내게기대 (lean on me)

공사가 [ d a y d r e a m e r ] ☂ exo drabble collection

Title: 내게기대 (lean on me)
Pairing: Baekhyun/Kyungsoo
Genre: band!au, fluff (i guess)
Rating: G
Summary: Kyungsoo draws Baekhyun in like a magnet.


from my tumblr drabble here


 

                Baekhyun always finds himself waddling up next to Do Kyungsoo when they get off the plane at unholy hours of the day, rubbing his sleepy forehead into a narrow but sturdy shoulder as he yawns. It’s not exactly a matter of favoritism or preference; Baekhyun argues that his vocal practice partner is simply the easiest to find in the chaos sweeping through the airport despite him being fun-sized, despite the myriad of people surrounding them. Baekhyun’s always thought Kyungsoo sticks out with his perpetually gasping eyes and curved lips (or maybe, he just stares a little longer than usual at the smooth contours of his friend’s face during late nights playing truth or dare in the practice room when Junmyeon agrees to let them have break, maybe memorizes those features a little too quickly for it to be normal). Kyungsoo has a unique face, after all.

 

                But sometimes, the way Baekhyun searches for Kyungsoo is more than a coincidence. Even if he is the one who teases Kyungsoo the most about his shoulders, bumping the younger with his own broad ones with a cheeky grin on his face to prove his point, Baekhyun finds that he always wants to place his head in that particular region of sensitive topic. It’s not by chance when his eyes fall time and time again onto Kyungsoo during practice, during encore stages, during unconnected dots of time throughout the day. That is why when they board the plane again, sometimes twice in a single week, Baekhyun switches to autopilot and plops down in the seat next to Kyungsoo, smile warming its way up his face as he watches the main vocal gaze out the window with a pair of intrigued eyes. And then he leans over, shuffles a bit to get into a comfortable position, and sighs in content as he rests just there.

 

                "What are you doing?" Kyungsoo had asked the first few times Baekhyun had used him as a snug pillow. Now, he just leans back to give Baekhyun more space and properly cradle his head into the bend of his shoulder.

 

                "Tired again?" he hums instead, glancing down at the way Baekhyun is snuggled next to him, arms slack. He props his own head against Baekhyun’s soft hair, letting the strands tickle his ear.

 

                Quietly, Baekhyun nods. He’s always “tired” when Kyungsoo is sitting next to him. Ignoring the awkward dip in the seats between them, Baekhyun smiles. Perhaps it isn’t just coincidence when he stays awake with eyes closed because he isn’t sleepy but wants to rest his head on Kyungsoo for a little while longer. And perhaps it isn’t coincidence when Kyungsoo lets him, offering his shoulder every time.