Cake Walk

Starts with a Taste

About three hours and a halfway overcharged credit card later Seungri finally made it his intended destination. Standing outside of the building, Seungri gave it a quick glance over and hastily decided that it wasn't much, but seeing as it was going to be home for the next few years, he would just have to make the best of it. Truging his way into the building, thanking the heavens that his room wasn't on the top floor, he opened the door to his new home and was instantly amazed. This place wasn't average at all. Seungri had been expecting just a small room with two beds stuck to the walls but, apparently dorms look like small apartments now. Hey, Seungri wasn't complaining if it meant he got a room to himself, he preferred his privacy when he could get it. And now as he looked around, he realized the place was furnished. Well furnished. Was this his roommates stuff? His parents must be loaded to have this much stuff in here...where was the guy anyway?

"Hey, you finally made it!" A cheery voice came from behind, "I was beginning to think you'd got lost!"

I did, Seungri thought to himself, looking the boy over. He stood clad in a white tee shirt and Doraemon pajama pants, all smiles.

"Oh..." the happy boy spoke, "I have a thing for Doraemon, if you can't tell...Kang Daesung at your service!"

The Doraemon thing was kind of obvious, Seungri thought, taking not of the various Doraemon affiliated things around the place. "Lee Seunghyun," He his charm again, "call me Seungri~"

"Nice to meet you Seungri," Dae spoke cheerfully, all smiles again, "it's your first year here too, right? I'm sure we'll have a class or two together, what's your major?"

"Music performance," Seungri smiled, "I sing."

"So do I! But I'm majoring in music performance and theatre arts...ah where are my manners, let me show you your room!" Daesung picked up Seungri's bags and hopped of to the extra room on the farside of the apartment, Seungri following closely behind. He led him into the small room, which was also pretty much well furnished like everything else.

"Does this come with the tuition" Seungri asked, looking around.

Daesung shook his head, "no, my mother paid for everything. She a famous actress, you know.  Anyway, I guess I'l let you get settled in now. I'll be in my room if you need me!" Dae smiled and left the room, closing the door behind him.

So he's a nice kid, Seungri thought, and he has money...what are the odds...Seungri sighed and plopped down on the bed, remembering where he was. This was Kankkoku University, one of South Korea's top colleges. Most of the students here probably gotten in solely for their parents being loaded and holding some type of power, be it political or celebrity wise. Which means Seungri was one of the few students who got in off of smarts alone. Seungri sighed and flopped back on the bed; first day here and he already knew he wasn't going to have many people to hang around with.

Well, Daesung seems friendly..." He spoke out loud. It was too early to jump to conclusions he decided, and besides, he had at least one new friend at least. Tomorrow's a brand new day, right?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next day, the cafe was actually less busy than normal, much to Seunghyun's amazement, and he actually had time to try and figure out where he was going to get the extra help he needed. He thought about his natural three prospects. There was always Jiyong...no, he's in his final year of college so naturally he'd be busy. Come to think of it, what did he even need a job for, his parents were loaded! Moving on, there was Dongwook, but he was the laziest person he knew and he was also loaded. Oh but there was Young Bae...Nah, as nice and hardworking as he was, he was also loaded.

"...So none of my friends need a job," Seunghyun mumbled and facepalmed, "Why am I the only one who has to work for a living...?"

~You Have a Text

             You have a Text~

1:36 p.m.

From: (xxx)xxx-xxxx 

Msg: Hyung! Panda speaking! \(^o^)/ or txting, I mean, kekeke~

Seunghyun just stared at his phone with a blank expression on his face. This kid, he thought, is even cute in text.

1:40 p.m.

From: Seunghyun

Msg: Kid. Still wondering like a lost pup?

1:48 p.m.

From: Kid

Msg: -.- No...I managed to find my way...after getting lost more...

Seunghyun smiled to himself at the message. Apparently Seungri at finding his way around in new places. So he quickly texted back, keeping the message war going; as it was giving him something to do in his free time. Soon he learned that the younger boy was currently in class and that it wasn't interesting in the least bit, and he still had three more classes to attend today, and that he attended YG University. This factor amazed Seunghyun at first, seeing as how the only people who attended this school usually had tons of money to be thrown around....either that or you were exceedingly smart. Whe he first saw him, he didn't seem to be the former, so Seunghyun was guessing he got in with smarts. Well Seungri did seem pretty smart, he pondered, on top of the cute and hyper part of him.

They ended up texting back and forth like this, leaving Seunghyun leaning over the glass encased counter, smiling like a fool every time his phone buzzed, pratically forgetting that this was still a place of business. Seunghyun began to wonder when he became a thirteen year old again.

"Well, look what we have here," a male voice shook him out of his stupor, "Do I see a smile on that face? Who is she?"

Seunghyun rolled his eyes and looked up to see the object of his annoyance. The man stood clad in a plain white tee and black skinny jeans, aviator shades covering his eyes.

"Se7en, don't assume that just because I happen to be be smiling that it was a girl's doing..."

Dongwook plopped down in the chair across from Seunghyun, "you never act giddy like that man, not even when you're extremely happy. So come on...who is she? Is she cute?"

Well Seungri is cute...Gahh! What am I even thinking?! "...Is there a point to you being here, Dongwook?"

"What?" He gave him a questioning look while digging in a nearby box for a slice of cake. "I'm not allowed to visit a friend?"

"...What do you want, hyung."

"What?...Okay fine, I'm here for the free cake, but I gotta bonus by watching you turn into a giddy little school girl all over again."

Seunghyun snorted. He was pretty sure all of his friends were put in place just for the pleasure of annoying him.

"Who's turning into anything?" He replied to him, "It was just a simple text from...someone."

"And that 'someone' has made you a really happy boy over such a 'simple' message..."

Seunghyun growled, 'Aish, hyung! Go get your stupid cake already!"

"Okay! Geez," Dongwook laughed at his frustration, "so touchy..."

Seunghyun watched him walk over to the counter that held the cake, and turned his attention back to his phone, noticing he had another text from the boy.

2:20 p.m.

From: Panda

Msg: I'm bored, you want to hang out today? ^^

He moves fast, he thought. Oh lord my thoughts again...what is my issue?!

"Ohoho a date?" Dongwook was leaning over his shoulder, this girl must really be something."

Seunghyun slammed his phone shut and glared, "it's not even a girl!"

"So it is a date? And with a guy?" Dongwook laughed, "Funny, I didn't think you played for the other team..."

Seunghyun just sat there baffled at his hyung's response until he fully realized what he said, causing him to faceplant on the table.

"Aish...I don't!" I mean, I don't think I do? "He's just some kid I met at random last night..."

Dongwook looked back at him non chalantly nomming on his slice of cake, "seems to me like you already have a thing for him."

"I do not have a -"

"Who does Seungie have a thing for?" Jiyong casually strolled into the cafe with an amused look on his face at what he was hearing.

Oh dear god, WHY, Seunghyun thought. He knew Ji wasn't going to let go of this unfortunate matter at hand.

"I don't have a thing for anybody," He grumbled while giving Dongwook a death glare, who in turn smiled innocently.

"He won't tell me either,"Dongwook shrugged.

"THERE'S NOTHING TO TELL!"

"Like hell there isn't!", Jiyong pointed, "It written all over our face! You're blushing!"

"I'm not blushing, it's called being annoyed..." he grumbled once more, but unfortunately Jiyong wasn't taking no for an answer.

"Lie about it all you want, but something IS there, I can tell...and by god I'm going to be there when it all finally comes to the light. You ought to know by now that you can't hide anything from he Seungie..."

"Count me in," Dongwook agreed, and decided to add more fuel to the fire. "You know you never did deny the 'date' part of the deal..."

Jiyong's eyes lit up and he nearly squealed, "A DATE?!?!"

Seunghyun faceplanted the table once more. Uggh, ing Dongwook hyung...Lord I don't know what I've done to deserve this, but just smite me now...

~Fin

A/N: Haha! TOP's friends are such freeloaders xD Anyway, Yes, I'm finally posting my second chapter to this fic. I got super busy and I didn't have the time to write anything, but now I finally have some time to work on this story. I told you guise that I'm not going to abandon this fic, but I'm not going to rush it either, So I'm telling you now, I don't know when I'll be finshed with the third chapter, but just know that it's coming. Thanks for all the comments on the first chapter and as you know, Comments are still very much L.O.V to the E yo! y second chapter is y