Chapter 5

My Feelings For You?

 

'Min Yeon-ah, you should take a break for today.' You looked away from your books and at Wooyoung.



'What?'



'Like for you to stop revising for a day and come to the studio to see us practice.' The rest of the members turned to look at Wooyoung. 'Is that not okay with you guys?' He should really ask for their permission before putting things into his own hands. Min Jun and Nichkhun nodded at him. 'See, all of them agreed. You wouldn't be disturbing us.' You raised your eyebrow at him. All? ' And you can also give some advice to our singing' He whispered to you as he smiled widely.



'Fine, but not the singing. Please.'



'Yeah! Guys, we're out of here in 15 mins!' He flung his arm over your shoulder as he added. 'And please wear something else Yeon-ah.' 



You looked down at your outfit. 'What's wrong with hoody and pants? I wear this everyday.'



'Exactly my point.' You shook your head at him as you got your phone and headed to your books. 'No notes allowed in the dance studio.' 



'What?'



'Only phones are allowed.' You sighed and headed to the door where most of them are already gathered. 'Off we gooo!' 





'Can I not go?' You did not really want to meet more people when your in unknown territory. It would be hard to explain your relationship, especially when it's already weird enough. They were about to head to check on their hoobaes and Wooyoung was trying to drag you along. You have yet to grew accustomed to your new surroundings yet.



'If you would like to stay here alone and face someone who might just appear then why not, go ahead.' Wooyoung gets on your nerves a lot. How ​I wished he could just phrase his words nicely? Like, 'Yeon-ah, you might have to explain alone if you stay here, it's okay, they won't mind.' Yeah, that would be nice.

 

'Come on Min Yeon, let's go, it'll be fun!' NichKhun placed his hands on your shoulders and pushed you towards the door. Much better. 
 

 



'Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim' 7 boys around your age immediately bowed to the members as they entered, with you staying closely behind them. 


The members greeted them back as you bowed to them, when Wooyoung suddenly dragged you to the front. That was when you noticed someone trying hard not to smile at you in the middle of the boys. Im Jae Bum. 'Guys, this is just my sister, I dragged her here today so, don't have to worry about her.' Just his sister? What's with 'just'? If they don't have to worry about me, why bring me to the front and introduce me? Urghhh that brainless oppa.


The members started to bow at you individually and introduced themselves. You could not help but to grin when it came to Jae Bum. Hah. Who would have expected you guys to meet under such circumstance. 



'Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Kim Min Yeon, and I'm 17 this year.'


'So she's the same age as us?' Jackson pointed to himself, Mark and Jae Bum. You nodded slightly.


'Noona look like she's my age though.' Bambam said. Jae Bum coughed and you glared at him. 


'Okay, enough with introductions, let's get down to business.' Taecyeon clapped his hands together and everyone became serious. 'Show us what you've been practicing.' 


You made your way to the corner of the room where you could still see a bit of the dance but not disrupting anyone at the same time. 


When it came to Jae Bum again, you could not help but to laugh slightly and could not concentrate at all. After calming yourself down, you went back to watching them.


You clapped for them when they ended and you could see Jae Bum smirking at you while you curtseyed to him while you remained seated on the ground. That jerk thinks he's all good now eyh. The members went forward and started giving their comments, while you stayed segregated away from them. 


'So, now Min Yeon will give some comments on your performance.' You stared at him and quickly shook your hands, gesturing that you were not going to do anything of such. 


'No. You promised that I won't have to sing.' You whispered to Wooyoung, and you were sure that no one could hear you. 


'I did not promise you that you won't sing. And I'm just asking you to give some comments.' He just have to say that out loud. Like who in their right mind replies a whisper with an exclamation? 


'But what right do I have to give comments?' You whispered again.


'Noona you can sing?' You turned to look at Yugyeom. 


'Huh? He's just joking, I can't just appear out of nowhere and interrupt you guys. I shall erm, make my way back-'


'Noona~~~' Youngjae and everyone was looking at you anticipatingly.


You looked at Jae Bum and he nodded assuringly. Tsk. To think that I will be comforted by your gesture. No .


'Okay, fine, I'll give comments. You guys did great!' The irony. You gave them thumbs up while Wooyoung glared at you. Okay, fine, sincere comments then. 'Youngjae could control his volume, sometimes it comes out uneven, Jin Young,' You gave him a thumbs up and smiled. 'Jae Bum is a little, very little, shaky. As for the rest, I don't know much but I can tell that it was seriously great! I'm your number 1 fan!' You only commented on the vocals. Jae Bum nodded at you, finding your points accurate and Junho was also amazed. Not everyone can easily point out points of one's vocals.


'Noonaa sing for usss' Bambam whined. Everyone was looking at you expectantly. 


'I ca-'


'Yes, of course she'll sing!' Wooyoung took out his phone and scrolled through the list of songs. You looked around, trying to find a way out until you felt someone's hand on your shoulder and turned to see Jae Bum mouthing 'Hwaiting!' at you. 'Min, I only have one of those. And eh, this. Screw it, I'll just play it.' There was a few of which you always sung, Song JiEun - It's Cold, Ailee - You and I, some of Taeyeon's OSTs.


The intro of IU's Good Day blasted from Wooyoung's phone. Of all songs, that. I guess I shouldn't blame him since it's IU. But I haven't even mastered this yet. Everyone became quiet as they waited for you to start. That's a hard song. Especially the three notes. Everyone was thinking of the same thing.
 



As soon as you finished, everyone clapped loudly. 'Noona, you were awesome!' Yugyeom exclaimed as he gave you two thumbs up. 


'See, I told you so.' You looked at Wooyoung.


'You did not tell me anything.'


'Woo, stop being a jerk.' Khun hit him and you were very thankful. 'So I guess now it's our turn to perform?' 


The members went into formation as Heartbeat started playing. Jae Bum stood next to you while watching, which apparently the curious kids found weird and cheeky of him. They were nudging each other super noisily and you were amazed how none of the members did not stop the dance to scream about their noise level. Your eyes were glued onto their performance the entire time and you clapped loudly as soon as they ended. The members were soon staring at you and Jae Bum as they saw how close you were through the mirror. I guess they're of the same age, that's why, but did they really get that close so fast. It's, not even 10 minutes?


'Jae Bum ah, since when did you get so close to her eyh?' Jackson hit Jae Bum's arm which caused him to bump into you a little. You did not realise that you were standing this close. 


'You guys got close quite fast eh?' Min Jun asked Jae Bum before he could reply Jackson. He wanted to prevent the sensitive brother from killing Jae Bum before even hearing the situation out first. Wooyoung already looked as though he was all prepared to whip out an imaginary chopper which he had hidden in his pocket. 


'Oh hyung, she's my tablemate in school. So I guess we're close?' Jae Bum answered. You looked at Wooyoung and was relieved to see him relax a little bit. 


'Oh so that's the person you were texting?' You turned to Chansung and Wooyoung immediately tensed again. Oh god, I swear he is going to be the death of me. 


'Huh yeah.' 


'You said you did not talk to him during lessons.' Wooyoung looked at you. Urghh, not again.


'We did not talk during lessons on the first day. But we talked afterwards and the next day. Don't worry, I won't do anything to her. We didn't talk much anyways.' Jae Bum answered before you could. 


'You better not.'


'Wooyoung chillax~ It's not like Jae Bum's a bad guy or something. And we know him.' Nichkhun said. 'You're over protective.'


'I don't want to get killed by her brother. And it's for her own good.' Wooyoung shrugged. 


'Let's not do this here okay?' MinJun said as he patted Wooyoung. You were very apologetic because of the over-exaggeration due to Wooyoung again. It must have ruined the mood.


That made Jae Bum keep his distance from you, only when Wooyoung was in sight. And Wooyoung was not the only unhappy one, there were also two others constantly shooting daggers at Jae Bum.
 



From: Not Awesome Tablemate
You're not allowed to hang out with guys?


You raised your eyebrow at your phone.


To: Not Awesome Tablemate
I guess you can phrase it that way. He's just overreacting. He thinks every single guy out there is out to kill me or something. I'm sorry for the craziness just now.


From: Not Awesome Tablemate
Your singing was great. I didn't know that you could sing. Looks like I have to be aware when I walk you home now.


To: Not Awesome Tablemate
Thanks, but don't tell anyone about me singing. And why would you walk me home.


From: Not Awesome Tablemate
Okay, because 'it's not like Jae Bum's a bad guy or something.'

 


To: Not Awesome Tablemate
Yeah right.






Once again, Wooyoung was being a jerk as he was being gloomy the entire time. Why is he so childish?


'Oppaaa, we're just friendsss. It's not like we're gonna date or something. And trust me, I don't have any feelings for him.' You had to chunk everything into a sentence in case he decided to stop listening afterwards into your concersation. 


He looked at you. 'You sure?' You nodded. 'Then that's okay.' You saw Wooyoung looking away and turned to see NichKhun eyeing him. 'Okay, I'm sorry if I overreacted just now.' NichKhun smiled and nodded at Wooyoung.


'It's okay oppa.' Maybe staying with more oppas might be a good thing afterwards. There are more people to control him, protect you from your over protective brother.
 





Jae Bum was eyeing you weirdly since the start of school and you were getting very annoyed. 'If you continue staring, you might just start visioning me perfectly without my presence. Now what do you want.'


She's gonna kill me if I say it. I'm gonna get killed either ways. 'You like Junho don't you.'


Your head immediately jerked up as you stared at him. 'Huh what? No.' You tried to stay calm as you looked back to the front. 


'I saw the way you look at him. And you were only looking at him.'


'What? When? Who!'


'The day you came over. Do I have to spell out his name for you? Junho. L-EE J-'


'Shuttup.'


'Min Yeon-ie likes Junho~~~' 


With that, Jen turned around and startled you. 'Min Yeon! You like 2PM too?' You froze for a moment and nodded slowly. 'Oh my god, OH MY GOD. MEE TOOO! Wooyoung's mine! He's just so cute and adorable I can't even!' Now that's new. I should interrogate him when I reach home. Jae Bum laughed beside you. 'Who's your bias?' You thought for a moment.


'Anyone except for Wooyoung, since he's yours.' You winked at her and she high-fived you. Just then the teacher coughed, and Jen immediately turned back in front. 


'Im Jae Bum you are going to get it from me.' You muttered under your breathe.


'And then I'm gonna tell the whole world that you can sing.'


'Can you not?'


'Nope.' Oh my god.

 


After a few moments of ignoring Jae Bum, a particular question was urging you to talk to him.


'Oi.' You poked his feet with your pen. He removed his legs from his table and looked at you. 'Was it obvious?'


'What?'


Urghhh. 'It.'


You could tell that Jae Bum was getting annoyed. Serves you right. 'You said that I like Junho. Not that I actually like him that is.' You made sure that you added the second sentence. He eyed you. 'Just wanted to know how you came to that conclusion.'


'During 2PM's performance, you were staring at Junho throughout. Like from the start till the end.' I did? 'I wondered how your eyes could have not fell out from that intense staring. Not like he was shirtless or anything.' 


'WHAT?!?'


'Kim Min Yeon!' The teacher shouted.


'I am very sorry, teacher.' You bowed your head low. After making sure that the teacher got back to his teaching and yelling at anyone but you, you glared at Jae Bum.


'I didn't know he was THAT attractive.'


'Ahem.'


'I'm sorry for insulting your crush.' Jae Bum said as he propped his feet on the table again and prepared to sleep. 


'I said that I don't like him!' Jae Bum nodded. 


'What is the answer to the question. Kim Min Yeon?' The teacher was glaring at you again. Urghh. That bald eagle.


'x = 100748, cher.' You did not have to wait for the teacher to tell you that it was correct. 


'Even though it is correct, please make an effort to show that you are listening in class.'


'Yes, cher.' Oh god, wait till oppa sees my review. Since when did I became this rebellious. Must be Jae Bum's influence.
 


You said without looking at Jae Bum. 'Do you think the others can tell?'


'Yeah, if you're staring at him 24/7, anyone can tell.'


'What?' 


'Like when he returns. When he walks. When he talks. When he drops a grain of rice. When he-'


'Yah! I don't stare at him like 24/7 okay.'


'If you say so.' Jae Bum stopped talking and you turned back to look at him.


'You have yet to answer my question.'


Jae Bum sighed. 'As long as you don't drool when staring or make it obvious that you are staring, I guess no one will be able to tell? Anyways guys don't realize when girls actually likes someone.'


'So you're not a guy?'


'Yah, I'm trying to help over here.'


'Thanks.' You finally decided to pay attention. But a few seconds later, began doodling on your work instead. 'URGHH I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE.' You muttered as you scribbled all over the page. 'Oh .' 


'Idiot.'


'I heard that, Im Jae Bum-ssi.'

 

 

[A/N] I am really really really sorry for the late update again >< And I think this chapter really actually alot. I'll try my best to make it less crappier. The comments asking me to update soon, thank you really much, it kind of pushed me haha xD I'm really sorry for the crappy late update. The next update most probably would not be anytime soon coz my exams are coming up but I'll try to update immediately afterwards!

2PM's new MV was great! Haha xD They look real good and dorky xD