.

“Tonight I’ll be telling you about the moon fairies.” Their mother said with a soft smile. Exited smiles graced the twin’s mouth when they heard about it.

“Yay, Fairies!” Jognhyun exclaimed and Dongwoo nodded in agreement. Their mother only chuckled before starting her tale.

“It was said that if you ever wished for something so hard a moon fairy would visit you to grant it.” Their mother said in a mysterious voice. The twins gasped in excitement as they waited for their mother to continue – and she didn’t disappoint.

“Moon fairies are creatures that live at the moon, every full moon, all of them will visit earth to grant wishes. But they don’t grant just any wish. It has to be a wish that you so desperately want to come true…” the twins were listening intently to their mother’s story with twinkling eyes. After the story came to an end, questions were immediately raised.

“Are Moon fairies real mama?” Jonghyun asked. His mother only chuckled as she fixed the big blanket that wrapped the twins.

“I don’t know honey, it’s only a legend.” Their mother answered. Jonghyun pouted (Dongwoo was already fast asleep beside him) before finally closing his eyes.

Never did the twins know that was their last happy moment with their parents.

For the next day, the whole mansion was swallowed up in flames.

With the twins the only sole survivors.


“It’s another full moon Jjong.” Dongwoo stated. The twins were at their parent’s tomb in the middle of the night – the both suddenly missed them and visited. This was completely normal as they always do this since that wretched fire happened.

After the fire, the twins were left with all of their riches and were taken in by their butler’s family. When the both of them entered middle school, they left the Choi household and lived on themselves.

Despite on a lot of changes happening to them, there was one thing that didn’t. They were still together and had no future plans of ever leaving each other’s side. It was a promise they made on their parent’s funeral and a promise they intend to fulfill no matter what happens and yes – they would even die together.

“I can see that Woo.” Jonghyun muttered back. Dongwoo gave a soft chuckle before lying on his back on the grass – staring at the moon. It took Jonghyun a second before he followed suit.

“Do you remember mama’s story? About the moon faries?” Dongwoo asked. Jonghyun looked at his brother and saw him still staring at the moon – not even sparing him a glance.

“What are you wishing for Pink Dino?” Jonghyun asked.  Dongwoo was silent for a moment before turning back to Jonghyun and giving him one big gummy smile.

“For mama and papa to return back from the dead.” Jonghyun shook his head before looking back at the moon, this time to try making a proper wish.

“You can’t wish for that. What if it really came true and our parents returned as skeletons? Would you like that?” Dongwoo pouted at that before looking back at the moon.

“Then what should we wish for then?” Dongwoo challenged and this didn’t fail in making Jonghyun laugh. His brother really never lost his innocence even though he is the older out of the two of them. And that’s what Jonghyun is determined to protect.

“You should wish for something like going back in time so that we could at least warn every one about the fire.” Jonghyun replied. Dongwoo was silent for a few seconds before he hummed in agreement.

“I guess you’re right.” Dongwoo commented and Jonghyun snorted.

“When was I ever wrong?” Cue a hard shove from Dongwoo that managed to flip Jonghyun and made him release a hearty laugh.

“So, is that your wish?” The twins both stood up in alert when two voices spoke together. Their hands immediately linked in reflex as the both of them frantically looked around for the source.

Dongwoo grabbed Jonghyun’s arm before hiding himself behind him – also tightening his hold on Jonghyun’s hand out of fear.

“Up here.” Both the voice said again and the twins whipped their heads up and sure enough – there were two floating figures. The floating figures held on a poker face as they stared directly at the twins.

“W-what are you?” Jonghyun bravely asked. The taller of the two floated towards Jonghyun before giving him a smile.

“We are your Moon fairies. What is your wish?” And this was the last straw.

Dongwoo freaked out and ran. To his mistake, he was still holding tightly at Jonghyun’s hand so Jonghyun was also dragged as Dongwoo ran back to their apartment.

 “You forgot your phones.” Another voice said behind Dongwoo. Dongwoo turned back and shouted in surprise when he saw the face of the other fairy an inch close to his and he immediately ran towards Jonghyun’s waiting arms.

They were both back at their apartments and to their horror; the two floating figures were there – having followed them. Jonghyun already had it, why were these lunatics following them.

“Alright, what the do you want?” Jonghyun asked. Having enough of what happened while tightening his hug on the trembling figure of Dongwoo. From the corner of his eye, he could see the one who surprised Dongwoo looking at them in worry.

“We already told you, were Moon fairies. And as much as we’d love to leave and go back to the moon – we can’t. Not until we grant your wish.” The taller one answered again and Jonghyun released an exasperated sigh.

“I don’t give a flying on whatever you are or… whatever. Just leave! You’re scaring my brother!” Jonghyun exclaimed in anger. Dongwoo was griping on him like a life line and Jonghyun hated that – it was like the fire all over again.

“WERE YOU EVEN LISTENING!” The taller shouted. Dongwoo jumped from Jonghyun’s arms and if possible Jonghyun’s glare intensified – making the one who surprised Dongwoo float back in surprise and raise his arms in the air.

“Were sorry okay? Now if you really want us to leave then at least give us a wish.” The shorter one said. Jonghyun hissed before looking around – finally giving in and thinking of a wish.

“I-I want mama and papa…” Dongwoo muttered and Jonghyun and the two Moon fairies defiantly heard that. The shorter one’s eyes softened before he floated towards Dongwoo – but not close enough because he was still encaged in Jonghyun’s arms.

“Is that what you want?” Dongwoo peaked at him (Because Jonghyun was still holding him tightly) before slowly nodding. The other man smiled softly before saying again.

“I can’t grant that but if you want, I can let you get a glimpse of them.” The other man offered again. Dongwoo looked deflated before breaking out in a smile.

“I don’t care, as long as I get to see them.” Dongwoo stated before getting out of Jonghyun’s arms. Jonghyun was still in shock at everything that it was already too late when he saw Dongwoo going to the other man and they both disappeared.

“HYUNG!” Jonghyun shouted at where Dongwoo and the man last tood before disappearing. Jonghyun immediately looked towards the tall man pointed at him. “Yah! Where did your friend bring my brother!?”

“Relax, Hoya is just fulfilling your brother’s wish.” The fairy replied. Jonghyun let out a frustrated huff before pacing around the room.

“You wanted a wish right?” Jonghyun asked and this perked the fairy up and he eagerly nodded at him. “Bring my brother back here.” The fairy seemed to think this through before breaking into a sheepish smile.

“I’m sorry but I can’t. The wish has to be something that you desperately want to be granted… and not something out of a whim.” Jonghyun scowled once more before taking a deep breath and closing his eyes.

Silence enveloped the both of them as no one attempted to start a conversation. Jonghyun felt the place next to him sink and he guessed the fairy sat himself.

“I’m Onew.” Jonghyun jerked his face towards the fairy and blinked. Onew only stared at him with a smile and this made Jonghyun let out a deep sigh.

“I’m Kim Jonghyun.”


Three days have passed, and yet Dongwoo is still not back. Jonghyun knew he should be worried but he wasn’t – he had been reassured by Onew that Hoya will not do anything to his brother and for some reason Jonghyun’s being decided to trust him.

“What is this godly thing?” Onew asked between his munches. It was already lunch time and Jonghyun decided to order Chicken take-out.

“It’s called fried chicken. Do you like it?” Onew nodded furiously while taking a bit out of a leg. Jonghyun laughed at that before going back to eating. “Slow down or you might choke yourself.” Jonghyun reminded as he gave Onew a glass of water – to which Onew gratefully accepted and chugged down.

This was their natural happenings during the three days – Onew waiting for Jonghyun’s wish and Jonghyun trying to save Onew from his clumsiness. (Which wasn’t really hard because Jonghyun had some experience with Dongwoo.)

Not to mention Jonghyun felt like it was his responsibility to take care of him since he is the reason why Onew can’t return to the moon – and no, don’t give him crap about not his fault for having no wish because Jonghyun damn knew well he did. It’s just that his wish had unexpectedly changed in the course of three days as Onew unconsciously made Jonghyun rethink his life choices.

All he ever wanted in his life was to provide Dongwoo with everything he needed (Out of the both of them Dongwoo was the one most traumatized by the fire) and also to find out what really happened on that night.

And never once has that changed.

But now, as Jonghyun stares at Onew holding his 10th piece (He thinks) of chicken all of that is crumbling down in the dust.

He seriously needs Dongwoo right now for he is the only one who could erase all his doubts with his warm presence and big smile.


Two more weeks passed and for some reason Dongwoo isn’t back yet. This made Jonghyun really worried and no amount of soothing from Onew would help him. This was also the time that - for the first time after their first meeting - Jonghyun shouted at Onew.

And he immedietly regreted it - because Onew had on the most hurt expression Jonghyun saw on a person (And yes, he has never seen Dongwoo show it no matter how harsh Jonghyun became with him).

"How about you wish for it?" Onew suggested after a moment of silence where Jonghyun was still staring in guilt at him.

"But I thought you were not allowed to mess with someone's wish?" Jonghyun dumbly asked because he remembered corectly Onew saying those exact words to him when he first asked for Dongwoo to be returned.

Onew blinked at him before releasing that gummy smile of his that for some unknown reason always makes Jonghyun nervous. (That explains the fast beating of his heart right?)

"That's true, but we won't be doing anything to Dongwoo - we would only look into where he is now." Onew explained and Jonghyun nodded in understanding before the frown is back to his face.

"If I can't have him back then what's the use of wishing? I would only waste it in where I can use it for far more important ones." Jonghyun said and for the very first time, Jonghyun saw Onew was ready to snap - and he did.

"THEN WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT! And don't give me that bull about having none because we both know you have one!" Onew shouted. Jonghyun was surprised for a moment - and also hurt - but it was immediately replaced with anger. Who does he think he is to judge him?

"Stop talking like you know me so well! Because we also both know you know and the only good thing you could do is to assume!" Jonghyun replied back and this snapped Onew in his anger (He was never one to stay angry long - unlike Hoya) and without his knowledge - tears started streaming down his face - making Jonghyun pause in shock. Did he went to far?

The answer showed himself when Onew immediately flew out of the window to who knows where.

And to make matters worst - not a minute after Onew flew out - Dongwoo came crashing on the room from the door with the biggest smile on his face ang Hoya trailing behind him - smiling softly at Dongwoo.


Turns out it was Dongwoo himself who begged Hoya to stay who knows where (Both of them didn't speak a word to where they really went - where their parents are - something about someone punishing them if they did tell) and Hoya couldn't say no because - hey, Dongwoo was the one who made the wish and he only has to fulfil it to the best of his abilities.

Hoya aslo left that night (along with the promise of regularly visiting Dongwoo - Jonghyun didn't really listen to the rest of their conversation because he noticed the to of them where getting a lot closer and he wasn't liking it one bit - its the overprotective brother side of him that's talking)

After Hoya left for the moon, Dongwoo looked around the house and it didn't take a genius to figure out who he was looking for.

"Where's the other one Jjong? Onew was it?" Jonghyun only stared at him before nodding abd ploping himself on their couch.

"I think I messed up, Dino." this made Dongwoo crease his eyebrows before sitting himself beside him and soothingly rubbed his back - making Jonghyun immediately relax at the familiar feeling of having his twin brother back - they have never been separated for this long before.

"There, there, tell me whatever it is that's bothering you." and he did. The whole time Jonghyun was telling him everything what happened after Dongwoo and Hoya disapeared - Dongwoo's face remained passive and there was no hint of judging - he was only pressing Jonghyun to let out all of his feelings - to which Jonghyun was thankful of.

After he finished telling the story, the both of them were basked in silence while Dongwoo let everything sink in and Jonghyun was waiting for Dongwoo.

"You really care about him, huh?" Dongwoo asked after a few moments. Jonghyun looked at him in shock before burrying his face in his hands and groaning.

"Maybe, maybe not." Jonghyun grumbled before standing up and started pacing around the place - hand burried on his head. "I don't know!" Jonghyun exclaimed in exasperation.

Dongwoo tried to hide the smile bloomong on his face - someone finnaly caught his brothers attention. Before, Jonghyun was so caught up in taking care of Dongwoo he had no time to look for someone to take care of him. (Dongwoo does but they're twins so it doesn't count.)

And now that someone did, Dongwoo was not about to let the opportunity pass.

"I need to look for him." Jonghyun said and Dongwoo looked at him in alarm - immedietly grasping his arm before he could reach the door.

"No you can't!" Dongwoo exclaimed. Jonghyun looked at him like he lost his mind before Dongwoo shook his head and stared at Jonghyun's eyes - determination hardening it.

"I have a plan."


It was another full moon.

Onew came back after a day while furiosly spouting apologies. Jonghyun let out a big sigh in relief and - at the heat of the moment - hugged Onew tightly - surprising the both of them. But before Jonghyun could pull back, Onew was already hugging him back.

Now that was all behind and the only thing Jonghyun should be thinking now is his wish.

What was his wish again?

"Damn dino for not thoroughly thinking this plan through." Jonghyun cursed in his mind as he gave Dongwoo - who was with Hoya, again - a glare. Dongwoo - seemingly aware of what Jonghyun is thinking - only smiled at him sheepishly and trying to avoid his gaze.

All of this was Dongwoo's plan. And Jonghyun failed to see how this was going to work.

"So what is your wish?" Onew excitedly asked. Jonghyun turned back at him (Making Dongwoo sigh in relief) and smiled softly - also thinking the same thing.

After a few moments of silence, Jonghyun already know what to say.

"I want to know what really happened on the night our house burned." Jonghyun stated and both Onew and Dongwoo widen their eyes.

"W-wait! Jonghyun what are you saying?" Dongwoo asked in confusion but all he got as an answer was a confident smile before Jonghyun looked back at Onew and nodded at him.

Onew was still in shock. But he regained his senses when he saw the determination in Jonghyun's eyes and he smiled to himself - even though it wasn't what Onew expected but it was  something that Jonghyun really wanted.

Onew nodded with a smile but before he could fullfil the wish - Jonghyun's voice stopped.

"That was the first of my wishes. So make sure to be back by next full moon so that you can fullfil my other one." Onew looked - again - in shock at Jonghyun. But Jonghyun only looked at him in embarasment while his cheeks were slowly turning pink.

Onew didn't try hiding the huge smile taking place on his face - and let's not forget the growing blush - as he figured out the meaning behind Jonghyun's words.

As Jonghyun and Onew were both lost in their own little world - they weren't aware of a particular conversation happening.

"Told you Onew could do it." Hoya said to Dongwoo. He has Dongwoo in a back hug as the two of them observed the happenings in front of them.

Dongwoo turned to him and released that gummy smile that never fails in making Hoya's heart beat for who knows how many kilometers per hour.

"I never doubted you Hoaegi." Hoya tighten his hold and returned the smile back.


A/N: First off, sorry if there were any spelling mistakes or grammar because I made all of this in an app on my phone so I didn't really managed to check fully. Secondly, I'm sorry if this didn't have any relevant to the prompt ㅠ.ㅠ I really don't know what to write anymore. Third, hope you like this *^^* and lastly, I'm sorry if this . This is really the first time I made a fic solely for SHINee and I'm still adjusting to it. (Also the only pairings I ship are Jongkey and 2min... I didn't even know this - Jongyu - pairing *^^*.