The Approval

I Just Haven't Met You Yet

the approval

"Are we really gonna do this?"

"Y-yeah... I guess so."

"Well, goodluck my drummer boy."

"Goodluck my Soojungie."

Sigh. Minhyuk lets out the deepest sigh he's ever held as soon as he gets off the phone with his girlfriend. Today is a somewhat dreaded day for him, for lack of a better word, because he's about to make the best impression and spend the whole day with his Soojungie's older sister.

"Look, I love my sister, Minhyukie. So it'd really make me happy if we get her approval."

And of course, he wouldn't do anything that will break Soojung's heart. No, not his Soojungie.

It's just... Sooyeon-noona is a bit...

...quirky. (Again, for lack of a better word because he couldn't even begin to describe his girlfriend's beloved sister. And Lord knows if there's anyone willing to take her off her parent's hands.)

Word has it that Miss Jung Soojung isn't the easy woman to handle. In high school she was named the Ice Princess for being cold and frozen with her words and emotions. She doesn't even want to sweat, that's why people thought she might really be made out of ice, and her fear is that she will melt.

"That's stupid," is of course, Soojung's answer to the rumors. She promises that once they get to know her big sister, she isn't as hard as they say she is, and that instead she is a loving and caring unnie. Minhyuk could feel the respect and attachment Soojung has for her sister, and for that, he agrees to meet the infamous Jung Sooyeon so they can finally announce to the world that he is in a relationship with the best girlfriend ever. Ah, please excuse him for spazzing over Soojung.

He rings the doorbell and prepares himself for the long day ahead. It's not that he's reluctant to do this, no not at all. Neither is it because he doesn't like Soojung's sister, it's just... well, alright, he's scared.

"Oh, are you the Minhyukie that I've been hearing my baby sister talk to until five in the morning?"

Yup.  Kang Minhyuk is scared of a day with Miss Jung Sooyeon.

:::

"Are we really gonna do this?"

"Y-yeah... I guess so."

"Well, goodluck my drummer boy."

"Goodluck my Soojungie."

Sigh. Soojung lets out the deepest sigh she's ever held as soon as she gets off the phone with his boyfriend. The deal was, in exchange for a day spent with her sister, she has to coach Minhyuk's senior and organization-mate in college.

You see, Soojung is one of the popular girls in school and she's pretty much knowledgeable in terms of love confessions and what not to do's on first dates. She's pretty quick to see who's confident, superconfident and who is nervous to the bones. Well, in her case, the moment Kang Minhyuk asked her out, all that she knows of reading boys and the rules in dating fell out the window. Or maybe, she was just shot by cupid's arrow.

"It would really be great if you help him work it out with this girl. He's been crazy over her for weeks."

That's what her drummer boyfriend said and she wouldn't do anything that would upset him. Any more. Soojung couldn't brush off the feeling that Minhyuk just passed Donghae to her because he's been bugging him for weeks. If she thinks about Donghae's exact words though: I want a beautiful and perfect and amazing girlfriend like yours (or so, she might have added a few more adjectives but whatever), it doesn't hurt to help his senior.

The thing is, Lee Donghae is known to be the epitome of awkwardness. Girls in her class often talk about how, if only he is a bit more confident and a little less clumsy, he is actually super cool. To some girls his occasional fails and getting tongue-tied works though, but none of them really want to give the poor guy a chance to prove himself cooler than he is unable to showcase.

So, here she is: partly because she pities Donghae and partly (or mostly) because of her Minhyukkie. Afterall, when all of these are said and done, they can finally show the entire universe that Kang Minhyuk is the lucky guy Jung Soojung chose. Ah, you have to excuse her for blushing at the thought of them walking to school hand in hand.

She knocks on the dorm room, preparing herself for what disaster may come.

"Hi!" she greets as the door opens, revealing a man just woken up with slightly disheveled hair, white t-shirt and boxer shorts. "I'm--"

...and he shuts the door.

She hears shuffling inside the room, but Soojung is too baffled at the idea that a door has been shut to her face.

The door reopens and now a guy with a strong scent of male perfume comes out.

(Clears throat) "Good morning, pretty lady~"

Yup, Jung Soojung needs to work on Lee Donghae ASAP.



 


Hey, this is just a oneshot, but I've decided to split the parts since I haven't finished re-watching (and taking down my observations of Jessica and Donghae) in Running Man and WGM. I was shocked to see the number of subscribers grow, so I figured I'd write a few lines first :) I hope you guys like it though^^;

I know Minhyuk and Krystal may have been are out of character. Since I don't know their personalities that well, I mostly based their characters in Bona and Chanyoung from the best couple in The Heirs lol~ if it's better that I change their names to Bona and Chanyoung, please let me know! Thank you for taking time and reading! :)