25. Broken

Unintended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

25. BROKEN

 

If in this lifetime I won’t get to have you, I’ll make sure that if I meet you in my next life, I won’t have to think twice on saying that “I waited a lifetime to say I love you…”

 

“Soojin, why did you take so long? I have cooked the breakfast…” Chanyeol’s voice trailed off when he saw Kris appear not long after Soojin stepped into the dining room.

 

“Kris?” Soorin stood up immediately when she saw Kris sending her a disapproving gaze.

 

“Sehun rushed to my apartment to tell me that you were gone. Do you know how panic he was? You should tell him before you left.” Kris scolded her.

 

“How do you know I come here?” Soorin asked.

 

“We were together when he told Soojin that you are with him.” Kris answered, emphasizing the word together deliberately as he eyed Chanyeol who looked agitated because of his statement.

 

“Why were you with him? You told me that you wanted to bring Daehyun out to catch some fresh air.” Chanyeol asked, his voice dripped with concealed rage as he walked toward Soojin.

 

“I was at the park with Daehyun when Yifan came and…” Soojin’s words came to an abrupt halt as the nervousness washed over her. Chanyeol’s eyes blazed with anger and it scared her.

 

“And what!?” Chanyeol grabbed her wrist harshly and pulled her forward. Soojin yelped in pain as Chanyeol’s grip around her wrist grew tighter. Soorin’s eyes widened, somewhat shocked since she didn’t expect Chanyeol would be this angry just because he found out that her sister was together with Kris.

 

“You are hurting her, Park Chanyeol!” Kris growled as he yanked Chanyeol’s hand to free her wrist from his bruising grasp. He circled his arm around Soojin’s waist and pulled her to his side.

 

“You are holding someone’s fiancée in case you forget. Your wife is here too. Do you have no shame, Kris?” Chanyeol spat angrily as he tried to reach for Soojin but Kris was faster than him. He took a step forward, preventing Chanyeol from stepping any closer to Soojin.

 

“Ask yourself. You are hurting someone who you claim as your fiancée. What a gentleman.” Kris hissed coldly. Chanyeol looked away.

 

“Kris, where is Daehyun?” Soorin asked as she made her way toward Kris.

 

“We dropped him at Jongin’s place.” Kris answered then shifted his gaze back to Chanyeol. “You have to thank me. If my son saw what you were doing to his mother, I bet he would simply hate you.” He scoffed.

 

“What do you want?” Chanyeol hissed through his gritted teeth.

 

“Nothing. I’m just looking for my wife.” Kris replied nonchalantly before looking at Soorin. “Soorin, what are you doing here? Why did you not tell Sehun before you left his apartment?” He asked calmly.

 

“I… I want to meet eonni.” Soorin bit her bottom lip.

 

“And how did you get here?” Kris asked again.

 

“Baekhyun-ssi gave me a lift.” She muttered quietly.

 

“You know Baekhyun?” It was Chanyeol who talked this time.

 

“He works for me.” Kris answered. “You haven’t told me the reason why you left without telling Sehun, Soorin. It’s not so thoughtful, you know? He really worries about you.”

 

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.” Soorin gazed down at the floor.

 

“Yifan, stop. You scare her.” Soojin said as she stepped to his side. “What brings you here, Soorin? Is there anything you want to say to me?” She asked softly as she reached for her sister’s hands and held them.

 

Soorin looked up to see her sister, her mind battling. Should she tell her there where both Kris and Chanyeol could hear their conversation? The reason she came was to ask her if she really wanted to marry Chanyeol and if it would make her happy. She wanted to convince her sister that she really didn’t need to do it for her. She had decided to give in and she had told her lawyer, Do Kyungsoo, to prepare the documents to end her marriage with Kris.

 

“I want to tell you that I will divorce Kris soon.” Soorin said. Kris looked at her immediately, surprised by what he just heard. On his spot, Chanyeol quietly watched the two sisters. His heart began to race when Soorin mentioned about the divorce.

 

“You can’t do that. You love him.” Soojin shook his head as she held Soorin’s face with her both hands. She couldn’t believe her ears. Her sister just told her that she was going to divorce the man she loved with all her heart.

 

“I love him. I’m not going to deny it.” Soorin smiled weakly. “But I have this friend of mine taught me that when you love someone, you want him to be happy with or without you. I didn’t understand it at all at first. I always thought that when you love someone then you have to fight for him until someday he is going to realize that it is you who always stand by him then he will learn to love you back. It is a happy ending that everyone dreams about, isn’t it? I lived with that dream everyday and I was blinded by my selfishness.

 

“The first time I found out that Kris actually loves you, it crashed me inside. But at that time, I didn’t know that you are still alive. So I built this little hope in my heart that there would be a day when he finally forgot you and loved me back. But I realized that my hope would never come true when I met you at the restaurant. There is no way he will stop loving you when you are alive. He has been waiting for you every day. He has always believed that you’re not dead. So when he finally found you, I know that I will never get the chance.

 

“Stupidly, I let my selfishness won over my prudence. When you told me that you would back off if I wanted you to, I really wanted to tell you to stay away, to go to a place where Kris couldn’t find you. I knew that it was gonna be useless because nothing can stop him from loving you and my selfishness would only torture the both of you but I was not ready to lose him. I know that it sounds stupid because he is not even mine.

 

“I was asking myself why I couldn’t do the same thing you did for me. I believe that your love for Kris is even greater than mine but you chose to give in just because you know that I love him too. Shouldn’t I be grateful for having someone like you as my sister?

 

“I always thought that there is nobody cares for me but you always know what I need even without me telling you. I always thought that there is nobody thinks about my feeling but you always do anything to make me happy. I always thought that I have nobody stands by my side but the fact you never leave me alone. I hate myself. I hate myself for being selfish. I hate myself for not being able to do the same thing you did for me. I didn’t understand why I was so selfish until Sehun told me something and it felt like having a hard slap across my face but his words opened my eyes.

 

“It is true that I love Kris but apparently it’s not the only reason why I couldn’t let him go. I love him and it hurts to see him loving someone else. It’s worse because the person he loves is none other than my own sister, someone who always wins over me. Out of all the girls, why she must be you? I was tired being number two. I was tired being the one who always lost to you. I wanted to prove that I could win over you. That’s why I couldn’t give up easily on him. That’s why I couldn’t do the same thing you did it for me. But then Sehun made me realize that this is wrong. This is not just love. This is also an obsession. I wanted to win his heart because I wanted to win over you. I obsessed to win over you and because of this stupid obsession, I hurt you, I hurt Kris, and for the worst, I hurt Sehun too.

 

“Sehun is the only person who never compares me to you. Sehun is the only person who always there for me when no one even bothers to ask me about what I feel. He cares about me but I was blinded by this obsession until I couldn’t see him. Thanks God, he finally managed to make see what I didn’t see before. I love Kris but he is n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter