Final

Gotta Be Somebody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"This time, I wonder what it feels like
To find the one in this life"

 

 Naeun sighed as she starts off another day in the dead world. She packed her stuff and carried out into the city. While carefully walking, she see's damaged buildings, that were lit on fire, cars destroyed upside down, and the road with nothing, but destruction and dead people. The worst was the smell, smelling people's eaten flesh and the blood that has been rotten for weeks or a month. For about a month, Naeun has been alone, wandering the cities, killing monsters. Naeuen doesn't always travel alone, I mean she did have people with her, but they ended up getting eaten too making her kill them.

 

 Before anything happened, the world was normal. There was happiness and laughter in the air. It all died down because of a rare virus disease that came through the city from one person. Naeun didn't even know where it came from, but in just a week everyone was infected by the virus. Naeun was actually surprised on how she survived this long, mostly being alone. You can could consider her, lucky.

 

"So I'll be holding my breath, right up 'til the end"

 As Naeun walks, she wonders about her family that are probably dead by now. While thinking, she hears a groan. She quickly looked up seeing nothing. Worried started creeping up her as she started to take out her gun that was hiding in her belt she took. Then, she heard it again. She turned to the direction where it was. 

 

This time, she took a slowly, careful step towards the sound. The more she took steps, the more the sound is getting clear and loud. She gulped and raised her gun as she starts to get closer. 

 

She kept taking careful steps, when she see's it. Another dead monster. The monster was too busy finishing out someone's flesh to notice her. Naeun decided she didn't want to included in this mess and took a step back, her eye's still on the monster. It was a disguisting sight. A horrendous creature with dirty, ripped clothes, stained with blood, and yellow, broken teeth.

 

She again, took a quiet step as the creater or monster was still finishing its meal. Naeun was used to seeing this, but still feels disgusited like she wanted to throw up right there. She kept taking a step back. She took one more step back making her hit something which made a noise.

 

 A can.

 

She cursed in her head thinking 'why would there be a can in the ing road?" She looked at the creature seeing it's eyes on her.

 

'Great' she thought. Next thing you know, the horrendous creature was running towards with a wide mouth pleading for more. Naeun was about to shoot, but stopped thinking it was a bad idea. Once the creature came close, she took the end of her gun hit it on the creature's head. The creature took a few steps back. Naeun quickly took out her knife before it came to it's senses. 

 

 Again, the creature went towards her feeling more hunger as it can smell the fresh, uneaten flesh in front of him. Thinking that made it even more crazy and ran with full speed. Naeun ducked when it's arm when towards her head. The creatures might be fast in running, but they're slow in attacking. Once she ducked, she kicked its legs making it fall. Naeun ran before ir chased her. She turns around seeing it got up chasing after her. Naeun stopped and looked around seeing a long piece of wood that has been broken off something. Naeun smirked as she quickly picked it up and waited for creature to come near her. 

 

She roughly swing the wood, hitting the the creatures head sending it to the floor, unconsicous. She check to see if it was moving. She then threw the wood, dusting her hands and went near the creature. She lifted her foot, stomping it down as hard as she can see. She tried not to be too disguisted as she see's blood on her boots.

 

Even though this isn't the first time Naeun killed a creature, she always have the shiver wondering if it's gonna be the last. Naeun could feel her stomach pleading for food. Naeun looked around finding the convenient store. She went inside searching for any creatures that are hiding anywhere. Once the coast was clear she then took a bag of chips eating. Junk food was pretty much the things she only ate ever since the virus came.

 

She then took a bottle of water and gulped down half the bottle. She always eats junk food, but for some reason, she still has her slim body figure. She then ate continued to eat sugary junk food not caring because what's the point o carrying when she's in a world full of the dead. And it's like she gets fat anyway. 

 

She looked at her guns decided she should new ones later. Having a gun is an advantage and a disadvantage. The advantage is shooting of course from long distance. The disadvantage is it could attrack more creatures from the noise it makes, espcially in the city. Who knows if they're more hiding somewhere eating other people's body.

 

"Until that moment when, I find the one that I'll spend forever with"

 

 Thinking of that made Naeun shivered. She then stares at the clear doors that she locked before going inside. She stares at it thinking if there is anyone else out there. Someone like her. Someone who can help her. And most importantly, someone who will always be there for her. The last part is pretty not possible. Naeun even think's why is she still alive. She has this feeling inside of her that makes her guilty.

"Cause nobody wants to be the last one there
Cause everyone wants to feel like someone cares
Someone to love with my life in their hands
There's gotta be somebody for me like that
Cause nobody wants to do it on their own
And everyone wants to know they're not alone
There's somebody else that feels the same somewhere
There's gotta be somebody for me out there"
 

 For some reason, everytime Naeun is with someone, that person always end up dying instead of her. Naeun doesn't think she's lucky. She think's she's a curse. But the main point what she's thinking is she's lonely...

 

 

Naeun is 20 years old and has been living on her own for a month with no help. The last part when she said 'someone who will always be there for her' means it. Now she's not trying to be selfish here, she wants someone who can understand her. Like what she's been through for the past month. And so far, she seen no one.

 

Naeun never seen real, living people ever since, well except for them being eaten alive, or people with her who's also being eaten. While thinking about this; she maybe hopes for romance?

 

 Again, she's not trying to be selfish, but she can't help it. She doesn't really care since it's obviously never gonna happen when the world is like this. She sighed as she repeatedly tap her fingers on the table.

 

She went out the door, wondering what should she do next. If you're thinking, yes, she does everyday. She doesn't really know what do, but wander around places, or kill creatures. This was pretty much her routine and it kills her. Doing the same things all day, and she likes to call it the routine of boredom.

 

'Now,It wouldn't be so bored if I had someone..' she thought looking at the her shoes while walking. 

"Tonight, out on the street, out in the moonlight"

She wondered what time it is and checked seeing it is 6:39 PM. She also looked at the sky seeing it was getting darker every mintue. She then took out a water bottle that was in her backpack and took a big gulp front the hot air. It was summer and in the middle of June right now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter