01. Crestfallen

Unintended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

01. CRESTFALLEN

 

I wander through the night 
And search the world to find the words to make it right 
All I want is just the way it used to be     

 

"I am pregnant." 

 

Kris embedded to his spot, his mind reeling, until the soft sigh from the petite figure in front of him brought him back to his sense. The look in her brown eyes reflected the fear he had just heard in her cracking voice. All she said were only three words but it was more than enough to bring his world crashing down. 

 

His dark eyes scanned the figure before him, secretly wishing that she was lying to him. She was a beautiful woman, had he never denied it. She had a pair of almond-shaped eyes, with light brown shades that always made him feel like she could see through him. He could remember when those eyes met his for the first time six years ago and how it halted him in his tracks, making his world stopped spinning for a while. 

 

He had been knowing her for all his life. She was everywhere; internet, television, and business magazines and six years ago he finally met her in person. Their families had the similar background and there were many occasions where both of them were invited to represent their companies, but then it was never more than just a single nod or a simple greet they gave to each other. He adored her noble attitude and ingenuity, which clearly proved that beauty wasn't always inversely proportional to intelligence, but there was nothing more that could make he found her much desirable.

 

Oh, really? 

 

Because he was Kris Wu and Kris Wu didn't do romance. He wasn't attracted with women in a tranquil devotion way. Women were never more than just instruments to satisfy his lust. And now, the beautiful heiress of the nation biggest telecommunication company - Choi Soojin was her name - was telling him that she was pregnant.

 

"And why are you telling me this?" Kris asked nonchalantly, leaning against the office wall with his arms crossed over his chest. He pretended to look unaffected and impassive although it was absolutely impossible.

 

"Because you are the father." She gritted her teeth, insulted by his question.

 

"Are you sure that the baby is mine?" He asked another heartless question. The next thing he felt was his cheek burning as the sound of the slap echoed in his office. 

 

Soojin felt a prick of humiliation in the depth of her heart. It was a regular party held by one of her parents' colleagues, but that night she was tired of her daily life and needed to get drunk to forget it for a while. Soojin remembered when Kris approached her and they involved into a deep conversation but as the alcohol took their consciousness, everything was going out of control. Then the next morning she found herself waking up on bed with Kris Wu, the nation's Casanova. What a mishap. 

 

"I'm sorry but I'm not you, Mr. Wu. I'm not sleeping around." She spat coldly.

 

Kris laughed mockingly. "Don't act like you are a Mary." 

 

"I was and you are the one who stole it from me." Her voice was barely above a whisper. 

 

It was like having someone splashed a glass of cold water to his face. Kris saw it; the blood on the bed sheet that became an evidence of her ity, her purity. His heart almost softened by the fact that he was the first man who got inside her. 

 

"So? What else now?" Kris cocked his head to one side. "Are you coming here to ask my permission for abortion? You can do that. I don't care." He ended it with a shrug, feeling his throat dry all of the sudden. There was a trace of guilt forming in his heart but he tried to sweep it away. 

 

"I'm not going to have an abortion." She said firmly as she placed her hand over her still-flat stomach. "I initially thought that you would take responsibility but I was wrong. I'm keeping the baby and I will make sure that my child will never know about you. Thank you for giving me this precious gift, Wu Yifan." 

 

And with that, she walked out of his office with tears started to damp her cheeks, leaving Kris with the guilt consumed him bit by bit. The way her tongue caressed his birth name in the end of her sentences left him breathless. No one could ever give him the same flabbergast effect like she gave him when his name escaped her lips, and there was a foreign twinge of despair when he recalled the one last cold glance she shot him right before she turned around and stepped out of his life. 

 

 

The smell of cigarette and alcohol were all over the air. Every single word Choi Soojin said to him earlier in the morning still resonated in his mind and he didn’t know how to deal with his own feeling. Everything happened in the blink of an eye and the sinful night was occurring a month ago. If she was really carrying his child, then she must be in her 2 or 3 weeks pregnancy. Would there be any trouble could be done by a pure as goddess woman like her in s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter