Chapter 4

My Feelings For You?

Jae Bum entered the classroom to find your bag in your seat but you were not around at all. Instinctively, he took out his phone to call you before he realized that your phone was buzzing on your table. Where did she go? He flipped over your phone and it lit up NOT AWESOME TABLEMATE just as he was about to hang up. He looked at his phone dialing for you while he looked at yours in his other hand. Is that? Me? He stared at your phone for a moment before hanging up. Just after he hung up, your phone lit up again. 1 MISSED CALL - NOT AWESOME TABLEMATE What's with the contact name seriously? 

 

Right before it unlit, Jae Bum realised something and immediately clicked on your phone again to check. There it was, WOOYOUNG OPPA below the missed call. It must be a coincidence haha? Jae Bum became stunned as he continued reading. 


From: Wooyoung Oppa
Hey, forgot to tell you that we won't be able to fetch you today. Tons of schedules. Taec will end earlier, s...


Is it really that sunbae? He mentioned schedules and Taec too. He wanted to unlock your phone but decided against it and started thinking. But Jang Wooyoung and Kim Min Yeon? Their surnames aren't the same... Oh yeah, she said something bout childhood oppa. So the childhood oppa is Wooyoung sunbae? It can't be. But I was sure those two guys who fetched her were Wooyoung and NichKhun?


Just when he was about to rip his hair out in frustration, you came back and sat down beside him. 'HEY!' You waved in front of his face and he immediately snap back to reality. 


'Oh, hi. Where were you?' Jae Bum asked, trying not to look at your phone.


'I was looking for the washroom.' It suddenly struck him that he did not show you the way to the toilets the day before. 


'. I forgot bout the washrooms yesterday.' Jae Bum scratched his head as he looked down. Wow, you're such a genius.


'It's okay! It din't take much time anyways.' 


'Sorry bout that still. I tried calling you but saw your phone on the table. By the way I think someone texted you.' Maybe she'll tell me about it.


You looked at your phone and read the text.


From: Wooyoung Oppa
Hey, forgot to tell you that we won't be able to fetch you today. Tons of schedules. Taec will end earlier, so he might be able to fetch you. You'll have to check with him though. Be careful!


Taecyeon? Alone? Your hopes of someone fetching you were dashed. Why would he even fetch me. You read the text again and realised that you had no means of contacting Taecyeon as you did not have his number, and it was not like he would want to be with you anyways. 


Jae Bum saw your expression when you read the text. He hesitated before he asked,'Childhood Oppa? Is something wrong?' 


'Yeah, not much actually. Just that I have to go home alone coz I can't contact who he wants me to contact.' You nodded as you sent Wooyoung back a short reply asking him to not worry about you.


'I can bring you home if that's okay with you.' So is it really Wooyoung? It seems like it to him but he can't actually believe it. 


'Nono, it's okay actually! I can go back by myself.' You quickly rejected him as he looked at you wierdly. 'It's just that I'll get killed by Oppa if he finds out.' You added, not wanting him to misunderstand. 


Jae Bum was trying hard to think of a way to find out your childhood oppa's identity throughout the entire day until you asked him an unexpected question. It was during the break and both of you decided to stay in class while you organized and went through your work.


'Oh! Jae Bum, what did you mean by jumping around yesterday!' He froze, forgetting that you said that you'll talk about it that day. Suddenly, an idea came to his mind. Maybe I could get her to tell me about her childhood Oppa in turn of me telling her? 


'Oh, about that... I have a question too' It doesn't harm anyone to tell just her right? You looked at him, urging him to ask. 'Who's your childhood oppa?' He saw you froze as your mouth hung opened. Maybe it is him. You did not know what to say, at the same time not wanting to lie to him too. But who just goes about telling people if their brother is an idol? It just seems wrong. Jae Bum took out his notebook and wrote on it and passed it to you. 


Is it, Jang Woo Young sunbae? (from 2PM)


You read the note at least three times before looking back at Jae Bum. You looked at the note again and back and Jae Bum again. He knows?!? But he won't tell anyone correct? Why woud he? He's my friend! 


'How did you know?' You nodded slightly before asking him. 


'I kinda saw the contact name and the preview of the text when I saw your phone. And yesterday. I'm really sorry.' So it is him. 


'Oh.' Was all you could say as you processed what just happened. You looked at the note again and noticed the word 'sunbae' and looked at Jae Bum questioningly. I am so not going to end this conversation without knowing something too. Just when Jae Bum thought that he made you upset by finding out, he was stunned by your question again. What a tense break time it was.'But why did you write 'sunbae'?' 


. Why did I not realise that. Let's just get this over with since she already told me. He took back his paper and scribbled on it before passing it back to you.


Ummm... Uhhhhh... I'm kinda a trainee at JYPE. So that makes him my sunbae. Sunbae. Yeah.


You read it over and over again and looked at Jae Bum. 'So that's why you were jumping around?' You tried to link the stuff together and eyed him from head to toe. Yeah he does look fit for the role. The trainee role that is. 


He nodded at you. 'Looks like everything just got exposed haha.' You nodded back at him. 'But secret yes?' You nodded again. You were about to get back to your work again before he talk to you again. 'You sure you don't need me to bring you home?' You raised your eyebrow at him. I thought this topic was long over. 'I just thought it might be okay if they kinda know who is bringing you home.' 


'If you insist?' 
 


After school, Jae Bum did decide to walk you home. You stopped at the gate for a few moments to look around for Taecyeon but knew he weren't there before moving on. What if he was planning to fetch me but will be late and can't contact me? 


'By any chance, do you have Taecyeon oppa's number?' You asked Jae Bum as you walked. 


'Nope. Why?'


'I'm not sure if he's fetching me. I don't think so though. I don't have his number.' You thought of it for a moment. 'I don't have any of their numbers.' And shrugged at yourself. 


'So you're living with them?' 


'Yeah'


'So I'm closer to you than those who you live with seeing that I got your number?' You eyed him. He was starting to annoy you. 


'Their all older than me! And I kinda just 'Poof!' appeared in their lives and destroyed their living routine. It's hard to get close to them.'


'What makes you think that your appearance isn't destroying MY living routine.' You looked at him as he shrugged. 


'I bet you wouldn't mind me destroying yours as I'm just too awesome, that's why it changed drastically. Awww, your welcome.' You ruffled his hair while you said it.


Jae Bum stared at you. Nobody dared to do that to him. 'Uhhh. Nooo. Get your head straight.' He flicked your head.


'It IS straight. Why? Does it look horizontal to you?' And just like that both of you bickered all the way to the dorm like you knew each other for a long time.

 


'Bye dork!' You stuck out your tongue at him as he waved back. Your throat was starting to hurt from talking so much. 'Thank you!'


'No prob!' He waved you off backwards as he was already walking away. That fella thinks he's an idol already hmpth.
 


You entered the dorm to find it empty. Looks like his schedule hasn't ended yet. Anyways it's a good thing for you as you did not have to face the awkwardness that early. 
 


'I'm back.' Taec slammed the door, despite knowing that there's no one there to hear him. The press conference finally ended, however, it was dragged into his lunch and he no longer felt like eating. I shall just dig from the fridge hoping for food to miraculously appear. Fortunately, it was the only schedule of his day and he have the rest of the day for himself so who's complaining? Not him. The others had all sorts of things to do I wonder how could they still have so much energy when they are even more deprived from sleep as compared to me. Without putting down his bag, he headed straight to the kitchen to find a plate of egg rolls and fried ham on the table with a small note with tiny handwriting.


Oppa-s:
For those who are hungry, if you want rice its in the rice cooker. Even though it's little, I hope that it suits your taste. If you need more, feel free to tell me. Don't worry about interrupting my revision. 

Min Yeon 


It was then he suddenly notice Min Yeon sitting on the floor with her head lying on a stack of books. He nearly forgot that you have moved in with them.


'Min Yeon?' No reaction.


As he sat down next to you, he realized that you were asleep, with your uncapped pen still in your hands. Aigoo... This person sure knows how to overwork herself and still tell us to not worry interrupting her revision. Sighing, he kept your pen and carried you onto Woo's bed in the room he shared with Junho. Luckily Woo tidied his bed despite his long ago move to the living room. I have to say he is quite neat as compared to maknae. 


This was the first time he have ever carried a girl or gotten close to any girl apart from his dramas, and you looked very innocent and sweet while sleeping that he can't help but to stare at you, until he realized that you were still in his arms. He gently placed you down and untied your ponytail, putting the hair-tie on your wrist. She looks better with her hair down yet she always tie it up as soon as its dry. Maybe I should hide her hairbands someday.


Before he left the room, he turned back to make sure you were comfortable. I noticed her first. I will not just let her leave like that again.



- Flashback -

Every time he came back to America, he had to make sure to buy dried mangoes for the members. Or else he would get slaughtered by them. Especially that maknae. How could he treat his hyung like that just because I forgot to get mangoes a few times. 


He made my way to his usual place for the oh so precious dried mangoes to find a girl lingering there too. Her hair was down and at first glance he could tell that she was a Korean. Something in her also seemed to attract him and he just could not stop himself and headed to greet her. It isn't exactly very common to find someone from the same home country overseas.


'Yah, what are you looking for, how long has it been already?' He stopped in his steps as a guy bent down next to you. Oh no, please don't tell me that she's taken. Wait, what are you even thinking about now Taec?! You must be out of your mind.


'Oppaaa, what can I get for him? Mangoes?' She was so cute I can't even.


'Why are you even getting him anything? It's not like his birthday or anything.'


'But, I... Okay fine. Fine fine fine fine fine. You jerk.' 


'Just get mangoes, he'll like whatever you like. Or I would make him do so.' And he randomly grabbed a pack and pushed you away.


Wait. So now there's this other guy? Why is this happening? When he finally gathered his thoughts, you were long gone. When would I be able to meet her again...

- End of Flashback - 



It was like fate when you came into the dorm and with all the you are living here stuff. Just that the bits and pieces of random Wooyoung moments was not exactly pleasing to him. 


On the other hand, Junho also felt the same, with your appearance and your move into his room. It was as if he could finally have a break. But not exactly when he remembers the clause in the contract.
 


You woke up to see Junho beside your bed. For a moment you thought that you were still sleeping. But you did not know how long it took for him to wake you up. 


Junho came back to find you sleeping and Taec in his room. He still had this mini heart attack whenever he saw you. He decided to let you sleep but soon it was 7pm and you had to have your dinner. Taec was back to being his indifferent self and it all depends on Junho. He looked at you sleeping as he did not know how to wake you up. 'Min Yeon?' No response. 'Min Yeon-ie?' A little louder. He then knelt down next to the bed and started poking you but you did not show any signs of waking up. Junho had totally no idea of how to wake you up. After much hesitation, he started to shake you gently by your shoulder. When you still did not react, he started to shake harder. 


Just then, you opened your eyes and he quickly took back his hand. You were still very blur as you clearly remembered that you were studying in the living room. How did I get here?


'It's time for dinner already Min Yeon' You looked at him and totally woke up. Dinner? Oh no, what time is it. 'It's 7 already.' With that, you sprang up and nearly collapsed back as you cracked your bone. 'You okay?' You could see that he was trying hard not to laugh at you as he helped you up. 


'Thank you! But you're mean.' You shook your head and went to wash up to wake yourself up and headed to the dining table. Taec had almost finished his food while Junho was waiting for you to start. 


'Hey! Quick, it's late already.' He gestured for you to sit next to him as you greeted them and started eating. You looked at your unpacked homework on the living room table and realised that someone must have carried you into the room. And you suddenly realised that your hair was untied. Crap, I'm really heavy.


'Um, the other oppas aren't back yet?' 


'Nope, it's just me and Taec hyung.' Junho replied while smiling at you and you nodded. You glanced at Taec and Junho a few times while eating. It can't be Taec. He hates me. So I guess I have to find some time to thank Junho. Anyways I'm really really heavy.

 

 

[A/N] I really hope it's okay >< hehe. By the way I won't put Jae Bum together with her, he'll just be a very close friend. Managed to update this coz National Day Parade in school was finally over yesterday and I no longer have to attend rehearsals haha.