A TRAIL OF M&M

SWEET AS M&M

“You looked like you need a pick me up.” The dude said, motioning to the M&Ms.

“Oh! Uh, yeah.” Eunjung stammered, finally recovering her power of speech. She jumped up, pushing her purse and bags aside, which promptly cascaded to the floor in a mess of straps. She wrestled her hand out from the tangle and lifted her foot free, and turned to him again, offering her hand, the other pushing her hair out of her eyes.

“Uh, thank you. That was really nice.” She laughed a little bit at her reaction. This was certainly a first for her. It was really nice, what he did.

qbdzGUQ.gif

The guy shook her hand with friendly smile. He looked either Chinese or Korean with white skin and gold blonde hair.  Eunjung noticed that when he smiled that a spark went in his chocolate eyes. Or perhaps he was laughing at her. Didn’t really matter. She was laughing at herself. Or would be if she wasn’t so dejected and ticked off.

“Oh, you’re welcome. They always help me.” He stuck his hand in his pocket.

Eunjung clasped the bag in both hand.

“Yeah, me too.” She gave him a small smile, slowly sitting again. She wasn’t sure what to say next.

“So… what is the problem?” he asked. He shifted his own seat, not looking as comfortable anymore either.

“I missed my flight. I’m supposed to be at my best friend’s wedding.” Eunjung look at the M&Ms, contemplating ripping them open then and there and dumping all of them into .

“Oh? What time is it?”

“Oh, it’s 2.20 now. I supposed to catch it at two.” She answered glancing at her metallic Rillakuma watch. She always had a weakness for Rillakuma. At all time and everywhere he goes he is continuously lazy and relaxed. He is totally stress-free and also doing things on his own pace.

“No, I mean when the wedding is?” he said

“O yeah, duh. It’s supposed to be at seven. Sorry, I’m a little…” Heaven knew she wasn’t  at her best at that moment, intellectually. She wasn’t even feeling half intelligent. Mediocre.

“Seven? Where is it? Must be in Jeju?”

“Yeah.”

“Well that works out great. I’m waiting to pick up friend, and we’re going on the later flight at 4.30. I could see if I can book another seat.”

“What?” Eunjung stared at him, not believing her ears.

“It would be no problem. It would actually work out for me. It would put some points on my card that I’ve been trying to rack up. So it worked out for both of us!” He seemed genuinely excited about the idea. Eunjung could only stare for the moment, dumbfounded.

“Just wait here. I’ll see if I can set it up.” He stated, already turning and jogging off.

Eunjung sat down on the chair, still clutching her M&Ms. Naturally she gently torn it open and began munching, trying to comprehend the unprecedented nature of her situation. Some stranger was offering to buy her a flight. And it could be possibly save her from missing Gyuri’s wedding!

Instantly doubt flooded in her mind.

What if he is a psychopath with a friendly face? Like Lucifer? He could totally be the masquerading angel of light or whatever. What if he is a trafficker? An agent of some sort? What if they wanted me because..

Well, she had to accept some of those questions were valid.

At that moment he jogged back, out of breath, grinning and holding out the ticket envelope.

“They had a vacant seat! Someone just canceled. How lucky is that?”

Eunjung promptly stood up and accepted the envelope gratefully. “Thank you. I really appreciate it.”

Eunjung said it seriously but fortunately it didn’t come off as some cliché line from a drama.

“Oh, it was nothing.” He put his hand in his pockets, and then took them out again so he could sit down.

Eunjung sat, trying to think of what to say, when she let out a nervous laugh.

“Uh, what is your name? I don’t think we even told each other our names.”

“Oh yeah, you’re right.” he laughed. “I’m Kris.”

“Eunjung. Just call me Jungie though. It’s what I prefer.”

The both looked around, feeling a bit awkward.

“Would you like to get a burger? I’m going to get some lunch. I’d love for it just to be my treat. I mean, you did just do me a really huge favor, so..” Eunjung drifted off, desperately trying not to sound like she was setting up a date.

“Sure. That’d be great.” He looked around. Probably feeling just as uncertain as she felt, before looking at her again and smiling.

“Good.” Eunjung replied briskly, grabbing her things and trying to look purposeful.  After quickly slipping on her heels (which she almost forgot to do) she smiled ad led the way, wondering what on earth she would say next.

As they reached the restaurant, she ordered their burgers. Then they sat down at a nearby small table. Eunjung’s stomach was going to erupt in a shameless growl if she didn’t quickly begin eating. So she promptly picked up her hamburger and dug in. Didn’t help that nervousness was making her stomach churn anyway.

A moment later she realized Kris was giving her a slightly strange look, although trying not to.

Instantly having visions of herself looking like a gorging pig, her eyes widened and she asked,

“What? Do I have something on my face?” She quickly wiped her chin with the back of her hand. Nothing.

“Oh no, sorry. It’s just that you.. well, eat normal.” Kris said apologetically, trying to phrase it right. He bit into his burger again. “Like you actually enjoy your food, instead of picking at it for.. appearances.”

“Oh. Well, good. I guess.” Eunjung picked up her burger again and took another bite, just as Kris took another whopper size out of his.

“Is that what you call normal? You just took out like a fourth of your burger!” Eunjung exclaimed, choking back laugh as it tried to escape.

Kris grinned, chewing.

“And you douse it with pickles. It looks like your burger is spilling it guts.” EUnjung shook her head and chomped down.

“Well, yours looks like its bleeding!” Kris retorted, his mouth half full. What a cute view.

Eunjung squinted her eyes at him then went on chewing, trying not to smile.

“Well, that was yummy.” Kris said, as they drew their wrappers away at the trash.

“Yeah. I love their hamburgers. I just burn mine, and don’t season them enough.” Eunjung agreed. She smiled and turned so they could start back to the sitting area.

“Not sure about you, but I wouldn’t want to go anywhere with a big yellow mole on my face.” Kris stated. He motioned at her face.

“What? Oh.” Eunjung wiping her hand over her cheek but she just smeared mustard over her chin.

“Agh.” She wiped again with her other hand. Looking at her now dirty hands with annoyance, Eunjung reached for the napkins on the stand nearby but Kris quickly handed her one.

“Pity you don’t have a mirror with you, so you can check yourself after you’re done eating.” He joked, flashing her mean grin.

“I’m starting to think you’re not as gentlemanly as you like to make others believe.” Eunjung lightly accused, turning to stomp off.

“That’s not safe to do in high heels.” Kris called after her. He jogged after a few steps to catch up.

“You’ll twist your ankle and then I’ll have to carry you to the plane myself, since there seems to be a shortage of other true gentleman around.”

As usual, her short supply of witticism failed. Eunjung just turned up her nose and marched on with as much poise as she could.

Reaching the sitting area, she let her bag slip off her shoulder and she sat down.

Kris regained his seat. “Thanks for the lunch, by the way. It was very good.” He stated sincerely.

“You’re welcome sir.” Eunjung replied, leaning back in her seat and crossing her legs. It was so much more comfortable to be silly than serious, and not knowing what to say.

Kris leaned his chin on his palm, giving her a look and Eunjung tried not to smile.

She is so easy about being goofy. Kris thought to himself.

A couple of minutes later they heard that flight 247 was coming in and Kris got to his feet.

“That’s Ddoo’s flight.” He said. He went to the window, putting a hand in his pocket as he leaned to the side to see.

“Ddoo? What’s that for?” Eunjung asked as he came back.

“Uh, Ddoobie?” He smiled sheepishly.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“No.” he shrugged.

“Sounds rather cheesy and stereotypical, don’t you think? In a rather..unflattering way?” Eunjung wondered what other people thought. Perhaps this Ddoobie doesn’t like giving others his nickname.

Eunjung was thinking and fiddling with the bag of M&Ms in her hands. She popped two more in . She felt a little wave of relief go over her, and she slightly relaxed.

Within the next fifteen minutes the passengers could be seen getting of the plane, and Kris waited by the door. As the door opened and the people began to spill out, Kris craned his head trying to see over everyone else. Then a big smile broke over his face.

“Ddo! Buddy! Over here!” he waved, eager and excited.

Eunjung craned her head to see but couldn’t through the crowd of people. People spilled past, dragging their luggage behind them, either talking to each other or on phones or looking peevish as they strode on by silently.

Jeez, I think they need a piece of chocolate more than I do. Eunjung thought to herself with a little disgust.

“Ddoo, this is Eunjung.” Kris said, bringing him over.

“That’s my dog’s name dude. Get over it.” The guy hit Kris’s head. Kris chuckled.

“I’m Kai.” Kai looked down, scanning Eunjung from head to toe. He had darker skin than Kris and black hair, and brown eyes.

“Oh, nice to meet you.” Eunjung standing up as she clutched her M&M bag shut with her fist.

“Nice to meet you.” Kai answered, a bit confused on what her connection was.

“Have you guys been friend for a while?” he asked, looking between Kris and Eunjung.

“Oh no.” Kris laughed. “I just met her a little while ago careening down the hall in her bare feet. That’s all. She missed her flight so I got her a seat with us, and she got me lunch. By the way, are you hungry?”

“Nah, I gorged while I was on the plane. Brought my favorite snacks.” Kai said slipping off his backpack and letting it fall to the floor, next to his selected chair. He and Kris threw themselves down into their chairs.

Eunjung looked between them, not sure what to say about her careening down the hall in her bare feet. After all, that was the truth. She probably looked like a lunatic springing from escalators and running around like a wild woman.

Kai looked at her uncertainly, smiling as he looked back at Kris.

“So what’s the deal? Are we going to Seogwipo together?”

“Oh no,” Eunjung broke in quickly. “He was just being nice so I can get to Jeju. I’m supposed to be at my friend’s wedding.”

“Oh, how late are you going to be?” Kai sat back, obviously tired but interested.  The girl looks like kind of her taste.

“I don’t know. If I have enough time to change I’ll be lucky.”

“You could” Kai began, but Kris slammed his elbow into his side. “Kai.”

Kai shrugged innocently, giving him a look to say that he was just being funny.

Looking at both of them, Eunjung narrowed her eyes. “A car isn’t changing closet, if that is what you were going to suggest, buddy.”

“Oh no. I wasn’t going to suggest that, as my friend here so nicely pointed out. Kai agreed, clearing his throat.

“So how does your website work? Is it something you have someone else doing or something you do yourself?”

“My blog?” Eunjung looked up again form her dead phone. She had been wishing she could bang it into submission. But abusive friction doesn’t make the battery charged. “I do that myself. I tend to it almost every evening, so I have the day free to do my other things. I share writing news, do giveaway, tips, that sort of thing. It’s a lot of work, but I enjoy it. Good thing, considering it is part of what enable me to make a living.”

“I still find that odd. Making money from an online diary that everyone can see.  It’s weird.” Kai shook his head. I’m pretty sure you got a lot of followers, because well you know. The owner was hotter than her stuff. Kai thought to himself. 

Kris rolled his eyes and gave Kai a light push on the arm. Kai discreetly smiled.

kai-exo-close-up.jpg

P/s :Thanks for eveyone who upvoting, subscribing and leaving ur comment. I decided to add new character in this story. Hope all of you will enjoy this fic and if anything in ur mind that can improve my story, it was my pleasure  to accept them.