23. Trouble

Unintended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

23. TROUBLE

 

You’re going to wake up one day and realize what you’ve done and you’re going to regret the time you wasted apart from him for the rest of your life.

 

Maybe I really don’t deserve a second chance.

 

The words played in Kris’ mind like a broken tape kept replaying the same old song over and over again. However, asking a man who might even love her more than he loved himself, not to mention the fact that she knew it, to be the best man in her wedding day, wasn’t it just too much to ask?

 

Every single inch of himself prickled over the thought. But then again, he couldn’t bring himself to hate her for breaking his heart in such way. There was no way he could do it when he knew that he loved her too much even just to reject her request.

 

“Kris, may I come in?” Luhan’s voice interrupted the tall guy’s dejected thought. There he was again. After driving Soorin back to Sehun’s place last night, Kris chose to not return to their house but coming back to his friend’s apartment.

 

He gave Luhan no reply but he knew him better. Although he refused to let Luhan in, the said Chinese guy would still do it. Kris heard the click sound, indicating that Luhan was opening the door and it was followed by the sound of his footsteps as the latter strolled to his direction.

 

“Why should I say yes when I don’t even feel like attending her wedding?” Kris shot Luhan a question as the latter sat next to him. But Luhan said nothing since he thought that the question was just rhetorical.

 

“What do you feel?” He asked out of the blue. Kris threw him a look. Did he hear it correctly? Did Luhan just ask him about what he felt?

 

“Even devastated is an underestimate.” Kris paused momentarily, trying to find the right words. “Maybe I’m broken beyond repair.” He let out a bitter chuckle.

 

“Will you ever give me permission if I say that I want to meet Soojin?” Luhan asked again. He tilted his head to one side while giving Kris an unreadable look.

 

“And what is that for?” Kris mirrored his act.

 

“Maybe it can change something. You will stand beside her as her groom, not as the best man.” Luhan chirped absentmindedly.

 

“There is no need, Luhan. She is just like me. Once she made her decision then no one can stop her. She is a headstrong type. I have learned from my experience convincing her that we should get back together for our son’s sake but apparently, I will end up being the best man in her wedding day. Isn’t it ironic?” Kris replied sourly.

 

“Kris…” Luhan bit his bottom lip, clearly hesitant about what he was going to say. “What if Soojin is the real mastermind behind everything? What if she is teamed up with Park Chanyeol and she is the one who planned the whole thing?”

 

Kris let out a dry laugh. He must be lying if he said that he never thought about the possibility of Soojin being the architect behind this awful scenario. She had a reason to do it. No matter how much she loved him, her love to Soorin was even greater and apparently, she really devoted herself in keeping her sister’s happiness.

 

In fact, it was not Park Chanyeol his true enemy in winning her heart but it was rather Soojin herself. Park Chanyeol was not his biggest obstacle. He was not even a threat. He was just an outcast. Soojin didn’t love him and he was just an object she used to stop him from chasing her. The thought boiled his blood with anger. But in his mind, if there was someone to blame, it was still Park Chanyeol. He knew his position and took the advantage of his weak point as a weapon to reverse the situation.

 

“Do you expect me to hate her?”

 

“I’m not even sure if your heart is capable to do it.” Luhan muttered under his breath.

 

“I heard that, Xi Luhan.” Kris scoffed then heaved a sigh.

 

Luhan cleared his throat. “Don’t you want to figure it out?”

 

“Is it important? Will it make any differences? You said it yourself that you are not even sure if my heart is capable to hate her. Even if she is really the author of this terrible plot twist, my feeling for her will never change, Luhan.” Kris smiled faintly.

 

“Does it mean you will never learn to love Soorin?” Even Luhan himself was surprised to hear his own question. He already knew the answer of course.

 

“I never plan to love other woman than Soojin.” Kris said calmly. “My marriage with Soorin is basically my fault. I should call off the wedding since the beginning like you always said to me but I once thought that maybe love could spark between us but the reality said the otherwise. Every time I saw her, the pain of losing Soojin ached me more. It grew some feelings inside me which I misinterpreted as hatred.

 

“People may thing that the best way to fix my mistake is by accepting the reality that I cannot have Soojin, saving my marriage, and learning to love my wife. But I beg to differ. I have caused too much damage and Soorin is just as broken as me now. But I’m not the person who can put all the pieces back together for her and she is also not the person for me.

 

“I have to say that if Soojin thinks that her marriage will stop me from divorcing her sister then she is totally wrong. I don’t understand why she is so stubborn to make me reciprocate her sister’s feeling. Soorin deserves someone better than me. Someone who loves her for the way she is. Someone who never compares her to Soojin, not because he knows she hates it but because he simply finds her more adorable than Soojin. Someone who always puts her before everything. Doesn’t this someone sound so familiar to you?” Kris gave Luhan a meaningful look.

 

“Are you talking about Sehun?” Luhan cocked his eyebrows.

 

“Is there anyone else?” He sneered.

 

“Gosh, you have to hear yourself when you indirectly told Sehun to get his hands off Soorin a few days ago. I thought a miracle happened because I swear I could sense jealousy in your voice.”

 

Kris furrowed his brows, somewhat surprised. He admitted it that he found it annoying when he saw Sehun wrapping his hands around Soorin all the time but it wasn’t jealousy. His mind was too jumbled and he got easily irritated over things.

 

“Don’t say that all of them shared the same opinion as yours.” He snarled. Luhan just shrugged.

 

“Soorin is just like a sister for me.” He spoke. “Even if I met her first, I don’t think I can see her the way I see Soojin. I’m not comparing them here but the two of them are indeed different. Do you think that within two years of our marriage I have never tried to know her better? I did, Luhan. I learned a lot of things about her. Soorin likes black but she prefers clothes with bright color to wear. She likes drinking her tea without sugar. She h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter