28. The Last Straw

Unintended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

28. THE LAST STRAW (Final)

 

My love for you has no strings I love you for free

 

The rain poured heavily and there was no hint that it would stop anytime soon. Soojin looked through the window. The coldness seeped through her wedding gown and chilled her skin. Soojin almost laughed. She felt like the weather was mocking her.

 

A memory from her childhood flashed in her mind. It was raining when she found out that he moved to Canada and he didn’t even tell her anything about his departure. Well, it was not like he would tell her. They were just a mere acquaintance back then. She hadn’t even told him her name yet. Then how could she expect him to tell her that he was leaving? The uneasiness crept into her heart. The rain simply gave her the same feeling like the old times.

 

The door cracked open and Soojin simply whirled around only to see Soorin and Sehun walked inside, hand in hand. The corner of her lips twitch up to form a smile as she saw the couple strolling to her direction. Soorin looked beautiful in her innocent pale rose lace dress and Sehun was totally a perfect match for her, looking all dazzling in his black tuxedo.

 

“I don’t think I looked as beautiful as you in my wedding dress two years ago.” Soorin said as she handed her the flower bouquet.

 

“I believe the man beside you clearly opposes your thought, Soorin.” Soojin let out a soft chuckle as she took the flower bouquet from her sister.

 

“I initially thought that you were an angel in disguise.” Sehun said in playful manner but the fact he really meant every single word he said. Soorin slapped his chest. “Noona, she really likes to hit me. I will get bruised if it becomes a habit for her.” He whined childishly, gaining a happy laugh from Soojin. He winked at Soorin as their mission to make Soojin laugh accomplished.

 

“Stop exaggerating, Sehun. I didn’t hit you that hard.” Soorin replied with a meaningful grin.

 

“She won’t admit it forever. Anyway, we have fed Daehyun.” Sehun beamed.

 

“I hope Daehyun didn’t give you any trouble.” Soojin said after she stopped laughing.

 

“He really couldn’t sit still but you don’t need to worry. Jongin can handle him and he doesn’t get tired easily.” Sehun grinned, remembering the sight of Jongin chasing Daehyun here and there.

 

Soojin her lips nervously. “Daehyun… Did he ask you anything about his father?” She asked carefully. Sehun’s smile faltered. He exchanged gaze with Soorin for a while before he took a step closer to Soojin.

 

“Noona, you still have a chance to call off the wedding if you think you really can’t do this.” He said persuasively, his eyes bathed with expectation.

 

“Not anymore, Sehun. I’m done with people telling me to call off the wedding. Can you just respect my decision and pray for the best for my wedding?” Soojin shook her head and stared at Sehun with her pleading gaze.

 

“Noona, I know I have no right to tell you this but if you really can’t accept Kris hyung back, you can just tell him to back off and he will fully understand it. There is no need for you to marry with someone you don’t love. You are just torturing yourself, noona.”

 

“Sehun, please stop.” Soojin pleaded and looked away.

 

“No, you have to let me finish it.” Sehun stated firmly. “I apologize first but I have to say that you are being selfish here. I really don’t understand how you could agree to marry Park Chanyeol. I don’t see any reason why you should accept him to be your husband after everything he did to you. Do you really think that he did it because he loves you? Noona, if he really loves you then he will let you choose. If he really loves you then he will play fairly.

 

“When Kris hyung found out that you’re still alive, he made us think that he would do anything to get you back. Fortunately, he didn’t let the obsession took over his sanity. He loves you so much yet he decided to let you go because you asked him to. Tell me, has he ever forced you to accept him back by using your son as his weapon?

 

“Noona, we all know that Daehyun is your biggest weakness and Kris hyung can use him to get you back. He can file a lawsuit against you for the custody of your son and if he does it, you will have no choice but accepting him back if you don’t want to lose your son. But I don’t think that the idea had ever crossed his mind. He also can tell the public that Daehyun is his and you know that he has every right to do it but once again, he restrained himself from doing so because he respects your decision when you told him that you’re not going to let Daehyun know that Kris is his real father.

 

“Noona, you are being unfair to him. He is going to stay single forever because I don’t think he is capable to love anyone else other than you.” Sehun heaved a sigh when he saw Soojin’s expression remained emotionless. “I guess I can do nothing to change your mind. Luhan hyung is right. You are just as stubborn as Kris hyung. But noona, can I ask you one last question?”

 

Soojin glanced up at the younger guy. “What is it?”

 

“Do you think you it will help you to forget him if he is no longer here?” Sehun asked in a low voice, tilting his head to one side.

 

“What do you mean?” Soojin replied almost immediately, clearly bothered by the thought of Kris leaving somewhere without telling her. “Is he leaving anywhere?”

 

“Does it really matter for you?”

 

“No. I’m just asking. It is not like I will stop him if he really wants to go.”

 

“So the answer is?” Sehun cocked his eyebrows.

 

“I guess so.” She completely told him a lie. There was no way she could forget him easily with or without him around her. Soojin even thought that it was probably harder if Kris left because she would simply yearn to see him and if it happened then it was not possible for her to forget him.

 

“Sehun, I think we should leave to check the guests.” Soorin tugged the sleeve of Sehun’s tux. Sehun turned his head to see Soorin who was giving him I-guess-we-should-leave-eonni-alone-and-I-believe-she-will-think-about-your-words look.

 

“Well, you are right.” He commented. “Please don’t let my words ruin your mood, noona. I didn’t mean to make you feel guilty or else. I wish you a good luck for your marriage.” He smiled at Soojin and she simply smiled back at him but this time the smile didn’t touch her eyes.

 

Soorin gazed up at Sehun, sending him message through her eyes to leave first because she still had some words to Soojin. Sehun nodded understandingly and kissed her forehead before he walked out of the room. Soorin took a deep breath before she stepped next to her sister and stared at Soojin through in the mirror.

 

“Don’t worry, eonni, I’m not going to say what you don’t want to hear.” She smiled at her. “I just want to say thanks for everything you have done for me in the past. I didn’t get the chance to thank you before.” Soorin said genuinely.

 

“You don’t need to thank me, Soorin. I just did the things I should do as your sister.” Soojin replied softly.

 

“Have I told you that you are the best sister I have ever had?” Soorin continued with the sensitive topic and suddenly her vision got blurry as the tears formed in her eyes.

 

“Are you planning to make the bride cry?” Soojin whined with her watery eyes.

 

Soorin let out a soft laugh. “This is unplanned, eonni. I don’t know I will get teary easily. But you can’t cry. The tears will ruin your makeup, eonni. We want the bride looks stunning, right?”

 

Soojin started fanning herself, trying to hold back her tears. “You’d better not let Sehun wait for you too long, Soorin.” She tried to change the topic.

 

“Are you trying to kick me out now?” Soorin glared at her mischievously.

 

“Yes, I’m kicking you out because you almost made me cry.” Soojin stuck her tongue out then laughed. She held out her hand to take Soorin’s hand then pulled her sister into a hug.

 

“You have to promise me that you will be happy. If I ever see you cry, Park Chanyeol will die in my hand.” Soorin ran her hand up and down her sister’s back.

 

“I haven’t married yet to him and you already tried to make me become a widow. What a great sister I have her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter