Cube Entertainment

It's hard being 'us' [ON HIATUS]

As I sat in the passenger seat of my mum’s 1996 rover, I contemplated whether or not this was what I really wanted. I had never thought I was star material. Always the quiet one in school. Good grades, acceptable attendance rate. I had the dancing part down, but being an actual performer seemed too far-fetched for me. Was I going to turn out like one of those washed up back up dancers that hide in the back and get dirt money? Back-up dancers don’t even get that much recognition now days. You have to be able to do multiple things to be seen as 'useful' in the music industry. I knew I didn't have it, but I was doing it anyways?

"Here we are. Be polite and remember your manners. Hwaiting!" Mum said as she held her hand in a fist for encouragement. I got out of the car and proceeded down the long line of buildings. Numbers 125-158. I repeated in my head as I scanned the building faces. I came to a large building shielded in glass panes. I took the guest pass card out of the envelope and swiped it through the electrical key beside the large front door. It beeped and unlocked to let me in. A small, young woman with long brown hair tied into a ponytail sat at the front desk staring intently at the computer screen. A large 3D blue box hung on the wall above her head with the Cube Entertainment logo written below it. "Welcome to Cube sir, where are you going?" she asked politely. "Euh.. The.. Dance studio offices" I stammered. God dammit Jang relax, you're trying to look professional. "Oh well that's just on the 5th floor. The elevators on the right down there and when you get to the floor turn left and the door should be there" she said while pointing down a long hallway lined with pictures. I bowed slightly and made my way up to the 5th floor.

The first thing I noticed when I got into the elevator was a ‘coming soon’ poster. A large symbol that looked like a 2 with a strike down the middle of it was planted in silver on the middle of the page. "Must be something big" I muttered to myself as I rounded the floor. The doors drew open to reveal a young looking boy. Raven black hair and the face of a puppy. He kept his head down and got into the elevator hitting the ground floor button the second I got out. As the doors closing I heard him mumble excitedly into his phone proclaiming he’d ‘got it’. I turned to my left, and just as the receptionist had said, a large brown door with the label ‘Dance studio offices’ was standing in front of me. I didn’t know whether to go in or not so I sat down in a chair beside the door. I waited nervously as I twiddled my thumbs and shook my leg up and down. After waiting 10 minutes, a man appeared from the office looking very pleased and smiling ear to ear. “Thank you so much, I will work hard” he repeated as he shook a mans hand. As he left, the tall man in a black suit turned to me and proceeded to look me up and down. “Jang Hyunseung” he said. “Nice to meet you” he said as he welcomed me into the office. My stomach dropped as I entered the office, as I didn’t foresee what could have possible been waiting for me.

 

_____________________

Hi guys ^^ Like I said in my other story 'In the Cube' , I went on a little hiatus and I can't tell you's how sorry I am. Think of this as an intro chapter? I got really busy at the end of the summer and I had no time for my storys. I'm already after starting like three, so I'll start what I finish ehh? Keke I hope this story works out the way I want it to and I hope you's all enjoy reading ^^

Remember to comment and subscribe as that encourages me to write more!! 

My other OTPs fic 'Jail Break' is under construction as you would call it. Still thinking of a story plot for that one so..Subscribe? ke