Introduction

Head over heels

It was scary, dark and confusing. I was running I wanted to go somewhere but I don’t know where. I was getting close to something and then I went back to the start. Running again I don’t know to where. Reached the same place and went back to where I started…

“Hae Mi… wake up it’s already 7:30… Hae Mi” my mom entered my room. So it was a dream – a nightmare actually. It was like this for the last two weeks as I remember. Not exactly the same nightmare but same feelings: afraid, lost, confused and things repeating their selves over and over again.

“HaeMi, please we are going to be late… Haemi”

“Just 5 min”

“NO! Wake up now, unless you want to go by yourself” mom yelled at me “we are going to be late for our first meeting with the principal of your new high-school. He is a nice person and he is really glad that you are going to study there. Well we are all glad that they accepted you there and they even gave you a scholarship. You deserve it anyway… you will see everything is going to be okay. Breakfast is –“

“Okay… I’m up mom.” I said as I removed the blanket away from my face. Yeah, that’s my mom’s way of waking me up: entering my room and talking non-stop. I can’t blame her I’m a heavy sleeper.

How rude! I didn’t introduce myself yet. I am Kim Haemi 16 years old. I lived in the USA for the past 10 years but now we had, my mom and I, to come back to Seoul because of some problems.

I quickly prepared myself, had my breakfast and headed to the new high-school. Here I am standing in front of a tall fancy building: SeangSan High-school. I followed behind my mom turning around taking a look at it… It was a bit snobby, well no wonder it is for the high-class society that I don’t know if I still belong to them or not.

I turned looking for my mom and couldn’t find her… I stood there still and minutes later, my mom appeared she nodded with her head telling me to come over. I went in to meet the principal Mr.Choi; he is a friend of the family I heard that grand-pa helped him a lot in his studies. But it seems like it’s more than that because he interfered personally to give my mom a job and give me the scholarship or maybe he is just generous… I don’t know. He was half bald, a bit fat and looked friendly, but there’s something I hated about him… maybe because he looks like my father, or at least he reminds me of him. “Haemi” my mom’s voice brought me back to reality so I quickly bowed my head and introduced myself.

 


 

 

I am supposed to start taking courses the day after I met Mr.Choi: the 1st of October. I woke up at 5 am. I have mixed feelings why everyone is rejecting me? At 1st I thought my classmates in the other school were just not my type. I’m not an arrogant person, I’m just too shy to take the 1st step and make new friends or talk to strangers. But there’s my best friend who refuses to talk to me anymore because she made new friends the type that would party and drink. Till this moment I was okay I learnt not to mind people that much. But there is one person that is not “people”, that one person that I can’t not to mind him and this person left me twice… my dear father. He has never celebrated my birthday or even hugged me. He doesn’t love me for short. After all, I think it’s my fault. Come on! It can’t be all of them who are wrong and me the innocent baby. There must be something wrong with me. And my alarm rang; it’s 6:30 am. I should prepare myself for school.

“Mom!” I started the conversation while heading to our car, she turned to me and I continued “Can’t I be home-schooled?” She tuned back ignoring me. Maybe she thought I was kidding or she knows exactly what I’m going through or maybe she is going through worse.

Is my home so close to school or I am so much drowned in my thoughts? Anyway, we arrived to my new high-school; I took a look at the pupils passing by “Mom!”

“My dear?”

“They are wearing uniforms!!” I exclaimed.

“Yeah! Here uniforms are an obligation. Your teachers know that you are new here and your uniform isn’t ready yet. So don’t worry!”

“Euh! I hate uniforms. You should have told me before about this whole thing so I’ll be mentally prepared.” I said pouting a bit.

My mom chuckled and said “It’s just that you aren’t used to it. But it looks so cute. By the way, Haemi…” she stopped for a while and I can tell there’s something important “… Haemi you will be okay.” and she smiled.

I turned my body to face her “Mom there is something else I can tell from your expression.”

“No I was just thinking of what should I do now that I have 2 free hours. So I’m going to say hi to Mr.Choi.”

“Okay, I wish you luck for your 1st day of work.” as I smiled back to her.

 

 

 

 

________________

 AN: heyyy I hope that you liked the 1st chapter :D