20. Disappointment

Unintended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

20. DISAPPOINTMENT

 

Dignity is the moment you believe that love is not about losing or winning. It is just a few moments in time, followed by an eternity of situations to grow from.

 

SEHUN

The amount of reporters in front of the building is no joke. I can’t even see the main entrance to the building because they simply block the sight. I take my phone on the dashboard and shove it into my pocket then climb out of the car. I look around for a while, trying to find Baekhyun hyung’s car. I spot his car is parked some meters away from mine and I quickly jog towards his car. I knock his window and he immediately opens the passenger door, gesturing me to get in.

 

“Kris doesn’t know you come here, right?” He asks while I’m closing the door.

 

“I guess only the three of us know that I’m here. I don’t think Jongdae hyung will tell the others. No one even noticed my arrival because they were busy trying to calm Kris hyung and Jongdae hyung simply gestured me to follow him to the kitchen when he saw me.”

 

“How is he? I heard Kris punch the mirror until he was badly bleeding.”

 

“He keeps shouting and throwing things. He got it worse than four years ago. Maybe because he had to keep his feeling from us back then but now we all know what is happening. I’m really surprised when Jongdae hyung told me that Park Chanyeol is the brain behind this mess. Well, I haven’t met him yet but Kris hyung did and there is no way Kris hyung could trust him if he doesn’t seem nice. He must be a great actor.”

 

Baekhyun hyung raises his brows and stares at me for moments before he heaves a sigh. “I know him. I know Park Chanyeol. We went to the same high school and I can say that we are good friends. He told me several times that he is in love with a girl. He has kept his feeling for years until he could finally tell her few days ago. But he never mentioned the girl’s name and I have never imagined that the girl can be Choi Soojin. Well, who will expect it can be her when we all think that she was dead?”

 

“Did he by any chance try to tell you that he was going to do something like this?”

 

“I guess he did but I really didn’t imagine this is what he meant earlier. Chanyeol told me that he was going back to Seoul within this week and he would announce a very important thing. He said that he would marry the girl soon. I initially thought that he has proposed the girl and she said yes that’s why he wanted to publicize their marriage.

 

“I don’t understand why he is being like this. This is not Park Chanyeol I know. He is a nice guy. He is not someone who will cheat even if he really wants to win something. I tried to call him several times today but he doesn’t pick up my calls. He suddenly becomes a total stranger right now. I don’t know him anymore. Maybe this is the reason why people say that love is blind.”

 

“I beg to differ.” I mutter quietly but I guess Baekhyun hyung can hear me. “Love is not blind. If you are blind then love is no longer remain as obsession takes its place. People are constantly confused love with obsession but I think there is a huge difference between those two. If you love someone then you won’t impose your will but when you start doing anything to make that someone in your possession, it is obsession not love.”

 

“Truthfully, I’m a bit confused here. Do Kris, Choi Soojin, and Chanyeol involved in that so called triangle love or what?” Baekhyun hyung tilts his head to the side.

 

“Kris hyung didn’t tell you anything?”

 

Baekhyun hyung shakes his head. “He only told me to stop the news from spreading. He didn’t tell me any further explanation. Then suddenly Chanyeol held a press conference, telling everyone that Choi Soojin’s death is just a scheme and he is going to marry her because they have a son together. Well, I’m trying to understand why Kris wanted me to stop the news from spreading. He is married to her sister and this news will affect the company’s shares price in market and everything.”

 

This time it is me shaking my head. “If only Soojin noona and her son are not with Park Chanyeol right now and he didn’t tell the reporters that he is going to marry her, Kris hyung won’t even give a damn about the company’s shares price, hyung. I don’t think he will care even if the price is falling as long as Soojin noona is with him, and also their son.”

 

Baekhyun hyung’s eyes widen at the information I just gave him. “Are you telling me that the kid is Kris’ son and not Chanyeol’s? What is the relationship between those two? Gosh, he is even married to the other sister. How could he have a son with Choi Soojin?”

 

“It happened before Kris hyung knew that he had to marry with Choi Soorin. I’m not saying that Kris hyung and Soojin noona had a special relationship before but if you ask me how they could have a son, I will say that they actually love each other but fate just doesn’t give them a chance to get together. They committed a sin together and Kris hyung did another mistake when Soojin noona came to ask for his responsibility. He rejected her but then he realized that he did wrong.

 

“Fourteen days later, he wanted to apologize to her and propose her but the fate simply said the otherwise because at the same day we all were surprised by the news of her tragic accident and she died due to the accident. Kris hyung then continued living with his guilty feeling without knowing that the accident was just a scheme.

 

“Two years later, he was told that he had to marry with Choi Soorin. In most people’s eyes, they look like a happy couple but everything is only artificial. In the whole two years of their marriage, he never treats her right and it is because he doesn’t love her. He loves the other sister and somehow he had this faith in him that Soojin noona is actually still alive somewhere.

 

“We have never imagined that our trip to Jeju would bring him to meet Soojin noona. There is no way Kris hyung will let her go once again after he knows that she is alive like he always thought all this time. But things simply aren’t happening according to his plan. Soojin noona refuses to give him another chance. She even lied to him, telling him that she was married to Park Chanyeol but he didn’t believe her. He asked Minseok hyung to find anything relates to Park Chanyeol and he found out that they were not married.

 

“About the reason why Soojin noona rejects him though she loves him too, it is because Kris hyung is married to her sister and although Kris hyung never treats her right, Soorin eventually falls for him. Soojin noona knows this and that’s why she chose to back off. I don’t know if Park Chanyeol did this without her consent or Soojin noona actually agrees to marry him because the last thing she said to her sister is despite of Kris hyung and her have a son, she doesn’t want Soorin to divorce Kris hyung. She even encouraged her to fight harder. By marrying Park Chanyeol, she gives a reason to Kris hyung to stop chasing her and if Park Chanyeol is really a good guy like you said, then maybe they work together in this plan.”

 

“And the reason why you are here is because you want to prove that your assumption is correct or not?” Baekhyun hyung guesses.

 

“It can’t be less or more true.” I mutter quietly. “Kris hyung is someone I really care about. He is like my own brother. I hate it to see him like this. He had gone through a lot of pain before though he has never said it out loud. I want him to be happy and the only person who can make him happy is Soojin noona. She is so close to him yet so far. I don’t understand why the fate decides to continue torturing them instead of letting them end up together. Besides, I need to do this because the answer will give me a clue of what I should do next.”

 

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun hyung gives me a questioning look.

 

“I love Choi Soorin.” I reply firmly as I take the hoodie Baekhyun hyung prepared for me and before he can utter a single word, I step out of the car, heading to the crowds.

 

 

 

CHANYEOL

“Yes, I’m going to marry you, Park Chanyeol.”

 

To say that I’m not surprised by her answer is a big lie. She can tell the re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter