Opposite

Your Inspiration's Block

"It's 3 am and I'm struggling to find the right words for my poem that'd be comparable to your beauty. It's funny how I spend hours just to write something about you but I can't even make a damn sentence." She muttered in frustration, taking off her glass before standing up from her desk. Looking outside the window, she felt nostalgic. She got a glass of milk and hoped that somehow the liquid would cool her senses.
 

If I could

I would take that smile

And inject it directly into my blood stream

 

My parents warned me about drugs and baggies

           Sold on street

But never the ones

            With teeth

            And a heartbeat

 

"Ugh. No. Make another one Jessica. This is not enough." she ripped, crumpled and threw the paper in her dust bin. Her new notepad was running out of pages and it irked her.

Writer's block was a curse to every authors and poets. Her beta-reader convinced her that she needed to go out and have some fun to get inspiration. And she did. She got her inspiration. But how could she write when her inspiration's the one that was blocking her every thoughts?

-

"The Jessica Jung, an aspiring author and every English professor's favorite was having a writer's block. Wow." Yuri said as she emphasized her last word with her hands forming a letter W and forming a letter O.

"You look stupid. People are staring. Stop embarrassing me." Jessica said as she collected her things and hung her bag on her shoulder. She walked pass the girl who was just talking to her a while ago.

"Yah! It's just rare, you know." Yuri quickly got her things and ran to walk in sync with Jessica. "I mean, this was the first you had one. Every firsts should be celebrated." she continued while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Yes. And we should celebrate your first rejection. What's her name again? Yunha? Yoona?"

"Hey. I didn't know she had a boyfriend for goodness sake. She was flirting with me too, okay? Thought she was playing on the other team as well." she frowned. "Just when I thought my gaydar was the best of the best." she uttered.

"What the hell? Where's Jessica?"

-

Flashback

A blonde was sleeping peacefully on the rooftop of their school building when flashes of camera seeped through her closed eyes. She brought her arm to her face to cover her eyes, there were no flashes anymore but it was the camera's sound that woke her.

Paparazzi? When did she become too confident? She sighed as she said Yuri's name. She slowly opened her eyes and sat, blinking her eyes, she saw a girl.

"Hi."

"Hello."

"Uhm. I just wanted to take some photos. I'm sorry."

"No! It's okay. This is a public place, after all." She stood up, dusting her skirt. The wind was blowing her hair, covering her entire face. She flicked it over her shoulder but it deemed useless since the wind was getting stronger. Annoyed, she got a ponytail from her pocket and tied her hair into a bun.

Click.

Jessica looked at the source of the sound.

Click.

"Yah! Stop taking photos of me." Jessica bellowed.

Tiffany's lips curved into a small grin.

Click.

"I wasn't. The sunset at your back was magnificent. It's a shame to waste such scenery." She brought her camera down.

That smile. Jessica thought. After coming back to her senses, she felt embarrassed of what she said. "You really need to stop hanging out with Yuri, Jessica. She's a bad influence. Look! You're now assuming things. Babo." she mumbled to herself.

A giggle broke her thoughts so she looked up and saw the brunette walking towards her.

"I'm Tiffany." The brunette gestured her hand to hand shake Jessica.

"Jessica. Jessica Jung." she took Tiffany's hand and shook her hand.

"I know." Tiffany smiled and left.


-