Love at first sight

A few things & Coffee
Please log in to read the full chapter

 Love at first sight...

Free on a nice day, with an abundance of time to go to my favorite coffee shop and relax. The sun shined brightly through the trees overhead; a small humming escaping me as I listened to the music playing in the nearby clothing shop. Breathing in the fresh air and singing a little; heading on my way to my favorite coffee shop.

Why is this my favorite coffee shop? You ask.

This coffee shop is my favorite not because of the simple décor and lavish exterior; but because of one person in particular. I come down to my paradise almost every day I am free of work; sometimes even late in the afternoon or really early in the morning. Hoping to see her, she, being so beautiful I could sing about her. Paint her if I could, if I had the art skills as such. Instead I just stare at her while she sits alone, sipping her latte. I wonder why she is so unique to me, why no matter how much I try to focus somewhere else; my eyes wonder back to her.

“Ah, here I am--”

I opened the door to my escape and the sounds of a piano caught my ears, making me hum along instantly. The other instruments blending perfectly, like the aroma in the small yet cozy place.

“Ah! Jongdae!”

“Hey” I bowed to my instructor.

“You off today?”

“Ne, figured I would come by and disappear in a cup of fresh coffee, before heading out--”

“Well you come to the right place my boy!”

 

I smiled at Yesung, he always made me feel comfortable and was like a big brother to me in a way. Walking towards him, wrapped in a bear hug from him; I returned the favor and followed him to prepare my own cup of coffee. Scanning the room for her, for the second reason this coffee shop became heaven to me.

“Hi, may I have a Chai Tea Latte please?”

My eyes darted to my right side, as she stood there talking to me. I couldn’t believe she was talking to me, so with the voice I managed to get out; the words. “Sure” fell out. She smiled at me and I began on her order; being so thankful I was taught how to prepare such things.

“What are you doing Jongdae?”

“She asked for a Chai Tea Latte--”

“You are off work and you come here and pick up a new job? What is it, you can’t do?”

I laughed at Yesung’ comment, smiling to myself, along with the song that began playing while I made her Chai Tea Latte. Mentally checking the steps off as I made her warm beverage.

1. Combine the spices

2.  Add and bring water to a boil….

This went on until her latte was finished, Checking the foam from the milk on top, before taking it to her. Preparing for a way to talk to her or at least hear her opinion on my creation. But when I brought, to her the latte, I became mute.

“Here you go--”

“Thank you” She smiled bookmarking her book and smiling at me. “Oh it looks so yummy.”

“Uh…huh--”

I smiled at her weekly, walking the other direction really fast, nervous all of a sudden. My heart was racing once I began my cup of coffee, roasting the beans and watching her as she sipped her beverage. A breathe of relief, as her face lit up at the taste; and the sight of her holding her latte dear to her. Smili

Please log in to read the full chapter