Good Morning.

Mornings with Jongin.

A stream of morning sunlight shone into the room, lighting it up with its glaring rays. Aeri tossed and turned and snuggled into the warm blanket and was about to fall back asleep when she felt something wet on the nose. She lightly wriggled her nose and relaxed again when she felt it get wetter and wetter. She opened her eyes in frustration only to be greeted by a brown ball of fur right in her face. She distinctly shifted backwards and stared at it before giggling lightly and giving it a hug. "Good morning to you too, Monggu ah." 

She slowly sat up with the poodle on her lap and turned to her right, where the puppy's owner was, sleeping soundly with Janggu snuggled up to his side. A small smile lit up on Aeri's face as she basked in the warm sight. Knowing well that Jongin got home only at dawn, she decided to cook some breakfast for him. She carried Monggu out into the living room and went to wash up before heading into the kitchen. 

She started the rice cooker, while she decided on the dishes that she would cook. She opened the refrigerator and immediately decided to cook kimchi stew, since Jongin's mum insisted that they brought some of her homemade kimchi back when they visited her the other day. And by some, she meant 5 full containers of kimchi. She shook her head lightly at the amount of pickled cabbage in her fridge before grabbing a container out and began cooking. After an hour of hardwork, she finally finished and took a look at the clock, already 11am? 

She went back into the room to find Jongin sprawled across the whole bed, and both Janggu and Monggu found their territories at both sides of his head. An idea came to her, and she stealthily grabbed her new camera and took a picture of the heartwarming scene. She made her way to the side of the bed and started lightly shaking him. "Jongin ah, Jongin ah, it's time to wake up." 

The only response she got was a quiet whine before he flipped around and continued to snooze. Aeri huffed, and sat further into the bed and shook him again. "Yah Jongin ah, it's time to wak-" her sentence was cut off when he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into his embrace.

"It's a sunday today isn't it jagiya, let's just sleep in.....o..k..." Aeri tried to get up but Jongin's embrace was too tight so she eventually gave up and lied still in his arms. 'This...is really...com...f.y....' she thought as she dozed off. 

 

The next time she woke up, she was tucked in nicely on her side of the bed while it was empty. She slowly sat up when she heard a loud clash and continuous barkings outside. Her eyes widened and she rushed out only to find a flustered Jongin wearing a flowery apron and a broken bowl on the floor. "Ah, I woke you up didn't I? Sorry, I was trying to get the bowls for the rice and-" Aeri hushed him before slowly picking up the bowl, or the remnants of a bowl , throwing it away and making her way to him. "Are you alright?" Jongin nodded and smiled. Aeri gave him a hug and they stood there for a few moments before Jongin mentioned "You should've told me you cooked breakfast you know?" 

Aeri playfully glared at him and said, "well I tried, but a big baby refused to wake up." Jongin smiled sheepishly before stealing a peck. "Good morning, jagiya." 

Aeri smiled and buried her face in his chest. She would never get used to how her mornings are, noisy and unplanned, but perfect nonetheless.