Unintentional First Meetings

Starts with a Taste

Seunghyun smiled when he saw his best friend of ten years enter the shop. Jiyong put on one of his best smiles and cheerfully waved at the older man.

"Seungie!" Jiyong rested his elbows on top of the glass encased counter, "busy day today?"

"Hey Ji," Seunghyun smiled and continued to mix whatever concoction he'd thrown together, "isn't always busy? I can barely keep up on most days."

Jiyong stepped behind the counter and helped himself to a piece of cake. "Maybe you should invest in some help? I'm free you know..."

"Oh that's a great idea, Ji," Seunghyun spoke, the sarcasm evident in his voice, but Jiyong never noticed a thing; he was too busy thinking of the possibilities of more free cake.

"Really? Like legit you'll let me help?"

"Ji, you wouldn't even serve the customers for spending your time stuffing your own face," Seunghyun took the new place of cake Jiyong had helped himself to away from him, "besides, I've been running this shop on my own since my mom passed it on to me. I'm doing just fine on my own."

Jiyong gave him a skeptical look, "just think about it at least. You never hardly have the time to do fun stuff anymore."

"That's called having a job Ji," Seunghyun glared. "I can't just drop everything just because I want to, like a certain man I know..."

"Mmrfh," Jiyong mumbled, nomming on the slice of cake Seunghyun took away from him that he somehow managed to get back. "I'm sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear over the sound of my chewing; god Hyunnie your cake is so good..."

Seunghyun rolled his eyes, "Don't you have somewhere to be right now?"

"Oh right. Class at one," The skinny fashionista bounced his way out of the cafe, "oh, and I'm serious about the getting help thing, you can't keep running a busy cafe like this on your own man, see ya!"

Seunghyun watched as the hyper ball of energy that was Jiyong disappear ofrom his sight, and let out a sigh of relief. His best friend could be seriously annoying sometimes, even when he was right. Running this cafe was getting a little out of hand for just him alone, but where was he going to find the extra help he needed? Hell if he knew. Seunghyun sighed to himself, and went back to serving the customers. He would cross that bridge when he came to it in the near future.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seungri stepped off the train, bags in hand, and admired the crowds of bustling people scurrying though the station. For of his life he stayed in Gwangju, which was more of a country town compaired to Seoul, and now making the venture outside of his hometown to the big city, seeing the difference, quite intrigued him.

"But where am I supposed to go..." Seungri thought out loud. He had gotten into one of Seoul's exceptional universties, which was the reason for his trip here. He had his class schedule, and he even knew where and with whom he'd be staying with for the next three years (some guy, Daesung was his name), so he was pumped for the times ahead. But first thing's first: getting a sense of direction in this foreign place. Seungri finally made his way out of the train station, walking around for a bit until he finally just gave up and came to the conclusion that he was lost.

"Aish," He said ploppng down on the nearest bench, "where am I?!"

"You're lost," A deep voice came from beside him. Seungri hadn't even noticed the man sitting beside him.

"Uh, yeah..." Seungri mumbled, looking at the man who seemed to be involved in the book he was reading. "How did you know?"

"You've been wondering around the area for a while now..." The man spoke, still very much into his book. Seungri blinked and took a glance at what the man was reading.

A cookbook...for cheesecake.

"Omo," Seungri looked up at the dark haired man, "are you a cook?"

Finally the man looked up from his book to glance at the younger boy beside him. He's kinda cute, the older man thought, like a..."Panda."

"Huh?" Seungri raised an eyebrow. This man was a little absent minded. "I asked if you were a cook..."

"Oh..sorry. I tend to zone out a lot," the man smiled lightly, "and yeah, I am a cook, if you can call it that."

Seungri just watched the man for a moment, taking in his looks. This man was very handsome to him, so much so that it was almost  unearthly as to how good looking he was. And the way his long black hair fell into his eyes just added to it. Seungri had to tear his gaze away before his staring became more obvious.

"My name is Lee Seunghyun," Seungri smiled, "and I get the comment a lot, probably because of my eyes..." Seungri blinked a couple of times and and the other man couldn't help but notice how cute he was when he did that. "You can call me Seungri," he smiled, bigger this time.

"...Seunghyun," The older man finally spoke, "Uh, I don't really have a nickname..."

"We have the same name," Seungri perked up at this, "are you older than me? You seem like it. Can I call you hyung?"

This kid is something else. "Sure Kid." Seunghyun managed a smile.

Before they knew it, an hour had passed, and awkward conversations had turned into a discussion of college, desserts, pandas, and any other random thing you can think of. Seunghyun checked his watch and began gathering his things.

"Well it was nice talking to you, but I have to go."

Aww now?" Seungri whined like a little kid, and Seunghyun had to refrain from thinking that this kid is really cute for the millionth time that day. "Wait! Can I have your number? I mean...I'm new here and you're the first person I've met and...I'd be nice to have a friend...?

Seunghyun thought about it for a minute and didn't see a problem with adding another friend to the other three he managed to keep around. Besides. Seungri was quite entertaining.

"Here kid," He handed him his phone back after putting his number in it. "Text me whenever or something, we can chat again I guess."

Seunghyun smiled and walked off, waving in the process. Seungri smiled and plopped back down on the bench, feeling hapy that he already made a new friend while only being in Seoul for two hours or so. Well, the happy feeling lasted until he remembered his original purpose for being here.

"Crap..."Seungri sobbed, "I still don't know where I am...Why didn't I ask for directions?!"

~Fin

A/N: Finished chapter one at 2:00 in the morning! I hope this was good, I don't particularly think this is one of my better works but I had to get it out of my head and this fis is pratictaly writing itself :D Well I'm going to get to work on chapter two ASAP later today, but I'm tired so I must sleep now. Comments are L.O.V to the E  ya'll~!!~