Chapter 1

You're Special To Me

With a gasp, she jerked awake from her sleep and sat up. The lamp on her nightstand was switched on as she tried to calm her racing heart. Stephanie couldn’t understand why she was having those dreams. She closed her eyes as tears fell, and replayed the dream again before it could disappear from her thoughts.

 

Stephanie step through a tall pure white door with golden linings wearing a puffy white dress and a shining tiara. Her hands clasped together, she walked with her head tall as if she was a princess. Her two sisters trailed behind her, Sunny on her left and Tiffany on her right. From above they formed a triangle.

Bright light entered her vision as claps echoed throughout the room. All eyes were on her and her sisters as they proceeded to the center of the room. Two blurry figures stood in front of them, a man and a woman. The man wore a white suit with a sword hanging from his belt, he looked like a fairy tale prince, and in fact he wore a golden crown on top of his head. Beside him must be his queen, wearing a golden tiara and a sparkly white dress.

The man cleared his throat and began to speak. His words were unclear, as if he was talking in water. After his… speech, there was more applause followed by cheerful cries of “All hail the king and queen.”

But a high pitched scream followed by a loud growl interrupted the party. Red splattered on the white marble floor. Stephanie felt herself being pushed to the door she and her sisters’ entered. The sound of swords clashing, people screaming and orders being barked out echoed throughout the room. The once beautiful room became a war-zone.

A familiar scream made Stephanie turn her head back. A body fell to the floor, followed by the clanking of the golden tiara falling from her head. Blood stained the queen’s white dress and a red pool started forming around her. Another body fell beside the lady; the king has fallen beside his queen, stained in blood.

“Umma! Appa!” Stephanie heard herself yell out before the door to the room slammed close in her face. Her vision blurred as she felt tears forming.

 

“Unnie?” a soft voice called out from beside her. Stephanie wiped away her tears before glancing to her side, where a sleepy girl laid. “Did you have a nightmare?”

 

Stephanie shook her head, not wanting to trouble her. “It’s nothing Sunny. Go back to sleep.” She wasn’t going to tell her sisters anything, it was all just a dream. No person can actually fly by themselves, and a wave of a stick can’t make anything appear. This is real life, not a fantasy novel.

 

Stephanie laid back on her bed and closed her eyes. She tried not to think of the dream she had and slowly let sleep take over.


 

Tiffany woke up to the sound of the door to the room she shared with her sisters open. She was a light sleeper. One of the caretakers of the orphanage stepped in with a warm smile. “It’s time to get up girls.”

 

The other girls stirred in their sleep as Tiffany sat up and rubbed her eyes. She nodded to the caretaker, who was already leaving, and moved to wake up her sisters. Sunny wasn’t that hard to wake up but Stephanie was a struggle. That girl loved her beauty sleep but that wasn’t the only case today.

She had heard the older girl waking up in the middle of the night last night; she heard the gasp and saw how frightened she looked followed by the tears that adorned her pretty face. Tiffany knew that it was pointless to question her about it; her older sister liked keeping secrets.

 

“Sunny,” Tiffany called her younger sister, “Why don’t you bathe first. I’ll try to wake up Stephanie unnie.”

 

Sunny obliged and skipped to the bathroom. Tiffany sat on her sister’s bed as beads of sweat formed on Stephanie’s forehead. She was having another nightmare. Tiffany shook her hard and the older girl finally woke up with a start.

“Want to tell me about it?” Tiffany asked.

The older girl shook her head and sat up. “It’s not something you should know about.”


 

Sunny walked around the orphanage, bored out of her wits. The other kids were playing outside but she didn’t want to join them. It’s been years since and she and her sisters came to the orphanage and they still hadn’t gotten along with the other orphans.

It wasn’t because the other kids were not friendly; it was because in the end they would eventually be separated. What’s the use of befriending them when you’ll never get to see them again when, if, they get adopted. This made her think of her sisters, maybe one day they will be separated. It was rare for more than one child to be adopted, as well as a child at the age of seventeen to be adopted. One more year here, and the sisters would have to get a job and move out.

 

She found herself in the library. It wasn’t really a real library, just a small room with books stacked up in a corner with a few couches near a fireplace. Sitting on one of them, she lost herself in her thoughts. Out of her sisters, she was always the curious one. None of them could remember their past. How they became orphans and how they ended up at the front door of the orphanage late one night, clothes tattered and covered in black soot. No matter how hard she tried to recall her memory, there was no luck. She couldn’t remember anything.

 

Sunny directed her attention to the fireplace where the fire that kept her warm lit. She never knew why but she liked watching the fire dance around, becoming larger and then smaller and then back to the original size. If fire was a person, then it’ll be her best friend.

 

“Sunny?” a voice called out from behind her. Said person turned around and saw a caretaker coming towards her. “You’re needed at the Head’s office.”

 

Sunny gulped. There was only one possible answer if a child was needed in the Head’s office; someone is here to adopt her.


 

***First chapter is up and I am very sorry for being on a hiatus for the whole 2014. I have no excuses, just blame my pathetic laziness. I would like to ask the readers if they would like Siwon or Nichkhun as Tiffany's pair, because I ship both pairing and I can't decide. The original pair is Sifany but since Khunfany's dating announcement, I'm debating which guy would be the werewolf. I'm leaning on Sifany but I would like your honest opinion. Oh and Stephanie is Yoona, there's a reason for that. ***