02 - Goodbye?

You are my destiny

The day had dragged on slowly and it was torturous. I tried my best to fill my day – jogging in the morning, shopping in the afternoon and a stroll through town during the evening. It was a busy day for me, tiring too, but it didn’t fully distract me from my disturbed thoughts. I used to do all those with Joon.

 

While I was sorting out the laundry, the doorbell rang. I walked over to the door and saw from the intercom the person standing outside my apartment. Quickly, I rushed over and opened the door to meet the love of my life.

 

Joon smiled once our eyes locked, but his smile didn’t reach his eyes – I could tell something was bothering him. I smiled warmly at him as I made way for him to enter. Before he could take off his coat, I immediately wrapped my arms around him. He draped his arms around me instinctively, hugging me back, as I rested my head against his shoulder, taking in whiffs of his cologne that I missed so dearly.

 

“I missed you so much,” I mumbled into his shirt as I tightened my arms around his lean torso.

 

His arms tightened too as he kissed my forehead, “I missed you more, sweetheart.”

 

I helped him remove his coat and hung it on the coat rack. We entered the living room and sat on our favourite loveseat; where I would sit in his lap as he hugged me snugly.

 

“How was your day?” he asked, his tone a little sad.

 

“Horrible,” I said plainly.

 

He ran his fingers through my hair, “I’m so sorry, Hyosung dear. I wish this won’t happen again, but I’m afraid it has to.”

 

I straightened up, sitting up in his lap as I looked down at him, “Just cut straight to the point. What did you want to tell me, oppa?”

 

He sighed as he held onto my hand, “I’m afraid I have to be overseas for quite some time.”

 

I felt my eyes widened and my mouth gaped open, “Overseas? Define ‘some time’.”

 

Joon shifted uncomfortably, and without making eye contact, he informed, “10 days.”

 

“TEN DAYS?” I squeaked.

 

I got off from his lap and started towards the balcony. I couldn’t handle it any longer – his duties as the CEO were pulling me further away from him, making the gap between us even wider. Now that he was supposed to leave out of the country was something I couldn’t handle at all.

 

Joon had caught up as he slipped his hands into mine, turning me around to look at him.

 

“Hyosung, I hope you understand. I didn’t want to do this at first, but since I couldn’t find anyone to replace me in this seminar in the States, I have to go there myself,” he explained quickly, cupping my face in his hands. “I’m really sorry, baby.”

 

“Don’t be,” I muttered as I pushed him away lightly and made my way to the laundry area to continue my work.

 

“I promise once I return home, I’ll make sure everything returns normal as it should be,” Joon said as he followed me.

 

“Now, where have I heard that from?” I said sarcastically as I turned around to look him in the eye. “I’ve heard that so many times, and yet, nothing returned normal – you’re still the busy CEO you are now!”

 

“Hyosung…” Joon’s voice softened into a plea.

 

“Oppa,” I pressed my palm on his chest so that he was an arm’s length away from me. “I trust you that you will stay with your words. But if you don’t, I guess there’s no point continuing this relationship.”

 

Joon pulled me into his embrace, “I promise, Hyosung. Nothing will get into our way.”

 

I hugged him back, and after a long pause, I asked softly, “When are you leaving?”

 

 He sighed uncomfortably and then muttered in a small whisper, “Tomorrow night.”

 

I just took in a deep breath to control my frustration as I buried my face into Joon’s shirt, “Okay.”

 

“While I’m away, I thought of placing one of my bodyguards on duty with you here, to take care of you,” he said as he cupped my face gently.

 

“I thought I told you-“

 

“Yes, yes, I know you don’t like me giving you all these stuff, even bodyguards,” he said. “But I just want you to be safe while I’m gone.”

 

“I was alright the whole day without you,” I stated the obvious.

 

“That’s different,” he shook it off easily. “This is my most trusted bodyguard, and I’m handing him to you to take care of you. No objections, hear me?”

 

I nodded obediently. I didn’t bother much – it was just one of his bodyguards; they all looked the same to me. Wrapping my arms around Joon’s neck, I stood on my toes as I locked my lips with his in a deep kiss.

 

>> you do know who that bodyguard will be, don't you?? *wink wink*

haha, i'd love to see comment and I'll promise Gikwang will appear in the next chapter okay

I'll update real soon *pinky promise* >.^

Happy Reading <3