Say The Words

Empty Words

“Hi, I’m U-Kiss from Soohyun.” The Leader said and instantly realized his mistake, covering his embarrassment with a laugh. He was more embarrassed than he cared to show. English was not his best language. He’d managed to get a grasp of Japanese, but English always stumped him. After their fan meeting they went back to the dorm. Soohyun sank into his bed with a heavy sigh.

“You okay Hyung?” Dongho asked as he put his stuff down.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Dongho huffed and went to sit on the leader’s bed.

“Liar” he said and poked Soohyun’s side. “Still bummed about your mess-up today?” the youngest asked, knowing how hard he could be on himself.

“Maybe…” He muttered attempting to bury himself in his blankets.

“Just ask Kevin or Eli to help you. You know they wouldn’t mind.” Soohyun moved the cover from in front of his face.

“Okay. It wouldn’t hurt.” Dongho nodded and gave the oldest on last pat on the thigh before heading to the kitchen to get something to eat. Soohyun mulled for a few more minutes before walking to AJ and Eli’s shared room. AJ was in the kitchen with the others and Eli was in the process of taking off his shirt when Soohyun peeked his head through.

“Yah, hyung knock. I could have been .” He said pulling his shirt over his head.

“Don’t be such a baby.” Eli rolled his eyes, tossing his shirt to the side.

“Sorry I will knock next time.” The younger smiled and motioned for the vocalist to come in.

“So, what’s up hyung?” The blond asked as he dug through his dresser drawer for a tank.

“Would you mind teaching me English?” Eli looked over at him confused.

“Why me? Why not ask Kevin?” Soohyun’s face dropped at the rapper’s not-so-subtle rejection.

“I-okay.” Eli grabbed Soohyun’s hand.

“Wait, I didn’t mean it like that Soo. I’ll teach you. I just thought Kevin would be a better choice. He’s a better teacher than I am.” Eli admitted awkwardly while Soohyun smiled and ruffled the younger’s hair.

“I wouldn’t have asked you to help if I didn’t think you’d be a good teacher.” They smiled at each other and Eli agreed to teach him.

A week had passed before they had time to have their first lesson.

“So I’ll teach you little phrases to say first. Fans will love it.” The leader nodded, getting comfortable. He was just happy the younger agreed to teach him. He always found ways to make boring things fun.

“Okay repeat after me. I’ll love you forever.”

“I’ll love you foreber.” Eli laughed

“Forever”

“Forever.” They continued like that for a few hours then decided it was time to eat. Eli praised the older on his learning skill. Even if Soohyun always put himself down, Eli really meant what he said and after every lesson he’d reassure the other.

After an interview one week, Kevin pulled Eli to the side when they got back to the dorms. Once in Kevin, Kiseop, and Hoon’s room the rapper let his confusion show.

“Kevin, what’s this about?” He asked truly confused.

“It’s about Soohyun and the English you’ve been teaching him.” Kevin clarified, motioning for Eli to sit on his bed.

“What’s wrong with his English? I thought he was doing pretty good.” The vocalist sighed sitting next to him. “He is. His speaking ability isn’t my concern. It’s the meaning behind these phrases you’re teaching him.” Kevin said hoping the older understood.

“Oh…so you caught onto that then.” Eli mumbled avoiding Kevin’s judging gaze.

“You’re in love with Soohyun aren’t you?” The brunette inquired with a smug smile.

“I, well, maybe. Ouch.” The blonde stuck his tongue out at Kevin while he rubbed the spot the younger just pinched.

“Tell the truth.” He said readying his fingers to pinch again.

“Yes, why else would I teach him cheesy stuff like ‘my heart beats for you.’ I’m a sap and it’s the only way I’d hear those words from him since he doesn’t like me like that.” The defeat on his face was saddening.

“How do you know? You should just talk to him.” Eli shook his head.

“Nope, if he doesn’t feel the same, things will get weird.” Without another word, he rose up from the bed and opened the door. His exit was halted when he saw Soohyun standing in the doorway about to knock.

“I hope I’m not interrupting anything. I just wanted to know if we were still having a lesson today.” The leader said his smile melting any depression that was starting to creep through him.

“Yeah Soo, just let me change.” He heard Kevin sigh but ignored it and went to his room to switch clothes.

After he changed, they settled down on the floor face to face like always.

“Okay, so what do you want to start off with today?” Eli asked and the leader thought for a moment.

“Let’s do more of those phrases for fan service. I like those.” The younger chuckled. The irony was crazy.

“Okay, um try ‘I love fans the most’”

“I love you the most.” Eli blinked. Did he just…

“What?” He asked as even as he could.

 “I love fans the most.” Soohyun repeated, all smiles. The younger sighs. He was so screwed if he’s imagining Soohyun saying he loved him.

“Good, now try ‘I have a weakness for fans’” Eli continued as if nothing had happened.

“I have a weakness for you.” Eli involuntarily in a quiet breath while using his index finger clear out his ears.

“Are you okay, did I not say it right? ‘I have a weakness for fans’ like that right?” Soohyun repeated, making Eli groan under his breath.

“Yes, you’re doing fine. I’m just getting a headache. We’ll do one more then cut this lesson short okay.” The leader nodded trying not to smile.

“Try ‘Seeing fans is best part of my day.’” Soohyun smiled brightly at him making his heart race. He turned to the side to reach for his bottle of water. Not to mention hide his reddening cheeks.

“Seeing you is the best part of my day.” Eli sputtered, nearly spitting out the gulp of water he just took.

“What!” The younger nearly screamed, feeling like he was losing his mind. Soohyun reached out and felt Eli’s forehead.

“Are you sure you’re okay? I said seeing you is the best part of my day.”

“Oh, okay.” The leader rested his cheek on his fist and waited. 3…2…“Wait, did you just? Have you been-” He stopped when Soohyun brought his face inches from his.

“Pabo.” Next thing he knew his lips were pressed against the others.

“How did you find out?” He had an idea but couldn’t help asking.

“Never trust Kevin and AJ. Kevin told me to listen through the door while you talked and AJ explained the full meaning to a lot of the phrases you’d been teaching me.” Soohyun admitted feeling a bit guilty.

“Hyungs are mean.” Eli whined with a pout.

“Maybe a little but you should have told me. Regardless, I was going to confess soon. Kevin and AJ just helped it along. You should thank them.” The blond grinned before bringing their lips together again.

“Maybe I will.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay I hope you guys like it. Comment ans Subscribe. Thanks For Reading

tumblr_mt0p1tx3dy1rvv4qro1_400.gif