03 - The Bodyguard

You are my destiny

With one final kiss, I forced myself to let go of Joon’s hand as he entered the gates. I waved goodbye as I watched him disappear to the other side of the airport. I sighed and turned around to head back to my car, or rather, Joon’s car.

 

While I was walking towards the airport entrance, I could somehow feel someone following me, or watching me whenever I stopped by a shop. I scanned the crowds or around me but I couldn’t see any big-sized men in tuxedoes wearing terminator-like shades. I shrugged, thinking it was just my imagination, and continued walking towards the entrance.

 

As I was scanning through the cars parked outside the airport, I didn’t seem to take notice of my surroundings. Still looking at the packed parking lot, I stepped onto the road. Suddenly, I heard a loud honk towards my right and given the amount of time I had to react, I only realized that a car was about to hit me when I was already pulled to safety.

 

Someone had pulled me to safety on the pavement as the car had already stopped with a screech. My mind was a blur as that particular ‘someone’ kept asking me whether I was okay. When I regained my focus, I looked up and saw the driver of the car coming towards me.

 

“Sir, I’m really sorry,” I apologized to him with a pleading voice. “It was reckless of me for not paying attention to the road. I’m really sorry, sir. I hope I didn’t cause much of an inconvenience to you.”

 

The man had a really pissed-off face when he was coming up to me before my apology. After I apologized, his face softened slightly as he gave a courteous nod.

 

“Fine,” he muttered as he took a step back towards his car. “Be careful next time.”

 

I bowed a polite 90-degree bow as he drove out of sight in his car. I turned around and found the ‘someone’ who had saved me standing at a distance from me, leaning against a ‘taxi stand’ pole. I went up to him and he quickly straightened up.

 

“I owe my life to you,” I said with a thankful smile. “Thank you so much for saving my life just now.”

 

He didn’t make eye contact to me – constantly looking around – as he said in a quiet voice, “No problem. It’s part of my job.”

 

I cocked my head to the side, wondering what he meant by ‘job’. As I was thinking, I stared at his features – a handsome face with full lips, muscle-loaded arms despite his petite height, soft hair which fell just above his eyes. My eyes fell on his, which were still looking around the surrounding in an almost suspicious manner. Then I knew who he was – and what he meant by ‘job’.

 

  “You’re one of Joon oppa’s men, aren’t you?” I asked him, glancing at him suspiciously.

 

That caught his attention as his eyebrows rose. He looked at me, locking his eyes to mine for the first time.

 

“Yes, I am,” he said with formality in his voice.

 

I shrugged with a rather mocking smile, “I guessed so. You look like one – only without those irritating shades.”

 

He only gave a firm nod as a reply before continuing with his ‘job’. I shifted my weight awkwardly from one foot to another before speaking up again.

 

“You may know my name already, but I’ll just introduce myself to you,” I said as I cleared my throat. “I’m Jeon Hyosung. Nice to meet you… uh…”

 

“Lee Gikwang, ma’am,” he introduced himself briefly.

 

“Ma’am?” I laughed mockingly as I explained. “Oh, please cut the salutations or whatever you were supposed to call me. You can call me Hyosung. From now on, we can treat each other as friends.”

 

He raised his eyebrows again as he was amused by my friendly gesture, “But, sir-“

 

“Sir is sir, but ma’am is Hyosung, okay?” I insisted with a cute frown. “Now you better call me Hyosung or you’ll make me angry.”

 

“Got that, uh, Hyosung,” that was the first time I heard him stutter uncomfortably.

 

“That sounds much better,” I smiled. “Now, do you know how to drive? I’m not really that good of a driver, especially with sports cars that Joon oppa always drives in.”

 

*Gikwang’s POV*

 

Without hearing my answer, she grabbed my hand and placed the key into my palm. Taking my other free hand, she led me through the rows of cars to the sleek silver Porsche – clearly recognizing it was one of Joon’s car collection.

 

She got in on the other side of the car as I awkwardly got in the driver’s seat. How could I possibly maintain my serious and strict image as a bodyguard if she treats me so nicely, like a friend?

 

“You do know how to drive, right?” she asked, peering up at me as she leaned towards me.

 

I nodded hesitantly as I buckled my seatbelt. Turning on the engine, I drove the car out of the parking lot and into the main street in the city of Seoul.

 

“Where do you want to go?” I asked.

 

“I don’t know,” she shrugged.

 

I stared at her with incredulous shock – what’s up with her? I just remained quiet as I just followed the flow of the traffic.

 

“You’re a very quiet guy, huh?” she observed me from her seat.

 

I can’t help but glance at her cute expression. I cringed lightly as I focused my attention on the road. Why does Joon have to get such a cute girlfriend?

 

>> yeah, Gikwang appeared~ *cheers*

Unfortunately, that's all that I have to update for now, but I'll promise more exciting updates in the future~

Comment and Happy Reading <3