Situational Syncope a.k.a. Fainting

Situational Syncope a.k.a. Fainting

Sungmin had episodes of fainting. It usually occurs when he is too much stressed or stuck in an embarrassing or uncomfortable situation. That’s how he became a regular client in their school clinic. He hated this illness and learned to be indifferent because if he becomes apathetic, then he wouldn’t get too much stress or become easily embarrassed therefore he wouldn’t faint anymore.

But the problem is… he can’t remain indifferent around his crush named Kyuhyun. He can’t helped it how his heart would start to beat like crazy whenever he saw his crush. The real problem starts when Kyuhyun would talk to him. Sungmin would always end up blushing, stuttering and talking nonsense and mostly, fainting.

“Thanks for bringing Sungmin in the clinic, Kyuhyun.” The school nurse said. She was used to Sungmin’s frequent stay but lately, she also got used to Kyuhyun being the one to carry Sungmin to the clinic.

“What’s wrong with Sungmin? Why does he keep on fainting?” Kyuhyun asked worriedly. He tried asking Sungmin about it before but Sungmin would insist that he’s fine. “He doesn’t have some deadly illness and die early, will he?”

The school nurse laugh. “Unless he hit his head hard when he falls from fainting, crack his skull and bleed his head to death, then I don’t think he’ll die. Sungmin had situational syncope which means fainting when in scary, embarrassing and uncomfortable situation. It could even happen while coughing, urinating or defecating. Hey, I’ll be out for lunch so can you stay with Sungmin until I get back?”

“Sure. I still have 45 minutes before afternoon classes start anyway.” When the nurse was out of sight, Kyuhyun sat on Sungmin’s bed and stared on Sungmin’s sleeping face. He thought about what the school nurse (named Jishu~ jokez) said to him earlier.

Around 5 minutes passed by when Sungmin became conscious again. “K-Kyuhyun!” He blushed because his crush was openly staring at him.

“Are you okay now?”

“Y-yeah…” Sungmin slowly sat up. His hand fixing his hair. He was embarrassed that his crush saw him in such a state but not very embarrassed enough to faint.

“Sungmin, I’ve noticed that you always seem to faint whenever I talk to you but you’re not like that to other people except maybe to some teachers. Is it stressful to talk to me?”

“N-no…I mean yes….uh…” Sungmin like to talk to Kyuhyun but the problem is… he’s get shy and too conscious of himself and he becomes clumsy then he gets very embarrassed and faints… so in a way, it was stressful to talk to his crush. Heck, he felt like fainting right now because this is not the kind of situation he wants to be in.

“Sungmin, don’t faint on me.” Kyuhyun said as he placed his hands on Sungmin’s shoulders to stop Sungmin from swaying. “If I’m causing your stress which results you to fainting, then I guess I’ll just stay away from you.”

Sungmin started to feel panic because he doesn’t want Kyuhyun to stay away from him but as his panic arises, so did his possibility of fainting. He was starting to see dark spots, which was usually a sign that happens before fainting. He thought that he needed to do something before he’s going to faint. “I get stressed out because of my feelings for you.” Sungmin said fast. He leaned forward and stole a kiss before passing out.

Kyuhyun had caught Sungmin, who swayed sideways and was about to fall off the bed when he fainted. “Then I guess I’ll have to catch you every time you faint.” Kyuhyun said as he placed Sungmin back to a comfortable position on the bed. He tucked Sungmin under the blanket before leaning down and placing a kiss on Sungmin’s lips.

THE END

A/N: My first cameo~! Hahahahaha!!! Comments please?